|
General suggestions
|
|
| Astrofox001 | Date: Tuesday, 12.04.2016, 12:32 | Message # 736 |
|
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Messages: 6
Status: Offline
| Say, I have a great suggestion: How about asteroseismology - like waves travelling across the surface of the star?
|
| |
| |
| Alek | Date: Wednesday, 13.04.2016, 03:21 | Message # 737 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 326
Status: Offline
| Quote Astrofox001 (  ) Say, I have a great suggestion: How about asteroseismology - like waves travelling across the surface of the star?
Yes yes yes yes This could also be helpful with magnetar bursts because this is what causes those
Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.
|
| |
| |
| JackDole | Date: Thursday, 14.04.2016, 17:17 | Message # 738 |
 Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Messages: 1742
Status: Offline
| Is it possible to limit the automatic increase of galaxies visibility? When I have installed the 'SDSSGalaxyCatalog_GZ_1_1' addon, it is me too bright!
If not, would it be possible to build in such a function?
Don't forget to look here.
|
| |
| |
| 405hel | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 11:10 | Message # 739 |
|
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Messages: 4
Status: Offline
| Would it be possible to add a "flyby calculator" for spaceship orbits like in KSP?
Just to calculate the nearest approach to the target by assuming a 2-body orbit around the current influence body, and will be really useful for non-warp travel.
|
| |
| |
| Proteus | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 18:43 | Message # 740 |
|
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 173
Status: Offline
| Suggestion: Tooltips showing currently set keyboard shortcut for each button on the visual interface. Will be much faster to learn or remind of what any particular keybind is by just hovering over its button, when you don't want to sift through the controls window looking for it.
Edited by Proteus - Friday, 15.04.2016, 18:45 |
| |
| |
| HarbingerDawn | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 18:51 | Message # 741 |
 Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
| Quote Proteus (  ) Tooltips showing currently set keyboard shortcut for each button on the visual interface This has been suggested before, and I've actually looked into implementing it, but it's not as simple as it sounds from a coding standpoint.
All forum users, please read this! My SE mods and addons Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
|
| |
| |
| JackDole | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 18:51 | Message # 742 |
 Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Messages: 1742
Status: Offline
| Quote Proteus (  ) Tooltips showing currently set keyboard shortcut for each button on the visual interface. I second this!
Don't forget to look here.
|
| |
| |
| HarbingerDawn | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 19:17 | Message # 743 |
 Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
| I don't really understand what's so hard about learning the keyboard commands, I memorized most of them within a few days of using SE Though I do agree with your suggestion and would like to see it implemented, to make things easier for others.
All forum users, please read this! My SE mods and addons Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
|
| |
| |
| quarior14 | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 19:23 | Message # 744 |
 World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 649
Status: Offline
| Quote 405hel (  ) Would it be possible to add a "flyby calculator" for spaceship orbits like in KSP?
Just to calculate the nearest approach to the target by assuming a 2-body orbit around the current influence body, and will be really useful for non-warp travel. I can also add since it and also bind to KSP for orbit regardless of the eccentricity that the Rperi is always positive because greater than 1, it is also negative and not the value of the perige.
Also if they would fit with the atmosphere and the length of the spaceship like this:
Rsmin = Radius + HeightAtmosphere + (Lengthspacecraft/2)
Also, an auto-orbite mode, we chose his semi-major-axis, inclination (with reference plane) and its eccentricity and the spacecraft does it all only.
Quarior
Edited by quarior14 - Friday, 15.04.2016, 19:40 |
| |
| |
| Proteus | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 20:33 | Message # 745 |
|
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 173
Status: Offline
| Quote HarbingerDawn (  ) I don't really understand what's so hard about learning the keyboard commands, I memorized most of them within a few days of using SE Though I do agree with your suggestion and would like to see it implemented, to make things easier for others.
I didn't have any trouble learning them initially, though, like many I know, I don't play SE on frequent enough basis to keep many of the less frequently used shortcuts in my memory, then I noticed many people who I introduce SE to with the same issue. For me, I know where the button for what I want is, I find myself hovering over the button expecting that tooltip to remind me.
Edited by Proteus - Friday, 15.04.2016, 20:36 |
| |
| |
| PlutonianEmpire | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 20:52 | Message # 746 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 475
Status: Offline
| I just use my own keyboard shortcuts, and hit F8 to remap them to my preferences upon every new install and update. :)
An option or button to import previous keymap configs would reduce the tediousness of it though.
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )
|
| |
| |
| HarbingerDawn | Date: Friday, 15.04.2016, 21:09 | Message # 747 |
 Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
| Quote PlutonianEmpire (  ) An option or button to import previous keymap configs would reduce the tediousness of it though. Use a file merge program (I use WinMerge) to merge your previous keys config with the new one.
All forum users, please read this! My SE mods and addons Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
|
| |
| |
| PlutonianEmpire | Date: Saturday, 16.04.2016, 01:15 | Message # 748 |
 Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 475
Status: Offline
| That would work, thank you.
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )
|
| |
| |
| quarior14 | Date: Saturday, 16.04.2016, 08:58 | Message # 749 |
 World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 649
Status: Offline
| I looked on the forum but I have not found result with regard to the aerodynamic effect of the atmosphere (on entry). I mean that if there is a high speed, we begin to see the effects of friction on vessels (and perhaps another object of that it will be implementing collision). A picture to illustrate what I mean :
Quarior
|
| |
| |
| Oatmeal_Spigeon | Date: Tuesday, 19.04.2016, 00:57 | Message # 750 |
 Space Tourist
Group: Users
New Zealand
Messages: 39
Status: Offline
| Will there be solid hitboxes and transparent textures for spaceships?
"I am neither Oatmeal Spigeon Nor Oatmeal Spigeon Nor."
Edited by Oatmeal_Spigeon - Tuesday, 19.04.2016, 05:42 |
| |
| |