ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Dreams you've had
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 03.10.2016, 20:20 | Message # 91
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Banana, most likely you construct those stories after the fact. When the brain is presented with information it doesn't understand it will either dump the information or try to make sense of it. This means all those fragmented bits during dreaming get pieced together into a coherent or semi-coherent experience.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

BananaDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 02:17 | Message # 92
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
This may be why dreams seem to be able to predict the future. The concept of fortune-telling dreams is not very plausible, though many people claim that their dreams contain premonitions. The human brain is excellent at finding patterns, and it could easily connect an incident from a dream to a technically unrelated occurrence in the future. Dreams are coherent to a point in which the brain attempts to connect them to real life.

Hello.

OstariskDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 03:17 | Message # 93
Pioneer
Australia
In one of these dreams, I'm living in I large mansion all n my own, except, with my one of my friends. he tells me something from which I cannot recall, and then nods at me and asks if I want some chocolate. I then wake up.

In another dream, I'm outside a school with some children around me. I then see a blue car parked up the side of the street. I open the door and go in the back seat. the car then begins to drive on it's own, with no driver. then I wake up.

One of the strangest dreams I had, I was in an indoor netball area, I see the HST somehow floating in mid-air. I'm staring at it and it's staring me back. I then start a conversation with it and then look outside the glass door. I then wake up.

My mods

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 06:29 | Message # 94
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote Ostarisk ()
...I see the HST somehow floating in mid-air. I'm staring at it and it's staring me back. I then start a conversation with it

I though my dreams was weird, they are nothing compared to this biggrin

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 10:05 | Message # 95
Galaxy Architect
United States
I am curious what a conversation with HST would be like.

*beep boop beep* HI I AM HUBBLE. *beep* MY MIRROR BASKS IN THE LIGHT OF STARS ACROSS BILLIONS OF LIGHT YEARS OF SPACE. *boop beep* OH LOOK, A SUPERNOVA. *beep beep* COSMIC LIGHT. COSMIC FIRE. *boop* MY EXISTENCE IS AN ENDLESS CIRCLE OF STARING INTO THE VOID. *buzz* I YEARN FOR EARTH. *beep* I SHALL GO TO EARTH. *boop boop boop* ACCURSED MOMENTUM WONT LET ME FALL. :C

midtskogenDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 11:50 | Message # 96
Star Engineer
Norway
In one of my stranger dreams several years ago I was experiencing the effects of an object large as a small moon impacting Earth on the other side of the Earth. It caused a 12.6 or 12.7 magnitude earthquake, but there was no violent shaking where I was, just waves as if on a large boat in rough seas. I was slightly uphill in a relatively flat landscape. I could see far and I observed the wave motions in the landscape itself. I could see the relative height of distant hills change by several tens of meters, but the crests were a few tenths of km apart. It went on for a very long time before settling. My dream didn't reveal what happened next. I just got to experience the earthquake.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

spacerDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 13:08 | Message # 97
Star Engineer
Israel
and here i am with the strangest dream i had is that i tickled a crocodile neck on my doorstep and then he bited my hand wacko blink

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

HornblowerDate: Thursday, 06.10.2016, 03:08 | Message # 98
World Builder
United States
Well just last night, I had a dream where I was working on a math equation with four variables: a, b, c, d. For some reason every time I wrote c in my dream, my stomach would hurt. Then when I had about 5-6 c's in my dream, my stomach was unbearably achy. So I woke up, but not all the way. My eyes were open, but my brain was still displaying my equations (this was at 3:00 am). Then I realized my "c"-induced stomach ache had translated into a real stomach ache. I tried all I could to not think about c, but I couldn't. It got so bad, I couldn't fall back to sleep and I took some Advil to stop it. Then I fell back to sleep about 2 hours later. What happened? IDK

What I learned from my experience: don't try to solve unsolvable equations in your sleep.

Edited by Hornblower - Thursday, 06.10.2016, 03:10

HornblowerDate: Thursday, 06.10.2016, 04:11 | Message # 99
World Builder
United States
I just though of another lesson I learned from this: I am good at algebra in my sleep.

spacerDate: Thursday, 06.10.2016, 13:26 | Message # 100
Star Engineer
Israel
Hornblower, tell that to your math teacher so you can sleep in his class! biggrin biggrin

-carl sagan

n0b0dyDate: Friday, 07.10.2016, 06:23 | Message # 101
Explorer
Pirate
Last night I saw a dream where I checked the forums and Space Engineer had posted some images showing spacecraft casting shadows on itself and on surrounding objects and below there was a link to SpaceEngine V. 1.

I wish I hadn't waken up from this dream cry

spacerDate: Friday, 07.10.2016, 11:05 | Message # 102
Star Engineer
Israel
n0b0dy, had similar dream but instead of space crafts feauters i dreamed about 3D gas giants clouds.
and plants near a cliff on alien moon orbiting gas giant and there was intelligent species there that looks like the predators (predators movie) and i was on this moon. like it wasnt in a pc but i was there while i dreamed its SE. maybe VR who knows biggrin
ohh and before i found the predators. i found some skulls with horns come out of the mouth like some Smilodon horns (or teeth if you like) and it was human-predator skull

-carl sagan

Edited by spacer - Friday, 07.10.2016, 11:08

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 07.10.2016, 11:15 | Message # 103
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
A few years ago I had a dream where SpaceEngine had VR implementation and I was standing on a beach, similar to the scene out of Contact. There were volumetric clouds, waves lapping against the shore, a single palm like tree, and the sound of an ocean.

Dreaming about SE seems to be common

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

n0b0dyDate: Saturday, 08.10.2016, 09:48 | Message # 104
Explorer
Pirate
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
A few years ago I had a dream where SpaceEngine had VR implementation and I was standing on a beach, similar to the scene out of Contact. There were volumetric clouds, waves lapping against the shore, a single palm like tree, and the sound of an ocean.

Dreaming about SE seems to be common

Our dreams may one day become a (V) reality

midtskogenDate: Wednesday, 02.11.2016, 11:33 | Message # 105
Star Engineer
Norway
My sleep and dreams were messed up last night by high fever. I dreamt about an insight that changed all of science and philosophy so fundamentally that only feverish delirium can do the experience some justice. Humankind discovered how to choose a preferred path through the many-world interpretation of quantum mechanics. That is, everyone would, in their world, be the successful, make the right decision, win the lottery, etc. But ultimately, the implication of this was that life in that world would become pointless.

How exactly this was discovered is a bit blurry, but I recall advances in quantum computing. As we got experience with quantum computers, the more problems they could solve, and in the end there was a generalisation and the door to omnipotence was wide open.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Edited by midtskogen - Wednesday, 02.11.2016, 11:33

Search: