ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Hello - From New Members
CrinaleDate: Tuesday, 26.06.2012, 14:07 | Message # 16
Observer
Group: Newbies
Spain
Hello.
I've been playing this simulator, and its awesome,
because it has got a very very very big "map" and great graphics too.
Well, that's all folks (?

Intel Core i7 CPU 2.67GHz 1.60 GHz, Nvidia 9600GT 1Gb VRam, 6 GB Ram

CaelDate: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 13:21 | Message # 17
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Denmark
Arh! There we go! Was looking for a thread or a place to post stuff like this!

Anyway, just yesterday I came across Space Engine while searching for space simulations.

I'm not really a physics geek...yet! Been studying various courses on university, but not math or physics at all - Linguistics, Danish, Paedagogy, but realised in the end that I was in the completely wrong field! So from 20th of August I'm upgrading some high school stuff to be able to attend Physics at university from next summer - with a focus on astronomy and astrophysics!

Safe to say, having only come across SpaceEngine yesterday, take a guess how much sleep I got last night tongue

XMINEIROCREEPEIROGENERALXDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 22:21 | Message # 18
Space Tourist
Group: Banned
Portugal
All new guys! biggrin I love so much this program! Best space simulator onm my life! biggrin I searched for black holes and... WOW! they are new TEXTURES! My old version sucks this one IS BETTER FOREVA! Added to black holes:
*When celestial objects pass trhu the black hole, the object stills like spaghetti passing trhu. i don't know sayin' but is really good! biggrin
*Removed the flares from the black holes. biggrin
I stilled like this: wacko and surprised !
THE BEST PROGRAM IN MAH LIFE!
1000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000/100% !!!!!

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 22:31 | Message # 19
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Hello XMINEIROCREEPEIROGENERALX, welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to read the forum rules.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, but it looks like your post would have better belonged in this thread. Try not to create any new threads unless no suitable threads exist for your post.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

OrbitalResonanceDate: Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 04:45 | Message # 20
Astronaut
United States
Hello, very big space enthusiast here. Hope to spread my romances about it a bit.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers" - Carl Sagan

FCCDate: Wednesday, 29.08.2012, 05:28 | Message # 21
Observer
Chile
Hello, I've been playing with the simulator for some months already, but I just joined this forum.
I'm a space geek and have been studying and working on astronomy related topics for a couple years

H2BroDate: Tuesday, 04.09.2012, 23:37 | Message # 22
Astronaut
Norway
Hi!

I'm Andrew, just had to say, SpaceEngineer - this game is awe-inspiring and truly a work of art. Thank you very much for making this. This is such a fantastic tool for visualizing in concrete detail the jaw-dropping distances and scales involved in astronomy. I certainly plan to make this an educational tool should I meet more folks who under appreciate what is up in the sky.

I am in eager anticipation of future releases and will do my best to contribute what knowledge I have w.r.t. scientific and technical matters on this forum! (workin on a B.Sc in Physics and Astronomy... perfect timing for me to find SpaceEngine!)
Best
H2Bro

i3 370M 2.3Ghz ATI Radeon 5650 8GB DDR3 Win 7 (runs SE suprisingly well for a laptop!)

LiquicityDate: Sunday, 16.09.2012, 01:17 | Message # 23
Observer
Netherlands
Hey there, I'm new to the forum and must sadly say I haven't experienced Space Engine yet. The simulator looks simply fantastic and I'm longing for the oppertunity to check it out. However I'm the owner of 2 Apple computers. Will it ever be able to run on Mac? What problems are the project facing? I heard that there weren't that many new updates etc...

Last week I've used some footage from space engine to fuel one of the tracks I was promoting on my YouTube account. I just used material from one of the general videos on the frontpage so I haven't really looked into who made it. The point is that I think Space Engine looks amazing, and i would like to see it developing as much as it possibly can.

Anyway, I'll be checking the forums from time to time now

Cheers,
Maris

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 16.09.2012, 01:33 | Message # 24
Cosmic Curator
United States
Welcome to the forum! We noticed the videos in the track you released, and we're glad you used footage from SpaceEngine. It meshed well with the music too.

I don't know where you heard that SpaceEngine wasn't being updated or developed, but it's not true. Development has been proceeding at a brisk pace, and new updates and progress are made regularly, and this should continue for the foreseeable future.

Concerning Mac development, it may be possible for a Mac version to be made in the future, but it would not be for a while. The developer does not currently have the resources - namely a Mac computer - to make a Mac version. In the future, if the project receives sufficient funds or if the planned game meets with good commercial success, then versions could be developed for other operating systems, including Mac OS.

Thanks for stopping by!

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Sunday, 16.09.2012, 01:34

NeapolitanBoyDate: Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 11:55 | Message # 25
Space Tourist
Italy
Hello, everybody.

I am from Napoli (Italy) and I want to say a big "thank you" to all Space Engine programmers: you really made a dream come true.
Not only: this dream is super realistic! Thank you again.

I can't wait for the new update!

Two desires I have? 1) The possibility to know the mean temperature of every place of a planet (I know, it's very hard, because, as an appreciated astronomy once said to me, "climate of planets are not predictable, so, if you are a writer, invent it!"); 2) The possibility to know the molecular composition of atmospheres and its possible tossicity.

Thank you.

MariaDate: Tuesday, 30.10.2012, 08:01 | Message # 26
Observer
United States
I'm newbie and I'm glad to be in this community. Nice to talk everything here to everybody, I’m not an expert in this field but would like to gain and share whatever I have. smile

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 30.10.2012, 09:42 | Message # 27
Cosmic Curator
United States
Hello Maria, and welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to read the forum rules.

A thread for saying hello already existed here smile

My SE mods and addons

DisasterpieceDate: Tuesday, 30.10.2012, 19:03 | Message # 28
World Builder
United States
This software is awesome and I lost sleep waiting for my Nvidia Geforce 550 in the mail. All hail Master of the Universe, Vladimir!

I play teh spase engien

VladVoivodeDate: Friday, 09.11.2012, 00:29 | Message # 29
Astronaut
Netherlands
Warm greetings to all!

I am a long time space enthusiast and literally found this amazing program by accident. I was a veteran user of Noctis and at the time, there was nothing like it. But it has been years since any development has taken place so I went - like many here - to Celestia. While I find it to be a wonderful profram, there wasn't that sense of wonder that I sought. Noctis might have been graphically primitive, but, the sense of immersion was nonetheless amazing.

Then literally by accident I found Space Engine. I have never experienced such a sense of wonder on my PC; a sense of wonder that appeals to the dreamer in me. You see, I am a professional musician and sleight of hand artist. Through both art forms I try to create worlds of sight and sound for my audiences. With Space Engine, you have created something truly magical.

I look forward to sharing journeys!

FrostbreathDate: Monday, 12.11.2012, 17:43 | Message # 30
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Netherlands
Ah, a newbie... Err, new-guys-say-hello topic! smile

I am Frostbreath, from the Netherlands and I am very enthusiastic about Space Engine and the universe in it's whole. At home, I have my own telescope, a Celestron C8. A year ago, I found this software through someone's video and I was immediatly sold. In May of this year I used this software to educate the kids at my intern about space. They were very, very excited about this software and the project about space became a huge success. In the near future, I will become a teacher at the primary school and integrate astronomy into the education program. biggrin

Amateur astronomer. Owner of a Celestron C8 telescope and, of course, Space Engine. Translator for Dutch.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Search: