ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Hello - From New Members
naximarDate: Tuesday, 29.11.2011, 20:52 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Users
Croatia
Hello. I just wanted to say that SpaceEngine is the coolest thing I've seen on the internet.

I was dreaming about this since I first used Celestia back in 2003. I wondered why they didn't
include so many galaxies and stars with planets, but just made add-on page to struggle with.

Anyway, thanks Space Engineer. smile

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 29.11.2011, 21:33 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
I had dreamed about an infinite procedural universe a long time ago, and when I first saw Celestia in 2004, I started to work on SE smile

RobbieDate: Wednesday, 30.11.2011, 21:29 | Message # 3
Pioneer
Group: Global Moderators
United Kingdom
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
I had dreamed about an infinite procedural universe a long time ago, and when I first saw Celestia in 2004, I started to work on SE

And: Robbie is so thankful and glad that you have done it! yahoo

Quad Core i7 930 CPU o/c 3.8 GHz - 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM - ATI HD 5870 1024Mb - Intel SSD X25-M Gen 2 - Win 7 64-bit
Add Your PC Spec To Your Signature Or Post It Here

naximarDate: Wednesday, 30.11.2011, 21:46 | Message # 4
Observer
Croatia
This thing is so good, that I am even considering making my own universe when SDK is released. biggrin

Vinny1000000Date: Sunday, 18.12.2011, 09:08 | Message # 5
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Hi, guys!!

My name is Vincent Majerowicz. I'm really into space stuff. I just saw this website the other day. I think the space engine is very impressive!! Please keep up the excellent work!!

I am trying to run SE on my laptop, it's spec is:

Intel i7 2.0 GHZ (8 CPUs) processor
Windows 7
8 GB RAM
768 MB VRAM ATI Radeon graphics card

I would like to get at least 20 FPS, but currently I get only 2 to 3 FPS. Any ideas on how to get the space engine running smoother than that? Should I do anything with the graphics drivers?

Edited by Vinny1000000 - Sunday, 18.12.2011, 09:09

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 18.12.2011, 13:33 | Message # 6
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Hi Vinny1000000. Which model of Radeon do you have? Have you installed latest drivers from AMD website?

Moderator edit: subsequent replies to this thread have been moved to this post here

VinnyDate: Sunday, 12.02.2012, 03:38 | Message # 7
Explorer
United States
Hi again guys!

I'm the one with my old name/password which was vinny1000000. My old email address got hacked. So today, I registered with my new email address. My new name/password is now vinny.

Cheers,
Vincent

COL3Date: Thursday, 05.04.2012, 03:25 | Message # 8
Observer
United States
Hello everyone, I'm new on here and am absolutely blown away by this software. I remember when I was younger dreaming of one day using a program like this, it's awesome to see technology is catching up with the curious minds and imagination of people who love space and astronomy. This is easily one of the most interesting things I've come across on the Internet in a while. Anyways many thanks space engineer and I look forward to being a part of this community.

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 05.04.2012, 21:29 | Message # 9
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Thanks))

EikDate: Sunday, 15.04.2012, 16:40 | Message # 10
Observer
United States
Hello! Just downloaded SE, and it's... well, amazing. My mind was blown the second I started at a planet and kept flying out until I saw the galaxy, then the cluster of galaxies, then the known universe... and then picked a spot to zoom back in.

I'm currently downloading the high-resolution bumpmaps for the Moon. I'm trying to make the engine render procedural terrain in more detail. So far I found this setting: PlanetDetailTerra and changed it to "0.001." When it works, the asteroid I'm on can get pretty detailed (the renderer is also working triple time making all the meshes). Is there a way to bump up texture detail as well?

Thanks for making this! I think my Sunday, at least, is shot as far as productivity is concerned. smile

TalynDate: Friday, 20.04.2012, 10:53 | Message # 11
Explorer
Portugal
Hello everyone.
Ever since the days of Noctis, I have been constantly looking for an updated version of a "free roam", "sandbox" style of gameplay, that you could only find in your oun mind (Noctis was extremely good for the time, but the player's mind had a big roll in making it fun)

Space Engine was the end of the wait for me and I can't wait to see it reach version 1.0 smile

Ok, back to exploring strange new procedural worlds biggrin

PC: Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.00 GHz & 4GB DDR3 @ 1333 - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640 MB VRAM
Laptop: Intel Core2Duo T9400 @ 2.53 GHz & 4 GB DDR @ 1066 - NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Edited by Talyn - Friday, 20.04.2012, 10:53

ironsideDate: Sunday, 29.04.2012, 17:19 | Message # 12
Observer
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
What a fantastic site. I am looking forward to learning and seeing loads. Thanks for having me here.

architeuthisDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 21:07 | Message # 13
Space Tourist
United States
Hi!
What a delightful program and the plans for the future are so ambitious and exciting. A mostly-realistic newtonian 4x space game in a procedural universe nearly as vast as true universe itself! Very unique. I hope very much that it succeeds.

MickeyDate: Tuesday, 26.06.2012, 06:46 | Message # 14
Observer
United States
Hello. Just saying hi! I've used your program for a while to help me make world for my D&D games! I have a few questions that I'd like answered. That's about it!

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 26.06.2012, 09:45 | Message # 15
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Hi Mickey, which questions?

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Search: