• «
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay Concept
Gameplay Concept
PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 27.04.2016, 04:37 | Message # 91
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Quote parameciumkid ()
(but of course not literally visiting or claiming every planet or system).

So how am I supposed to conquer the universe then?

Oh dear I've said too much... wink

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 27.04.2016, 07:22 | Message # 92
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Civilization 5 in 3 dimensions is what I think of, though it could get quite hard to manage when you have hundreds, thousands, or millions of stars.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Ettore_bilboDate: Wednesday, 27.04.2016, 08:31 | Message # 93
Space Pilot
Italy
Quote parameciumkid ()
People would play not as a person or a ship, but as a civilization able to launch and control potentially unlimited numbers of ships, spreading from system to system to expand their capabilities. The most advanced players would end up controlling entire galaxies or even clusters (but of course not literally visiting or claiming every planet or system).

but with a similar gameplay, the capability of SE would be wasted... a game like this already exist: it's Ogame and don't need any Graphics Engine :-D

The_BlazerDate: Friday, 20.05.2016, 14:31 | Message # 94
Space Tourist
Italy
Quote Ettore_bilbo ()
but with a similar gameplay, the capability of SE would be wasted... a game like this already exist: it's Ogame and don't need any Graphics Engine :-D

So what about a game with Ogame's capabilities (control entire galaxies, manage an empire etc), but where the player is ultimately a physical entity? Basically, your role would be that of a President, Dictator, or some other type of leader. So if you wanted, you could visit and command your ships in person, but also sit in your office and play Ogame-style if you liked it that way. When you are present at a specific location, it could get a "motivational boost", so starship crews under your direct command would maneuver the ship faster, a mine would mine faster, etc...

I also think that being able to observe the beauty of your empire in first person would be a huge selling point, considering that no other Civilization-like game does that right now.

Born too early to explore space... But just in time for Space Engine.

PC Specs:
GTX 770 (2GB VRAM) - i5 4570 - 8GB RAM

simotodoDate: Saturday, 09.07.2016, 03:54 | Message # 95
Observer
Group: Newbies
Australia
Will the release of this game concept be like an in-app purchase, or will the current type of Space Engine be like a demo version where there is no game concept?

By the way, I'm loving what I see, great job SpaceEngineer biggrin

Specs: Acer Aspire E1-570 (Laptop); 4 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3217U CPU @1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors; Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601) x64; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

MosfetDate: Saturday, 09.07.2016, 16:48 | Message # 96
World Builder
Italy
As far as things are, Space Engine Planetarium mode, an evolution of what it is now, will be free.
AFAIK the game will have a different build/program. Some form of in-app purchase, for example for specific ships, it could be a good idea but I think it all depends on where the space games market is going right now.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

FastFourierTransformDate: Saturday, 22.10.2016, 20:19 | Message # 97
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain

IdgeliosDate: Saturday, 22.10.2016, 23:45 | Message # 98
Astronaut
United States
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()

So how am I supposed to conquer the universe then?

Oh dear I've said too much... wink

Make lots of self-replicating probes and lag the universe to oblivion!

FeffoDate: Sunday, 27.11.2016, 17:54 | Message # 99
Observer
Group: Newbies
Italy
Hello everybody,
i've read your ideas of game, and i have to say I am a little bit disappointed. there's nothing new, space simulation, space trading, exploration, yeah it is cool, but:
1) there are already a lot of games like this (probably SE will be the best one, but still)
2) they get boring after a while. i mean, look at no man's sky (i know, it have a lot more of other problems) but ultimately the main reason that made people quit is there was nothing to do.

transfer that on SE, where distances are so huge one can literally lost himself: what does an exploration game add to a current free-flight engine? nothing, if not boredom. we'll end up doing the same exact thing we already do, but slower.
the planets are different, i know, but the difference would never be so great to repay you the effort of traveling so much just to see them.
dont get me wrong, it's not a critic to the engine, this is what (i think) would happen even in real life if we had the ability of interstellar travels: we'll get bored after a while. much better to settle on a planet and enjoying it, cause at the end, is quite impossible to explore an entire planet by themselves so the "thrilling" of exploration is just resized to a more realistic scale.

so my question is: are there any possibility that from this engine something different will came out? maybe some kind of grand-strategy game, where actually the immensity of space would add deepness into the game rather than just waiting times?

By the way, i'm really impressed by your work, you are the best, keep going!

OstariskDate: Sunday, 27.11.2016, 23:19 | Message # 100
Pioneer
Australia
Quote Feffo ()
so my question is: are there any possibility that from this engine something different will came out? maybe some kind of grand-strategy game, where actually the immensity of space would add deepness into the game rather than just waiting times?

AFAIK, the game is still in beta, and if i recall correctly, the game will split into two different things when the game reaches version 1.0: One will be a space exploration game, and the other, a scientifically accurate universe simulator, like what we have now.

My mods

SalvoDate: Friday, 02.12.2016, 15:13 | Message # 101
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote Feffo ()

Actually I'm not sure if the developer's plan in far future is to release a tool for creating games (like Unity, so a proper Engine), a stand-alone game or both.

In the first case it is actually possible. It just depends on how much flexible will the engine be.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Friday, 02.12.2016, 15:14

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay Concept
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Search: