ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Hello - From New Members
JackDoleDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 18:23 | Message # 166
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
I believe I also did not introduced myself here. (Actually, I know perfectly well that I didn't it.)

But I am also not yet here very long.

I just saw that yesterday would have been my one-year jubilee, here in the forum. Well, too late. I missed the celebration.

And my name is neither Jack nor Dole.

But my logo is the jackdaw, called in German 'Dohle'. (I have only subtracted the 'h'.)

My username is therefore only a result of my low English language skills! wacko dry

Don't forget to look here.

Destructor1701Date: Monday, 29.08.2016, 19:06 | Message # 167
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
Hello "JackDole" - You've made a name for yourself in that year, even without introductions!

I'm Destructor1701... I don't know if I introduced myself - I've been hanging around here at least 5 years now.

anonymousgamerDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 19:12 | Message # 168
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote Destructor1701 ()
I've been hanging around here at least 5 years now.

Whoa. I just checked, and we registered within half an hour of each other.

While we're on this bandwagon, I've never actually introduced myself either as far as I know. I'm anonymousgamer, been around here for 4.5 years. It's been an amazing experience watching this program and the community grow.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

HornblowerDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 20:00 | Message # 169
World Builder
United States
I'm not exactly "new" either, but I haven't introduced myself. I'm Hornblower (don't ask about how I got this name). I've been playing Space Engine for 4 years or so, and I just recently started using the forums. Also, I fly an airplane!

Attachments: 7818801.jpg (209.5 Kb) · 2821712.jpg (659.9 Kb) · 9738147.jpg (564.2 Kb) · 4402601.jpg (372.1 Kb)

Edited by Hornblower - Monday, 29.08.2016, 20:07

BambusmanDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 20:11 | Message # 170
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
i also didnt introduce myself biggrin
I'm here since 2 years now and really love this game and the community,
this community has friendly and intelligent people here
and if Spaceengineer came so far with SE it's also because of this community smile .
also i'm 19 years old.

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 06:51 | Message # 171
Star Engineer
Italy
I'm too lazy to check if I did it or not, but I'm 99% sure that, if I did it, it was written in a terrible English, so here we go again.

Yeah, I subscribed on this forum on August 2012, right after, four years ago, I discovered SE with a Scott Manley's video (and I wasn't following Scott yet, so that was the first video I saw of him), but that same day I unfortunately had to go to holidays with my parents.

I came back to house, eager to use SE again but, guess what, my PC broke and I couldn't use SE. Awesome. For that reason I kind of ignored the community and I wasn't really interested in being subscribed to the forum.

When I finally fixed it, I went to the site and I've noticed that 0.9.6 was released, and there started my adventure on this forum! The reasons why I subscribed it's because I wanted to help the developer to improve the game, and I wanted to learn some astronomy.
I guess I can fairly tell that my expectations were met.

Quote JackDole ()
yesterday would have been my one-year jubilee

In just one year you made 1500 posts...?
I though you was subscribed by a much longer time! wacko

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 06:51

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 08:40 | Message # 172
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote Salvo ()
In just one year you made 1500 posts...

It could be much more if my english would be better. biggrin

Destructor1701Date: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 12:13 | Message # 173
Pioneer
Ireland
Quote anonymousgamer ()
Whoa. I just checked, and we registered within half an hour of each other.

Holy crumpets!

Quote Hornblower ()
Also, I fly an airplane!

Awesome photos, dude! (and I wager that you got the name because of a mild road-rage problem you have!)

Quote Salvo ()
I discovered SE with a Scott Manley's video

I can't remember how I discovered SE. It was either me failing to find an update to Celestia and searching for alternatives, or a KurtJMac video (unlikely), or just stumbling upon a Youtube video of terrain generation... possibly while searching for updates on "Infinity: The Quest for Earth"...

khaos526Date: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 16:08 | Message # 174
Observer
United States
How does one move from Observer in the Newbie group to be able to be a member and post in such forums as trouble shooting? I've been signed up for a month now and still only an observer. So I can't properly ask about my issue I'm having with planets. Thanks...

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 16:49 | Message # 175
Star Engineer
Germany
khaos526,
this is not based on how long you're here, but how many posts you have made.

The purpose is to prevent that too many unnecessary threads are created. (Read the Forum rules)

Not for every problem a new thread should be created.
First you should check if there is already a thread on this topic. (Search function)

For example, you can post here the problems that you have with SE 0.980:
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

If you want to create your own planet, here is a tutorial: MOD - Creating a Planet 0.972

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 17:33 | Message # 176
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote Destructor1701 ()
Holy crumpets!

My favorite gif of all time.

HornblowerDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 19:43 | Message # 177
World Builder
United States
Quote Destructor1701 ()
I wager that you got the name because of a mild road-rage problem you have!

Not even close

khaos526Date: Wednesday, 31.08.2016, 16:01 | Message # 178
Observer
United States
JackDole: Yep already reviewed all the trouble shootings and nothing on my question. I was just thinking posting the strange issue I have with blinking planets before a crash would be better tailored in the troubleshooting forum and not under New Members as this is just for introductions. I just don't seem to have access to post in another forum here yet as the create a new post isn't showing up...

Organised_ChaosDate: Wednesday, 07.09.2016, 14:10 | Message # 179
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new here and not allowed to make posts yet so I'll ask here.

Just curious as to what running in Hardware full screen mode in the Main User config does?
It seems to be the only way I can run SE in a higher resolution but i just wanted to know what it means and that it's safe to run on that setting?

MobiyusDate: Friday, 09.09.2016, 20:42 | Message # 180
Observer
Group: Newbies
Canada
Hello there fellow space lovers! Been lurking for the past couple of days and figured I should make a forum account. I discovered Space Engine by Youtuber Scott Manley who does space games videos (KSP mainly). He made a video a while back about version 7.something and I tried the game at that moment but it was plagued by visual bugs and frequent crashes. Stopped playing and didn't really thought much more of it. Now Scott recently made an update video regarding version 0.980 and figured I should give it another try. Visual bugs are now gone! Crashes are still somewhat frequent though but I can live with that.

Thank you SpaceEngineer for making this awesome piece of software! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

More about me: Long-time gamer and fan of everything science, but especially SPAAAACE! When a game combine these features, you got me hooked for sure, especially orbital mechanics! Unfortunately, I'm lacking college education so these maths are quite hard for me, but I keep trying and still love it anyway. I do play Orbiter and KSP. They are a both great games, I love them and they are a great preparation for Space Engine! I can take-off and reach orbit, change its shape as i wish and rendez-vous with a target successfully, but I never could reach anything outside of the Sphere of Influence i took off from (without cheating).

Now one thing I specifically want to do on this forum is to document my future journey in a ship through the universe in a light RP style. I'm not usually into Role-Playing but this seems appropriate. I'm still undecided as to what will be my goal during that journey however, but i will find (maybe reach the edge of the universe, find specific stellar/planetary conditions or find earth manually?). Look it up soon in the Space Journey sub-forum!

Been reading around however that I need to make 10 replies before creating a thread? dry (FYI, that particular piece of information is not mentioned in forum rules at all)

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Search: