ENG New site

Advanced search
[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
General suggestions
MosfetDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 11:40 | Message # 766
World Builder
Group: Users
Italy
Messages: 754
Status: Offline
Quote quarior14 ()
How can we do this ? This is the ship.sss file or something else ? Also, what is the line of code to do it ?

Precisely. In ship .sss file engine lines are something like this:
Code
MainEngines  500000
RetroEngines 500000
HoverEngines 0
CorrEngines  2.5
TurnEngines  0.002
WarpBoostLog 12
Warpdrive    true
Aerodynamics false

In this case WarpBoostLog is the value to tweak. Then you'll probably have something very difficult to drive.





"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram


Edited by Mosfet - Saturday, 23.04.2016, 11:41
 
quarior14Date: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 13:38 | Message # 767
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 649
Status: Offline
Quote Mosfet ()
Code
WarpBoostLog 12

Mosfet, thanks, I can change the TARDIS file I found, by DoctorOfSpace I think for him to teleport almost instantly.

Edit
I make, but a "little" excessive lol :
Code
WarpBoostLog 100000
.
Already at 100, I'm over 107 Gly/s approximately.





Quarior

Edited by quarior14 - Saturday, 23.04.2016, 14:35
 
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 21:59 | Message # 768
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
Quote quarior14 ()
WarpBoostLog 100000


That seems a bit excessive and would make any sort of manual flight impossible.





Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
 
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 23.04.2016, 22:58 | Message # 769
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Messages: 4800
Status: Offline
Quote quarior14 ()
arpBoostLog 100000

This will not work. LogBoostFactor is the exponent power in the equation:

apparent_velocity = physical_velocity * 10LogBoostFactor

But with such huge number you'll have floating point overflow.
Huge boost factor will not work also becasue warp autopilot is not designed for instant teleportation. It decreasing the boost factor while approaching the target to avoid missing it out, but using huge value could broke the algorithm.





 
GalaxyCreatorDate: Sunday, 24.04.2016, 08:55 | Message # 770
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
Messages: 2
Status: Offline
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forums, but not new to the space faring community. I did mod projects for Galactiv Civilizations II+III, Spore, X3 and Distant Worlds. I'm also a quite famous modder for Minecraft, Civilization, Freespace 2, TES and Fallout series. However, currently I'm working on a map project for Galciv III, and as of latest focus on creating all my mods for one and the same universe, as referenced here...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3808707
http://www.nexusmods.com/galacticcivilizations3/mods/53/?

...currently the universe consists of a single galaxy only named Spindelcore Galaxy, but in future I'm trying to expand on the idea, allowing it to mouth into a full fledged Life RPG. I'm even dreaming of my own RPG or 4x space game, however, that's all about dreams. So where's the relation to Space Engine you ask?

Simple, I'm currently using it to accurately create the map for Galciv III, with correct star positions. I'm also using Space Engine to build my own universe as reference for all later projects. Unfortunately I'm missing some features, and I would be very happy to see some of the following, or all, features...

1. plank Planetarium to allow building your very own universe. Currently I had to "hack" all the default catalogue files in order to achieve that goal
2. multiple Planetariums (savegames?) for diverse projects so I'm not forced to mod on the default universe, which is simply to awesome to be overriden by custom changes
3. the ability to completely exclude any procedural stars/nebulaes etc. whatsoever. It's awesome for the default program, but gets in your way if you're trying to use SE to build something custom. I'm aware that you can turn it off and on, but that's not what I want...;)
4. a "galaxy map mode", which I recon there already is. The problem is, Stars tend to get hidden if you're are to far away from them aka zooming the map to far out. So what I specifically like to see is a mode that enables stars to never hide when you're zooming out the map, and make all of them showen on the map regardless of distance, luminosity etc. I had to bypass this by adding a AppMagn of -2.0 to all stars, so they wouldn't disappear.

I'd be happy to help you guys with anything you want. I'm good at texturing, skilled in Phython, .xml, html, c++, basic and java. I'm also getting things done in Nifskope and blender, though I'm not as good in modelling, primarly due to time constraints. I'm setting up two modding projects for now, one with a completely emptied planetarium, showing only Milky Way and Solar system, and one with my custom vision of the Spindelcore Galaxy.

Regards

GC
 
SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 24.04.2016, 10:38 | Message # 771
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Messages: 4800
Status: Offline
GalaxyCreator, you may have multiple copies of SE folder. Without real objects data, such as textures of real planets and galaxies, it will be just few megabytes. Although some galaxy textures are still needed, because SE can't generate procedural galaxy models yet.

Quote GalaxyCreator ()
So what I specifically like to see is a mode that enables stars to never hide when you're zooming out the map, and make all of them showen on the map regardless of distance, luminosity etc.

This can work only with catalog stars. If you trying to do this for billions of procedural stars, computer will simply hang.





 
GalaxyCreatorDate: Sunday, 24.04.2016, 11:25 | Message # 772
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
Messages: 2
Status: Offline
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
GalaxyCreator, you may have multiple copies of SE folder. Without real objects data, such as textures of real planets and galaxies, it will be just few megabytes. Although some galaxy textures are still needed, because SE can't generate procedural galaxy models yet.

Already been there. I had to keep a copy of at least the LocalGroup.sc, SolarSys.sc and Stars.sc with Sol inside, as well as the Hipparcos.csv, or it would crash SE. My suggestions would make things so much more convenient?

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
This can work only with catalog stars. If you trying to do this for billions of procedural stars, computer will simply hang.

I understand this, hence why I was asking for a way to entirely remove any procedural creations whatsoever. How many solar objects at once can the engine work? 1.000?


Edited by GalaxyCreator - Sunday, 24.04.2016, 11:29
 
ProteusDate: Sunday, 24.04.2016, 20:42 | Message # 773
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 173
Status: Offline
The "look around" function in Free Cam mode is currently binded to the middle mouse wheel button and requires us to hold it while looking around. It would make it easier and more flexible to let us bind it to a key and toggle it on / off. This can give us the viewing freedom we have in spacecraft mode, but with the freedom of control in free cam mode.




 
Destructor1701Date: Monday, 25.04.2016, 00:41 | Message # 774
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
Messages: 533
Status: Offline
Forum suggestion:

The Mods and Addons subforum front page is laden-down with tutorials, leaving room for only six or seven new posts to show at the bottom of the first page on default Forum settings. Many of the tutorials are now superceded by refined processes in newer versions of the Engine.

My suggestion is this: Create a "Official Modding Tutorials" collection thread with version-catergorised links to all the other threads, and sticky that, unsticky-ing the plethora of tutorials. Then, when a new tut is written, a link to it can be edited into the collection thread. This will alleviate the congestion on the front page and allow the subforum to function better.





 
SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 25.04.2016, 22:44 | Message # 775
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Messages: 4800
Status: Offline
Quote GalaxyCreator ()
I understand this, hence why I was asking for a way to entirely remove any procedural creations whatsoever. How many solar objects at once can the engine work? 1.000?

What do you mean by solar objects? Planets/moons/asteroids in a system? This is depend on computer, but more than 1000 is not recommended if you want you mod to be used on a wide range of computers.





 
Bells_TheoremDate: Saturday, 30.04.2016, 04:35 | Message # 776
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 188
Status: Offline
How about presets for windowed screen sizes? I do a lot of adjusting of this setting for taking screenshots of various aspect ratios, it would be really nice to just select a pre-saved window size rather than having to type it in every time.

Maybe a option to save your current size and a drop down of all your saved sizes?


Edited by Bells_Theorem - Saturday, 30.04.2016, 04:36
 
superpeanut9Date: Monday, 02.05.2016, 00:43 | Message # 777
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 20
Status: Offline
My suggestions:
Update moon catalog (a moon for Makemake has been discovered not long ago!)
Real man made spacecrafts & satellites to be in game (like ISS)
Make space craft controls much easier (I can't figure out a thing!)
and put super novas in game, Thanks! biggrin





ethanlol
 
HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 02.05.2016, 00:47 | Message # 778
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
Quote superpeanut9 ()
Make space craft controls much easier (I can't figure out a thing!)

Spaceflight is complex, how do you suggest making it easy? Also I don't get why people have trouble, it's already as simple as it can possibly be made. You just need to understand the concepts involved, such as there being six degrees of freedom, inertia, orbital mechanics, etc. If you don't understand these things, no amount of control tinkering will help you.





All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
 
MosfetDate: Monday, 02.05.2016, 09:22 | Message # 779
World Builder
Group: Users
Italy
Messages: 754
Status: Offline
Actually at the moment it's easier than Orbiter.




"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram
 
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 02.05.2016, 09:40 | Message # 780
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
Quote superpeanut9 ()
Make space craft controls much easier (I can't figure out a thing!)


Beyond more advanced autopilot features I think what is really needed is just a tutorial.





Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
 
Search: