ENG New site

Advanced search
[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Show off your work
NiakoDate: Thursday, 23.04.2015, 18:38 | Message # 751
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Spain
Messages: 21
Status: Offline
I have been messing with Kerbal Space Program and Space Engine textures:
 
parameciumkidDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 04:39 | Message # 752
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 277
Status: Offline
This isn't meant for the aforementioned spaceship game (which is making some real progress, so do check it out!), but SE inspired me to try and work up my own gravitational lens shader in Unity.

Unfortunately it isn't quite as accurate as SE's, as it only "bends light rays" in front of the camera, rather than causing rays to loop around behind the camera as a real one would. But hey, it looks cool. I may publish it on the Unity Asset Store at some point.





Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Edited by parameciumkid - Sunday, 26.04.2015, 05:10
 
VoekoevakaDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 12:19 | Message # 753
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Messages: 1016
Status: Offline
I created a bandcamp !

https://voekoevaka.bandcamp.com/releases





Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

 
SalvoDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 16:57 | Message # 754
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Messages: 1400
Status: Offline
Quote parameciumkid ()
I may publish it on the Unity Asset Store at some point.

Wow! How did you do that? I tried to do that long ago but with no result dry





The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)
 
opticalDate: Sunday, 26.04.2015, 03:33 | Message # 755
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 25
Status: Offline
Quote Salvo ()

Wow! How did you do that? I tried to do that long ago but with no result

- ignore -


Edited by optical - Sunday, 26.04.2015, 07:12
 
parameciumkidDate: Sunday, 26.04.2015, 05:09 | Message # 756
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 277
Status: Offline
It took a lot of frustrating learning-by-doing of shader programming, but the most important part was that Unity 5 allows indie developers (as opposed to before only in Unity Pro) to use the "GrabPass" function. Long story short, this takes a screenshot of the objects behind it, applies a sort of fisheye effect (based on some equations I found on Wikipedia), and then textures itself with the resulting image.
Here's a picture where I tossed a simple accretion disk on it and applied a bloom image effect:





Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P
 
opticalDate: Sunday, 26.04.2015, 07:11 | Message # 757
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 25
Status: Offline
Quote parameciumkid ()
It took a lot of frustrating learning-by-doing of shader programming, but the most important part was that Unity 5 allows indie developers (as opposed to before only in Unity Pro) to use the "GrabPass" function. Long story short, this takes a screenshot of the objects behind it, applies a sort of fisheye effect (based on some equations I found on Wikipedia), and then textures itself with the resulting image.

Cool! I don't have a lot of experience with Unity, but is the GetPass function grabbing just the black hole area or is it grabbing the entire screen? What's the performance like?

 
parameciumkidDate: Monday, 27.04.2015, 07:22 | Message # 758
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 277
Status: Offline
GetPass() grabs the entire screen AFAIK, but it runs directly on the GPU so its effect on performance so far has been unnoticeable, even with my integrated graphics chip. I may run some benchmark tests later, as well as seeing how the engine handles several black holes on-screen at once.




Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P
 
midtskogenDate: Monday, 27.04.2015, 13:20 | Message # 759
Star Engineer
Group: Users
Norway
Messages: 1674
Status: Offline
"Live" view from our new meteor quadcamera: http://voksenlia.net/met/solobs/




NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI
 
Antza2Date: Wednesday, 29.04.2015, 17:25 | Message # 760
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
Tried taking a photo of my iris.







Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
RockoRocksDate: Wednesday, 29.04.2015, 19:05 | Message # 761
World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
Messages: 674
Status: Offline
Cool; it reminds me of your avatar. Very nice structure indeed.




I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM
 
Antza2Date: Thursday, 30.04.2015, 08:29 | Message # 762
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
Thanks biggrin
I used to have bluish gray eyes as a child, but that greenish layer grew over the natural color over time. Apparently it's a mutation called "central heterochromia".





Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
Antza2Date: Sunday, 03.05.2015, 22:13 | Message # 763
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
Some macros of my pocket watch.







Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
WatsisnameDate: Friday, 08.05.2015, 20:06 | Message # 764
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Messages: 2613
Status: Offline
Oh man, I missed those last posts. Great macro shots as always... and that's an epic iris you have. smile

As for me, yesterday I climbed a little mountain.








 
Antza2Date: Sunday, 10.05.2015, 18:48 | Message # 765
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
Quote Watsisname ()
Great macro shots as always

Thanks! smile

Those are some awesome sights biggrin
I really wish Finland had some mountains. Mountain climbing is something i would like to do someday.





Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
Search: