• Page 1 of 8
  • »
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Dreams you've had
Dreams you've had
Billy_MayesDate: Sunday, 23.06.2013, 23:34 | Message # 1
Pioneer
Group: Users
Finland
Tell us any funny/scary/strange dreams you've had.

I'll start.

I was driving a car down a street in a city. Then, I hear from the radio that Russia has attacked my country (:Finland).
I see a huge army of russian soldiers marching down a street, and I panick and try to drive away, but someone opens my door.
I shout: "This isn't a molotov car!" (For some reason I thought that a molotov car was waiting in a car for someone to open the door, and when someone did, throw a molotov cocktail at him, exploding the car and killing them both.)

I then realize that I have to escape in a space ship. I drive to a local grocery store, and I see a giant goldfish shaped space ship. I try to enter the store, but I fall and when I look at my hands they are like general grievouses hands from star wars, and I'm holding two lightsabers. I try to get up, but I cant and accidentally slice my head off and wake up.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Quad-Core - AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB VRAM - 4GB RAM - 1680x1050 75 Hz Samsung screen

DisasterpieceDate: Sunday, 23.06.2013, 23:43 | Message # 2
World Builder
United States
Oh, that's cool.

I play teh spase engien

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 23.06.2013, 23:44 | Message # 3
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
I had a dream

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 23.06.2013, 23:44 | Message # 4
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Billy_Mayes)
I look at my hands they are like general grievouses hands from star wars, and I'm holding two lightsabers. I try to get up, but I cant and accidentally slice my head off and wake up.

Priceless

Last night I had a dream that there were some festivities going on in a futuristic neo-London, and Richard Branson was piloting this giant, hundred-meter-long box-kite-like thing decorated to look like a Union Jack, and he way flying through tunnels and between skyscrapers, sitting in an open cab at the back like Santa driving his sleigh.

By far the weirdest dream I've had in a long time.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Joey_PenguinDate: Sunday, 23.06.2013, 23:57 | Message # 5
Pioneer
United States

I had a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal!

I had a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood!

I had a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice!

I had a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character!

I had a dream today!

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Edited by Joey_Penguin - Sunday, 23.06.2013, 23:58

DisasterpieceDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 00:03 | Message # 6
World Builder
United States
I had a dream, in that dream we lived in a world where chickens could cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I play teh spase engien

werdnaforeverDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 03:10 | Message # 7
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
I had a dream

Within a dream

wow, never heard someone make a reference to inception when the topic is about dreams. Amazing, truly, utterly, amazing, and so original

Ever since I saw Terminator 2, occasionally I'll have a nightmare where I'm always running from some kind of T-1000, but it's never just that; it's always in some larger context. It's less about the fact that it can change into anything/disguise itself; it's more about the fact that as soon as it catches you or touches you, it kills (stabs) you; it "gets" you! Thus the point is that I can't let it touch or catch up to me.

Edited by werdnaforever - Monday, 24.06.2013, 03:10

Crashman1390Date: Monday, 24.06.2013, 03:16 | Message # 8
Explorer
Canada
For some random reason (which I don't know) I always die in my dreams... sad
For an explanation: I frequently go look at Creepy Pastas (why, you ask? I get bored). Then I usually dream in the woods, or my neighborhood. After that a person (which my mind can't make a face for, so it is a blur) comes to me and either [REDACTED] or [REDACTED]. (censored for graphic content).

[b]I was wrong, this forum still has a horrible community.[/b]

Edited by Crashman1390 - Monday, 24.06.2013, 03:31

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 03:36 | Message # 9
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (werdnaforever)
wow, never heard someone make a reference to inception when the topic is about dreams. Amazing, truly, utterly, amazing, and so original

Someone had to do it

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 06:07 | Message # 10
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote (Within a dream)
Within Within I had a dream a dream a dream.

We need to go derper.

...sorry.

So anyway I practice lucid dreaming whenever I can, anyone else do that? Probably the closest thing you can get to living your life as if in a Matrix film. smile I'll have to dig out the old journal and post one of the weirder ones.

edit:
Quote (Crashman1390)
I always die in my dreams...

That's... unfortunate. :/ Do you actually 'die', or just get in a situation where you're about to die but wake up first?

I do know from experience that dying in a dream =/= dying in real life, contrary to what some people may fear. All that happens is you destroy your dream body and either wake up or continue dreaming, perhaps in a new setting. Or just go into a blank void for a while. It can be pretty jarring and unpleasant though, for sure.

Edited by Watsisname - Monday, 24.06.2013, 06:37

anonymousgamerDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 06:39 | Message # 11
World Builder
United States
Quote (Watsisname)
So anyway I practice lucid dreaming whenever I can, anyone else do that?

I wish I could. I've never gotten a chance for lucid dreaming since I was 6 or 7ish.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

Billy_MayesDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 13:38 | Message # 12
Pioneer
Finland
I rarely have lucid dreams. One time, I was walking in a field with a friend of mine. Then he told me that I was dreaming and I realized that I was dreaming. The first thing I did was teleport to my room and jump out of the window. It felt really fun to hit the ground. Then I flew around like superman and I noticed some friends of mine. I tried to yell at them, but I couldnt say anything. I panicked and woke up.

Then, I have this recurring dream that's been going on for about a year now.

In it, I see a black tree in the middle of white nothingess. The branches of it are shaking and I have to very carefully steady them. If they shake too much, I hear this ear-shattering sound and see a big red circle, and for some reason it's extremely terrifying to me.

Then I have another recurring dream, like the other.

In it, I again see and empty, white void. I see a complicated road system, and I walk on the road. At every turn I see a post, like a traffic light. At every turn I have to say yes, or no. If I choose the wrong answer, the post kindly corrects me.
If I say the wrong answer multiple times, I appear in a black void, with a giant person standing on a pile of red and black stuff, saying that he's going to conquer the world. I somehow have to stop him, but I never can't. Again this is all horribly scary for me.

Both of those happen a few times a week, but it varies somewhat. They have been going on for two years now.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Quad-Core - AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB VRAM - 4GB RAM - 1680x1050 75 Hz Samsung screen

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 14:49 | Message # 13
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
I've only died in a dream twice. One time I was shot, the other time I was electrocuted. The two experiences were actually quite similar and were very unlike what their real-life counterparts would be like.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

anonymousgamerDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 16:51 | Message # 14
World Builder
United States
I was once shot in a dream. I could feel my dream body getting weaker and weaker (this wasn't a lucid dream). Then, just before I died, I woke. Dreams are weird.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

midtskogenDate: Monday, 24.06.2013, 19:50 | Message # 15
Star Engineer
Norway
I don't think I've ever actually died in a dream, since if I get into lethal danger, I immediately wake up.

And I don't think I've had a paralysing nightmare since before I became a teenager, but later I realise that they were awfully realistic. For instance, I recall having a recurring dream about witnessing a passenger plane exploding and plummeting to the ground. I saw the explosion and the memory that really struck was the absolute silence of the sight. Likewise for atomic detonations. Just immense light and heat, no immediate sound or blast. If these were bad dreams caused by stuff on TV, there would be immediate sound.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Dreams you've had
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search: