|
General suggestions
|
|
| Ostarisk | Date: Tuesday, 17.05.2016, 07:12 | Message # 811 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 451
Status: Offline
| Quote FastFourierTransform (  ) I'm quite sure that this idea is against modern physics. The motion is similar to that relative to the center of the galaxy.
1. just an example of what i wanted.
2. I think it would be better relative to just space.
My mods
|
| |
| |
| Watsisname | Date: Tuesday, 17.05.2016, 07:31 | Message # 812 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Messages: 2613
Status: Offline
| Yeah, I'm with FFT on this one. There is no motion "relative to space", for there is no such thing as absolute space. All motions must be measured relative to other motions. That's relativity.
I get the idea behind what the video is trying to show -- that because the Sun is orbiting the galactic center, and the planets in turn orbit the Sun, you take the center of the galaxy as your frame of reference and find that the planets trace helical paths. You can see the same thing if you look at a heliocentric trace of the Cassini spacecraft's path after reaching Saturn. But there's no physics behind that. It's not important to understanding orbital mechanics, at all. The video's explanation for how it works is completely wrong. (This would be more obvious if they actually showed the relative inclination of the solar system to the Sun's orbital path correctly). The Sun is not "dragging" the planets along in its wake. (Actually, it is, but in a completely different way which is also unfathomably weak.)
|
| |
| |
| The_Blazer | Date: Tuesday, 17.05.2016, 20:14 | Message # 813 |
|
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Italy
Messages: 34
Status: Offline
| What about adding automated station-keeping to spacecraft, at least the larger starships? Since they follow n-body gravity, orbiting EG gas giants with lots of planets around them can easily end up with your ship getting ejected from the system, or crashed into the surface, due to interference from close-by bodies. So I was thinking, just like we have autopilot options like altitude hold and match speed, could a toggle-able station-keeping mode, that persists even when the spacecraft is no longer selected, be implemented? Its purpose would be simply to automatically make orbital corrections to counter the interference of other bodies, in order to prevent dramatic alterations of the orbit you left it in.
Born too early to explore space... But just in time for Space Engine.
PC Specs: GTX 770 (2GB VRAM) - i5 4570 - 8GB RAM
|
| |
| |
| simonecinque1992 | Date: Monday, 23.05.2016, 15:15 | Message # 814 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
Italy
Messages: 470
Status: Offline
| I suggest to be able to export galaxies, nebulas, clusters and black holes
My Mods and Addons
Packard Bell Windows 10 Pro Intel® Celeron® CPU 1000M @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz 4 GB 64 bit Operative System
|
| |
| |
| JackDole | Date: Monday, 23.05.2016, 16:42 | Message # 815 |
 Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Messages: 1742
Status: Offline
| simonecinque1992,
Quote simonecinque1992 (  ) I suggest to be able to export galaxies, nebulas, clusters and black holes Black holes you can export. Either with 'Export system', or with 'Export script' in the editor, like any other star. If you export it from the editor, you have to change the name, because a name with a '*' is invalid. It is not saved by Windows.
The other proposals I endorse.
Don't forget to look here.
Edited by JackDole - Monday, 23.05.2016, 16:57 |
| |
| |
| Ostarisk | Date: Monday, 23.05.2016, 22:16 | Message # 816 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 451
Status: Offline
| It would be cool if you were able to edit your custom galaxies, being able to change the texture in game, and editing the positions of the galaxy. possibly even add in a galaxy texture maker, for anyone who doesn't understand the tutorial
My mods
|
| |
| |
| JackDole | Date: Tuesday, 24.05.2016, 15:52 | Message # 817 |
 Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Messages: 1742
Status: Offline
| Quote Ostarisk (  ) It would be cool if you were able to edit your custom galaxies, being able to change the texture in game, and editing the positions of the galaxy Position and orientation of nebulae or galaxies can be edited. Select the object, press 2 x the button '*' on the numeric keypad. It's just not possible to save the changes. You have to write down the values and enter them manually in the scripts.
On a 'QWERTZ' keyboard (for example, a German keyboard) correspond the '<' and '>' keys to the keys with the ';' and ':'. Unfortunately, these keys change also the brightness values. (Exposure, galaxy brightness)
Don't forget to look here.
|
| |
| |
| Hornblower | Date: Thursday, 26.05.2016, 01:07 | Message # 818 |
 World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 714
Status: Offline
| I think clouds should be completely Opaque to themselves. Currently, turbulent clouds look a bit ugly in images because you can see clouds though clouds. Perhaps this image better explains what I'm trying to say
Edited by Hornblower - Thursday, 26.05.2016, 01:08 |
| |
| |
| Ostarisk | Date: Thursday, 26.05.2016, 03:10 | Message # 819 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 451
Status: Offline
| Quote Hornblower (  ) can see clouds though clouds. So, in two cloud layer planets, you can see the second layer of clouds behind the first layer? also, is that an unaffected ocean?(no waves)
My mods
Edited by Ostarisk - Thursday, 26.05.2016, 03:11 |
| |
| |
| Hornblower | Date: Thursday, 26.05.2016, 03:21 | Message # 820 |
 World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 714
Status: Offline
| This is just a gas giant. I'm just saying, it would be nice if we couldn't see clouds through clouds, if that makes sense to you.
Edited by Hornblower - Thursday, 26.05.2016, 03:21 |
| |
| |
| Ostarisk | Date: Friday, 27.05.2016, 01:43 | Message # 821 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 451
Status: Offline
| Make a feature where you can export just a planet and it's moons, and not exporting the entire system of which the planet is in.
My mods
|
| |
| |
| steeljaw354 | Date: Monday, 30.05.2016, 23:36 | Message # 822 |
 World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 862
Status: Offline
| Yes please do! I would love that option.
Is it possible for moons around moons to exist on moons that are far away from their planet to exist naturally? Binary moons?
Edited by steeljaw354 - Monday, 30.05.2016, 23:38 |
| |
| |
| Ostarisk | Date: Sunday, 05.06.2016, 07:32 | Message # 823 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 451
Status: Offline
| Quote steeljaw354 (  ) Binary moons? Dunno.
1 more suggesstion: for stars, make space engine give you the semimajor axis of the star's goldilocks zone. this will be a big help for me and my custom system.
My mods
|
| |
| |
| Hornblower | Date: Sunday, 05.06.2016, 15:12 | Message # 824 |
 World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 714
Status: Offline
| Idea: random comets that come too close to their star/too hot will be denigrated. Perhaps it will become smaller the hotter it gets, or if it is completely destroyed, but the tail remains
|
| |
| |
| sclarinval | Date: Sunday, 05.06.2016, 19:12 | Message # 825 |
 Astronaut
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 41
Status: Offline
| I honestly think the game itself is beautiful, but I think the interface could be much improved. I spent a while in Photoshop and Adobe Premiere to show how I think it should look. So this isn't an actual mod I made or anything, it's just a mockup.
But anyway, here is the video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlinVp7FQwo.
And here is an image:
Just some notes: I said in the video that the button in the bottom left centers the planet on the screen. I miss worded that, it should say that it goes directly to the planet (the equivalent of pressing G). Also, I changed the look of that button slightly in the screenshot compared to the video, to make it fit more it. And I also forgot to add a time control section. I think that would just be another button in the menu, as I don't think it's used enough to be immediately available, and it'd just clutter up the UI.
So I really hope that SpaceEngineer takes this into consideration, and I'd love feedback. Thanks! :)
P.S: This is also my first time posting, so don't judge if I did anything weirdly. xD
Edited by sclarinval - Sunday, 05.06.2016, 19:31 |
| |
| |