|
DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium
|
|
| dblack | Date: Sunday, 26.01.2014, 03:27 | Message # 196 |
 Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 35
Status: Offline
| Quote Destructor1701 (  ) They look fine in that shot.
If you tell me which version of the ship it is (I presume it's from BC, probably Wiley Coyote's, but he's tweaked and re-released it a few times), I can extract the emis maps and send them to you.
Not only do they look fine in that shot, but it looks near perfect. Looks as good as the movie. I am amazed at spaceengine every time I use it...
|
| |
| |
| DoctorOfSpace | Date: Sunday, 26.01.2014, 05:00 | Message # 197 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
| Quote Destructor1701 (  ) They look fine in that shot.
No they don't. If you look closer you'll see a few broken areas and even a few missing patches.
Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
|
| |
| |
| RockoRocks | Date: Sunday, 26.01.2014, 11:05 | Message # 198 |
 World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
Messages: 674
Status: Offline
| Quote DoctorOfSpace (  ) a few missing patches. I had that too when I tried that model in the previous version of SE. It's from Celestia, isn't it?
I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually
AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM
|
| |
| |
| DoctorOfSpace | Date: Sunday, 26.01.2014, 15:44 | Message # 199 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
| Quote RockoRocks (  ) It's from Celestia, isn't it?
No
Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
|
| |
| |
| Destructor1701 | Date: Monday, 27.01.2014, 02:48 | Message # 200 |
|
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
Messages: 533
Status: Offline
| I think I've figured out what's going on, Doc. You're using the Enterprise NCC-1701-A registries on the Refit Enterprise NCC-1701. The two ships were identical in design, but used different external lighting setups, so you're getting hard boundaries on the registry maps.
Switch the ship over to the A-maps (in the WCTMPenta folder), or switch the registries to the 1701 version, and the lighting will match.
Edited by Destructor1701 - Monday, 27.01.2014, 02:51 |
| |
| |
| DoctorOfSpace | Date: Monday, 27.01.2014, 02:51 | Message # 201 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
| I will take a look when I get some more time to work on models.
Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
|
| |
| |
| Destructor1701 | Date: Wednesday, 29.01.2014, 03:01 | Message # 202 |
|
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
Messages: 533
Status: Offline
| While researching it, I ended up just porting the ships myself.
I'll send them over to you if you want to release them in a pack, or, if it's cool with you, I'll check with Wiley and release them myself.
|
| |
| |
| DoctorOfSpace | Date: Wednesday, 29.01.2014, 17:45 | Message # 203 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
| Quote Destructor1701 (  ) I'll send them over to you if you want to release them in a pack, or, if it's cool with you, I'll check with Wiley and release them myself.
No need to send anything, I already fixed the Enterprise A, unless you did other refits but I don't think those really matter much. I may setup a couple different Enterprise A options for the engine glow colors and the turned on nacelles.
I will definitely be emailing Wiley about this one after I finish a few more tweaks.
Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
|
| |
| |
| Proteus | Date: Wednesday, 29.01.2014, 21:23 | Message # 204 |
|
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 173
Status: Offline
| Outstanding! I'm so glad I asked about it now. XD
Thank you many times over Doc and Destructor!
|
| |
| |
| DoctorOfSpace | Date: Thursday, 30.01.2014, 01:30 | Message # 205 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
| I emailed Wiley about the TMP and 1701-A, hopefully he approves.
Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
|
| |
| |
| Destructor1701 | Date: Thursday, 30.01.2014, 03:09 | Message # 206 |
|
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
Messages: 533
Status: Offline
| Space Engine handles speculars differently to Bridge Commander, so I took the 1701 into photoshop and heightened the specular contrast - the A is pretty screen accurate in SE, as the studio model got a whitewash when it was re-painted as the A, killing much of the lovely specular work in the paint-job.
I know Wiley put a lot of work into getting the speculars just right, so when the showed up muted in SE, I thought I'd try to restore them to original intentions.
Here's a render by Wiley: ,
And here's an SE screenshot using the contrast-adjusted maps:
I'll PM you the maps, if you want them.
Edited by Destructor1701 - Thursday, 30.01.2014, 03:31 |
| |
| |
| DoctorOfSpace | Date: Thursday, 30.01.2014, 03:16 | Message # 207 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
| Sure. They look pretty good, will of course have to email updated screens to Wiley.
Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
|
| |
| |
| Destructor1701 | Date: Thursday, 30.01.2014, 04:05 | Message # 208 |
|
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
Messages: 533
Status: Offline
| I'm a dummy. Link PM'd.
Edited by Destructor1701 - Thursday, 30.01.2014, 04:44 |
| |
| |
| DoctorOfSpace | Date: Thursday, 30.01.2014, 16:36 | Message # 209 |
 Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
| Got an email from Wiley, he said they look good enough to release.
Added Enterprise from the original motion picture and the Enterprise A. I included your specular adjustments as optional files inside the download with instructions on how to use.
Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
|
| |
| |
| Destructor1701 | Date: Friday, 31.01.2014, 03:10 | Message # 210 |
|
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
Messages: 533
Status: Offline
| Cool! Nice job, and cheers for the shoutout on the first page!
|
| |
| |