Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Dreams you've had
Dreams you've had
Joey_PenguinDate: Saturday, 20.07.2013, 03:20 | Message # 31
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
When I'm tired or in bed, my imagination goes everywhere. It's sort of like reading a dream in my head.

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

DisasterpieceDate: Saturday, 20.07.2013, 07:11 | Message # 32
World Builder
United States
I have insanely cool dreams (often set in space) and I have horrifically violent dreams.

For example, in one dream, I was in my neighborhood. I was running from a tall faceless figure who had no problem keeping up with me. I was in the middle of running when he appeared in front of me. He was previously unarmed but now he had a beautifully crafted (I notice weird things when scared) spear. The pointy part was probably 6 inches across and he stuck it through my lower stomach out through my back, paralyzing me from the legs down. He stuck a hook up through the roof of my mouth and dragged me to a wall where he pushed the spear up through my neck into my head. Luckily, this was not one of the dreams where I feel physical pain.

I could make a horror movie.

I play teh spase engien

Joey_PenguinDate: Saturday, 20.07.2013, 15:01 | Message # 33
Pioneer
United States
We could make a Slender-type game with Billy_Mayes' dreams.

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Crashman1390Date: Saturday, 20.07.2013, 19:03 | Message # 34
Explorer
Canada
I had a dream once, it was in sanity's thinking quite unusual. The dream goes like this: I lay on my bed in the pitch dark. I get up to get water (By the way I think it was a lucid dream). I instinctively grabbed a flashlight to see my way around. I get my water. Out of the corner of my eye I see what seems like a person in white robes, I calm myself down by just thinking there are floaters in my periphery and my mind is making the dust into shapes I recognize. I dismiss it (of course). I look out the window a final time before I go to bed. I walk up my stairs to my bed. The bedroom lights are suspiciously tuned on. I go to turn them off. But then... I turned around, standing in a doorway is a thin person seemed to be dressed in a black body glove. I trip over myself and helplessly watches as he draws closer. Now it was getting harder to breathe as he knelt down and gripped his fingers around my jaw. I closed my eyes. It was more pressure than pain, just a quick *pop* I open my eyes and get up losing my balance in the process I finally get up in my drowsy state, feeling myself around the walls. I find a light switch and flicked it on. The glaring glaze blinded me for a couple of seconds, then I looked at the mirror. Expressionless for about a minute, and I smiled. I smiled the best I could, now that my jaw was broken hanging loosely around my neck there was no expression I laughed the horking sound sounded like a backed up drain still trying to drain liquid. Then I woke up. I didn't know what I went though...

[b]I was wrong, this forum still has a horrible community.[/b]

SpyroDate: Saturday, 03.08.2013, 14:32 | Message # 35
Explorer
United States
Quote (watsisname)
So anyway I practice lucid dreaming whenever I can, anyone else do that?

Every dream I have is a lucid dream if I like it or not. I've never experienced a blurry, control-less dream. Really!
Sometimes I do what I want, other times I get bored and let the dream do it's own thing.

Last night I had a (Lucid, again) dream where I had a huge hole in my left leg (Disasterpeice, you poisoned me with gory dreams!) and had to jump in the water from a fast-moving boat to get to a huge, floating city on the water with skyscrapers and everything. The strangest thing is that I was in my underwear.
I woke up to feel if I still had that hole in my leg (Yes, it felt that real) and fell asleep again after seeing I was only dreaming.

About a year ago I dreamed I was balancing over a long, rusty pipe crossing 200 feet above Casco Bay in Portland, ME (The city right next to Scarborough) in the middle of the night.

I've had lots of others but they probably wouldn't fit in this post, so have a look at this cute little hatchling:

I'm back, but am I here to stay? Hopefully!

Edited by Spyro - Saturday, 03.08.2013, 14:32

SpyroDate: Monday, 02.09.2013, 01:52 | Message # 36
Explorer
United States
Sorry for the double post but I had another nightmare of Haumea:

Attachments: 7007144.jpg (137.9 Kb)

I'm back, but am I here to stay? Hopefully!

HachoumaDate: Saturday, 14.09.2013, 22:41 | Message # 37
Space Tourist
Algeria
It was some time ago, and i wouldn't really know how to describe it accurately, but, for short version, it was basically some sudden apocalypse where avery animal started running away and attacking everything in their path, including me; and i was (somehow) told to go outside, in the now deserted city to find an object, and bring it somewhere, in your generic post apocalyptic CGI'd new york, but with less skyscrapers.
There was a timer, and i never found whatever i was looking for before it ran out, and each time, i was sent to some sort of main menu (yes, there are menus in my dreams), with two choices: Try Again, and Slavery.

Naturally, i tried, quite a few times, it wasn't particularly scary; but at some point, i realized i was dreaming, and tried to wake up, but it didin't work; and started getting tired of trying.

Now take a guess regarding what woke me up....

Edited by Hachouma - Tuesday, 17.09.2013, 22:11

VoekoevakaDate: Saturday, 14.09.2013, 22:58 | Message # 38
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Quote (Hachouma)
(yes, there are menus in my dreams)

Yo play too much to videogames...

Quote (Hachouma)
Now take a guess regarding what woke me up....

What ?

This night I dreamt a dying man (with a bullet on the skull) called me a leech, after I get saved by a friend.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

Edited by Voekoevaka - Saturday, 14.09.2013, 23:02

SalvoDate: Saturday, 14.09.2013, 23:07 | Message # 39
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
I recently had an apocalyptic dream too, divided in two parts:

I was in a house in Usa, I just moved there and I was with my mom and dad, we went outside to go to the supermarket, when we was going back, two moons rose up on the sky, I get very scared, we finally reach home, I suddenly turned on the TV to see if something strange was going on, and I heard something like this: "The end of our great civility has suddenly came, we lived great moments together, and we will die all together as we lived for all this time...", the journalist started crying, I get even more scared, after a while the TV continues: "I suggest you to close all the windows and doors, and maybe trying to go on the cellar, you won't see an horrible end, our planet that get destroyed", so I done it but my curiosity forced me to look out, the planet that a while ago was big as the moon became big as the sky, and after a while the dream ended with a huge explosion...

The second part is way shorter and weirder:

I was on my home, and I was normally using the pc, but suddenly, every site became a red page with printed "We gonna die" on it, after a while, suddenly started a video, where it showed some kind of gigantic syringes (big as a rocket and full of nuclear explosives) orbiting the earth, on the animation of the video they was big as texas (more or less) and one of them "attacked" the great bretain, it exploded and destroyed everything, the second one attacked russia, then another one mexico, japan, morocco, china, brazil, one after another they began to explode, and it was the turn of italy, after a couple of seconds everything became strange and my house crashed on me, together with a huge burning wind...

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Saturday, 14.09.2013, 23:09

VoekoevakaDate: Sunday, 15.09.2013, 00:22 | Message # 40
World Builder
France
My full dream (very complicated) :

Chapter I :

My family, some friends and me were in an artificial subworld called the "south zone", which is a big territory with some cities, and a false sky, like a big screen. People were divided into two groups, separated by war : people on the south who wans to save a new species of humans which are one centimeter tall, and people on the north who want to exterminate little humans because in their opinion, they are a threat for humanity. The two sides want to conquier a city in the center of the zone, and sone giant wars occurs. On the part of the dream I remember the best, I was a little human who have to cross all the south zone to rejoin his home city. I was piloting a small spaceship, and I was flying over a street, a lot giant robots came to kill me, and I found a hole on the false sky. The region over the sky look like a giant factory, and I found people living there. They said to me they are on the opposition, and they want to infiltrate the middle city. The capter ends here...

Chapter II :

The scene takes place on an horrible devasted city, with dead corpses and fire everywhere (like in some "Call of Duty" levels). There was a fight between two "Bugtis" and two "Moktars" (they are people from a comic I love, wrote by Belgian drawer François Shuiten, and written by author Benoit Peeters). They were hidden each other behind piles of sand bags in front of the entrance of a devastated hospital. I was a spectator of the scene, and I was behind the two "Moktars" (I know they are ennemies). One of the ennemies had a giant machine-gun, and he killed one of my friends. A car arrived, to rescue the nurses, the sick and the hurt from the hospital, but the dude with the machine-gun shoot on the car, and it exploded after a few secons, killing everybody. The last "Bugti" rose, and shoot on me with a pistol, but he had no more bullets. The "Moktars" noticed my presence, but they hesitate on killing me (because they saw their ennemy who tried to kill me). The last friend came to me, and kill the "Moktar" with the machine-gun, with his last bullet (I understant he was faking when he noticen he had no more munitions). The bullet pierced his head and he said between two spasms "I knew you are slow death which eat my blood". I asked if he was talking about a leech, and his last words were "yes, you are a leech".

Salvo, I wish your dream isn't premonitory.

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 07.10.2013, 10:52 | Message # 41
World Builder
France
This night, I dreamt about an IRL meetup of SE community.

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 07.10.2013, 12:07 | Message # 42
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Voekoevaka)
This night, I dreamt about an IRL meetup of SE community.

Where was the meetup? Saint Petersburg? smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 07.10.2013, 12:38 | Message # 43
World Builder
France
I don't remember a precise location. It was maybe in the USA, but the strangest fact was : the meetup was between forests and fields.

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 07.10.2013, 12:56 | Message # 44
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Voekoevaka)
the meetup was between forests and fields.

SpaceEngine community picnic biggrin

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 07.10.2013, 13:44 | Message # 45
World Builder
France
That was exactly the ambience. I remember SpaceEngineer brought a desk and made a speech.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Dreams you've had
Search: