ENG New site

Advanced search
[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Show off your work
midtskogenDate: Wednesday, 20.03.2013, 08:17 | Message # 136
Star Engineer
Group: Users
Norway
Messages: 1674
Status: Offline
Quote (NovaSilisko)
I always cringe a bit when I hear someone keeps their computer on for more than a few days. How would you feel if you were kept awake and forced to perform binary arithmetic for two weeks?

How would you feel if someone shut you down? :Þ "I'll stop and restart your heart because it's good for you".

$ uptime
07:17:28 up 791 days, 8:34, 1 user, load average: 2.51, 1.63, 1.56

I cringe a bit when I reboot my computers especially if I do it remotely, because I rarely reboot more than once a year or two and who knows what could have been messed up in the boot cycle since the last time.





NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI


Edited by midtskogen - Wednesday, 20.03.2013, 08:24
 
TimDate: Wednesday, 20.03.2013, 12:43 | Message # 137
Explorer
Group: Users
Belgium
Messages: 296
Status: Offline
I boot it up every day, twice or so...
 
Antza2Date: Thursday, 21.03.2013, 15:45 | Message # 138
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline





Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 08:38 | Message # 139
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
"Kremlin Fried Chicken"
Comrade Colonel Lenin Sanders offers you peace, bread, and drumsticks.



A little something that DoctorOfSpace inspired me to throw together cool





All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
 
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 08:39 | Message # 140
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Messages: 3600
Status: Offline
Only Colonel Lenin Sanders can save us now




Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
 
HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 08:49 | Message # 141
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
I think it's time for an extremely relevant and classic gif:






All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM


Edited by HarbingerDawn - Sunday, 31.03.2013, 04:28
 
VoekoevakaDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 14:30 | Message # 142
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Messages: 1016
Status: Offline

Attachments: 5615727.png (537.7 Kb)





Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

 
AerospacefagDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 16:22 | Message # 143
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Messages: 401
Status: Offline
HarbingerDawn,



I've got an idea to build a cool vehicle from scratch and then record it on video. It was very successful project, I think, and I've never saw something like that before.

In 0.18, I used it to deliver a heavy mining platform for Kethane Mod on the Mun, and it was successful.


Attachments: 9074363.jpg (333.2 Kb)


Edited by Aerospacefag - Sunday, 24.03.2013, 17:03
 
Antza2Date: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 16:29 | Message # 144
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
Quote (Aerospacefag)
that seems to be racist.

How is it racist?





Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
AerospacefagDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 17:02 | Message # 145
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Messages: 401
Status: Offline
Antza2, that's just some stereotype from USA I've heard about.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kfc
 
Antza2Date: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 17:27 | Message # 146
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
Quote (Aerospacefag)
Antza2, that's just some stereotype from USA I've heard about.

I know that people use KFC to make racist jokes about black people, but i can't see anything racist in the post HarbingerDawn made.





Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
AerospacefagDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 17:43 | Message # 147
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Messages: 401
Status: Offline
Antza2, Lenin is important and famous historical figure in my country and connecting it to some private company with questionable reputation isn't very funny from my point of view. I already saw a parody on Trotsky, with the same idea, and it seems to be a bit more appropriate.





Edited by Aerospacefag - Sunday, 24.03.2013, 17:48
 
Antza2Date: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 17:51 | Message # 148
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Messages: 1049
Status: Offline
Quote (Aerospacefag)
Antza2, Lenin is important and famous historical figure in my country and connecting it to some private company with questionable reputation isn't very funny from my point of view. I already saw a parody on Trotsky, with the same idea, and it seems to be a bit more appropriate.

That doesn't mean that it's racist.

A quote from Wikipedia:
"Racism involves the belief in racial differences, which acts as a justification for non-equal treatment (which some regard as "discrimination") of members of that race."





Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!
 
AerospacefagDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 18:02 | Message # 149
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Messages: 401
Status: Offline
Quote (Antza2)
Racism involves the belief in racial differences

You know what kind of differences are those, so you can probably get the idea. It's not exactly racist, so I added "it seems to" for consistency.
/offtopic


Edited by Aerospacefag - Sunday, 24.03.2013, 18:03
 
HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 24.03.2013, 18:32 | Message # 150
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
Aerospacefag, I know Lenin is an important figure in world history, and I am not mocking him, I have respect for him. I was just making a funny image. I was not making a statement with that image. Nor do I associate KFC with racism. My image was not racist, not anti-Russian, not anti-Bolshevik, not anti-Lenin, not anti-anything. It's just a picture. And that's it. I literally meant nothing by it. I usually don't make pictures to mock things I hate, I make pictures depicting things I love, or make pictures with no meaning at all.

You need to lighten up a little bit. Or, if you still think that you are justified in being upset, you can make your own image using George Washington or something. I doubt that I or anyone here would be offended.





All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM


Edited by HarbingerDawn - Sunday, 24.03.2013, 19:33
 
Search: