|
Work progress 0.97
|
|
| Fireinthehole- | Date: Monday, 22.04.2013, 21:14 | Message # 886 |
 Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Messages: 365
Status: Offline
| Looks amazing, especially the Milky Way.
Love Space Engine!
|
| |
| |
| spacer | Date: Monday, 22.04.2013, 21:58 | Message # 887 |
 Star Engineer
Group: Users
Israel
Messages: 1258
Status: Offline
| What is the ESI?
"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still" -carl sagan
-space engine photographer
|
| |
| |
| Fireinthehole- | Date: Monday, 22.04.2013, 22:00 | Message # 888 |
 Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Messages: 365
Status: Offline
| Quote (spacer) What is the ESI? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Similarity_Index
Love Space Engine!
|
| |
| |
| spacer | Date: Monday, 22.04.2013, 22:10 | Message # 889 |
 Star Engineer
Group: Users
Israel
Messages: 1258
Status: Offline
| ty
"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still" -carl sagan
-space engine photographer
|
| |
| |
| AmericaisBabylon | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 19:13 | Message # 890 |
|
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 32
Status: Offline
| as much as i love this program i have to say something. The new milkyway galaxy in 97 looks terrible. It could definately use more work. And no amout of smart remarks or feedback from some of the rather rude moderators which do more to hurt the sight than help by the way they treat people will fix that. Only accepting positive feedback and working hard will do the trick. Thankyou for all of your work space engineer and I love and respect your work. As for my comments concerning some but not all of your monitors, I have no need to name which one or ones because with some relatively simple review it is easy to see what I speak of. This hurts your cause space engineer and while I have never been treated poorly I can no longer sit back and read that form of ignorance without saying something because I love people I love SE and want to continue to see people excited and involved. I hope you see this as I imagine that a person will be quick to want to delete this post. So to help benifit your work progress I sincerely hope you address this problem. Rules are necessary but no one deserves to be treated stupid and talked down to as it happens quite often and in almost every post at some time or another. The main one im sure knows who he is and without putting names out there I hope to simply shed light and see the overall SE experience improve. Thanks for the updates!!!!!
|
| |
| |
| HarbingerDawn | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 19:26 | Message # 891 |
 Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
| AmericaisBabylon, speaking of rules, please try to use better spelling, grammar, and sentence structure when posting so that people will be better able to understand you. Also, feedback on SpaceEngineer's progress updates is of course welcome, but try to be a little more descriptive than just saying that it looks terrible. Elaborate on that by saying what about it you don't like, and maybe what you would suggest to improve it.
All forum users, please read this! My SE mods and addons Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
|
| |
| |
| Antza2 | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 19:44 | Message # 892 |
 World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
| Quote (AmericaisBabylon) The new milkyway galaxy in 97 looks terrible. Care to explain how? In my opinion they are significantly better than in the previous versions.
Quote (AmericaisBabylon) rather rude moderators I don't see how we have been rude in any way. Our job is to make sure that people respect the rules.
Quote (AmericaisBabylon) which do more to hurt the sight than help by the way they treat people will fix that. I honestly have no idea what you are saying here. Please try to improve your grammar.
Quote (AmericaisBabylon) I hope you see this as I imagine that a person will be quick to want to delete this post. Nobody is going to delete your post.
Quote (AmericaisBabylon) Rules are necessary but no one deserves to be treated stupid and talked down to as it happens quite often and in almost every post at some time or another. We don't treat people stupid here and i'd appreciate if you stopped bashing on the moderators for no good reason.
Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
|
| |
| |
| HarbingerDawn | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 20:11 | Message # 893 |
 Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
| Quote (Antza2) We don't treat people stupid here and i'd appreciate if you stopped bashing on the moderators for no good reason. He has a right to express his opinion.
All forum users, please read this! My SE mods and addons Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
|
| |
| |
| mustafa2812 | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 20:17 | Message # 894 |
 Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 121
Status: Offline
| I thought we werent going to have off topic conversations on here
PC specs: Windows 7 64 bit. Intel Core i5-2400 quad-core (3.1GHz, 6MB Cache). 6GB DDR3-1333MGz SDRAM[2 DIMMs]. 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive. 3GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545.
|
| |
| |
| HarbingerDawn | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 20:26 | Message # 895 |
 Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
| Quote (mustafa2812) I thought we werent going to have off topic conversations on here We're not. Included in that rather massive aside was genuine feedback on SpaceEngineer's posts, so it can stay. But let's try to not let this turn into an off topic conversation.
All forum users, please read this! My SE mods and addons Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
|
| |
| |
| Antza2 | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 20:34 | Message # 896 |
 World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
| Quote (HarbingerDawn) He has a right to express his opinion. Yes he has, but like i said, he should provide proof for his claims.
Quote (HarbingerDawn) But let's try to not let this turn into an off topic conversation. I agree with this.
Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
|
| |
| |
| QuietlyConident | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 22:00 | Message # 897 |
|
Astronaut
Group: Users
United Kingdom
Messages: 54
Status: Offline
| I have to slightly agree about the milky way. I think, IMO, that its a bit too ..if I can find the right word.. garish? As in, it's so colourful and beautiful and such, but its a bit TOO colourfull and over-textured.
I'm just saying, because I'm wondering what the milky way WOULD look like with your own eyes from a point in space. I'm fairly sure the new texture is a combined texture from various wavelengths, not just the visible part of the spectrum.
I think subtly is best. But the new milky way is anything but subtle, and I think it might detract from the rest of a scene.
A way to mitigate this might be to have some sort of transparency slider, so you could "tune down" the brightness of the milky way texture.
Anyway, not to bash on SpaceEngineer at all. His hard work is GREAT! Just expressing my opinion.
|
| |
| |
| Fireinthehole- | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 22:01 | Message # 898 |
 Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Messages: 365
Status: Offline
| Seriously, I don't understand what you people are talking about. I think the new Milky Way is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Much more realistic than the previous one.
Love Space Engine!
|
| |
| |
| HarbingerDawn | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 22:09 | Message # 899 |
 Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
| The Milky Way that you see in the sky in SE is not a texture, it is a fully 3D sprite model seen from the inside, like being in a nebula. To see the effect in action all you have to do is fly through the galaxy or out of it. And the brightness of the galaxy sprites can be adjusted (you can see that same option now, go into SE and press F7 and adjust the galaxy exposure). I agree that the default galaxy sprite brightness in 0.97 looks too bright, so I plan to set it to a lower level. When it comes out mess with that slider that I mentioned and see what looks best to you, then go to the main.cfg file and set the default to whatever value you liked. 3.0 or 3.5 will probably look nice.
It may be a bit bright, but it is not too colorful. The Milky Way color is actually quite realistic, and is not substantially different from the current version aside from the improved dust sprites. Also, most screenshots released to date have not reflected the final appearance of the Milky Way.
All forum users, please read this! My SE mods and addons Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
Edited by HarbingerDawn - Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 22:10 |
| |
| |
| QuietlyConident | Date: Tuesday, 23.04.2013, 22:18 | Message # 900 |
|
Astronaut
Group: Users
United Kingdom
Messages: 54
Status: Offline
| Oh yeah? Fair enough, maybe its a case that real life looks too much like a hollywood movie. I'm so used to seeing a "milky" splash across the night sky when I look up, with no colours, just the barest hint of a structure with patches of darker and lighter. It's what I imagine the night sky to look like without any atmosphere in the way too.
|
| |
| |