ENG New site

Advanced search
[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Show off your work
apenpaapDate: Monday, 23.03.2015, 23:18 | Message # 736
World Builder
Group: Users
Antarctica
Messages: 1063
Status: Offline
I've begun writing a story called The Journey of the Tsar. It's a fantasy story, set in a world inspired by the 17th and 18th centuries in general, and the travels of Peter the great in particular. If you enjoy either adventure stories or early modern history, give it a read and let me know what you think.




I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.
 
AerospacefagDate: Tuesday, 24.03.2015, 14:29 | Message # 737
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Messages: 401
Status: Offline
apenpaap, I'll be sure to read it. I am not a writer myself, but I wish to express some of my ideas in the form of story or novel, so it would be interesting to see other's efforts.
 
WatsisnameDate: Wednesday, 25.03.2015, 06:22 | Message # 738
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Messages: 2613
Status: Offline
Time for the Tulip Festival here in Skagit Valley. I have been looking forward to this. smile








 
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 25.03.2015, 23:08 | Message # 739
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
Those are some really nice pictures.




Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
 
werdnaforeverDate: Thursday, 02.04.2015, 20:20 | Message # 740
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 897
Status: Offline
The ship from Solaris, from 2002. I'm going to make this ship, and a modular system much like the one in SHW's editor in the process. It's far from being finished right now.

This is sort-of detailed stuff, so I don't know if it will make it into SE; at least not yet.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Attachments: 8891441.png (420.9 Kb) · 4349829.png (160.3 Kb) · 6259741.png (451.3 Kb) · 5029861.png (327.0 Kb) · 9374898.png (271.5 Kb)


Edited by werdnaforever - Friday, 03.04.2015, 17:36
 
opticalDate: Sunday, 05.04.2015, 06:50 | Message # 741
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 25
Status: Offline
Emergerd guys. Long time no see.

I've been popping out low-quality works since I was birthed by a trans-galatican Moogual frieght carrier.

All of this was done in the last 2 months.

Galaxy



Alien font test



LSD Astronaut (bonus points if you can tell which EVA suit it was)



Live feed from a probe (i leik the clouds)



My computer (still) isn't working



Experiments in AI



Heart of gold render test (first try at making something)



Photo collage nova



Apple teleportation

 
WatsisnameDate: Sunday, 05.04.2015, 07:58 | Message # 742
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Messages: 2613
Status: Offline
Welcome back, that's some cool stuff you've been making. I like the galaxy. And the nova (both versions). cool




 
opticalDate: Sunday, 05.04.2015, 08:21 | Message # 743
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 25
Status: Offline
Thanks.

Fun fact: This was the original photo for the galaxy.

 
RockoRocksDate: Sunday, 05.04.2015, 08:24 | Message # 744
World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
Messages: 674
Status: Offline
That's really amazing optical, you should create a blog or something to put all these works on for the world to see.




I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM
 
opticalDate: Sunday, 05.04.2015, 10:52 | Message # 745
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 25
Status: Offline
RockoRocks, thanks for the kind comment. I didn't think that my work was actually worth putting on a blog!

I have some After Effects (Visual effects) stuff, tell me if you guys want a look.


Edited by optical - Sunday, 05.04.2015, 10:53
 
WwadlolDate: Monday, 13.04.2015, 20:40 | Message # 746
Space Pilot
Group: Users
Norway
Messages: 107
Status: Offline
This must be my best one so far https://soundcloud.com/wwadlol/perspective
 
parameciumkidDate: Wednesday, 15.04.2015, 06:28 | Message # 747
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 277
Status: Offline
Welp, it can't hurt too much to post this here; I too am working on a space game. Mine however is, due to time limitations, far less realistic than Space Engine and is focused on building spaceships and then blowing them up.
http://helia.heliohost.org/4803
I'm making it for a class, which requires me to make weekly progress videos, so don't bother watching the whole playlist unless you're really bored because a lot of the videos are just me talking about how I added a menu or some such.
Also note that the art assets currently shown are placeholders I was using while I waited for the models I ordered to be delivered. I didn't have time to make them look terribly nice.





Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Edited by parameciumkid - Wednesday, 15.04.2015, 06:29
 
midtskogenDate: Wednesday, 15.04.2015, 10:03 | Message # 748
Star Engineer
Group: Users
Norway
Messages: 1674
Status: Offline
Our new meteor station is operational and I've done a preliminary calibration of the cameras, and we have complete sky coverage in high resolution. Here's a 29 Mpixel image:


These cameras record continuously at 5 fps. The site is about 30 km north of Oslo and is not very heavily light polluted.





NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI


Edited by midtskogen - Wednesday, 15.04.2015, 10:23
 
opticalDate: Thursday, 16.04.2015, 14:59 | Message # 749
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 25
Status: Offline
I'm currently rendering a recreation of the 2001: A space Odyssey stargate sequence.

evidence:


http://youtu.be/SiXrrZeqi-0


Edited by optical - Friday, 17.04.2015, 09:08
 
midtskogenDate: Monday, 20.04.2015, 11:04 | Message # 750
Star Engineer
Group: Users
Norway
Messages: 1674
Status: Offline
Our new camera system located 30 km north of Oslo is now properly calibrated and we have an allsky view with a precise mapping from pixel positions to sky coordinates. The original video has 8K resolution.

Added (20.04.2015, 11:04)
---------------------------------------------
Playing with stereographic projection







NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI
 
Search: