ENG New site

Advanced search
[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Work progress 0.9.7.1
QuietlyConidentDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 20:51 | Message # 226
Astronaut
Group: Users
United Kingdom
Messages: 54
Status: Offline
HarbingerDawn , neutronium76; yes thanks. I realise it's been discussed many times before, and I know its in the next patch. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it now, manually. (last release, I know changing the star bifurication (sp) altered the generation alogrithim, so I was curious if there was something we could do like that to fix it). Read my post clearly.

The game is pretty unplayable from a few perspectives if you're focusing on finding planets with life, because every single one is going to be a binary+ system. (and when, in reality it seems likely that binary+ systems would make the chances of life smaller due to climatic aberrations from the complex orbits, etc). The previous version of SpaceEngine was a lot more helpful since life could appear anywhere. Let's say I want to grab the details for a single star system that would have good conditions for life; I couldn't do that in this release. And that is fairly irritating, and does make it a bit of a game-breaking bug from my opinion.
 
HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 20:56 | Message # 227
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
Quote (QuietlyConident)
I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it now, manually.

No.

Quote (QuietlyConident)
And that is fairly irritating, and does make it a bit of a game-breaking bug from my opinion.

It's hard to break a game that has no objectives other than those you invent by yourself. If that's the only thing you use SE for then I can see why it would be "game breaking", but that's just because of the way you choose to use the program. Most users of SE find it to be only a minor annoyance and are content with the fact that it's just a bug and will be fixed.





All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
 
QuietlyConidentDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 21:07 | Message # 228
Astronaut
Group: Users
United Kingdom
Messages: 54
Status: Offline
I don't know about that HarbingerDawn, it takes a lot of the fun for finding life out of the game. "Ohh, this looks like an interesting solar system for lif-! Oh. No. Nevermind, it's only got one star."

Quote (HarbingerDawn)
No.


Maybe let SpaceEngineer answer that.
 
HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 21:42 | Message # 229
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
Quote (QuietlyConident)
Maybe let SpaceEngineer answer that.

I don't know nearly as much about SE as he does, obviously, but I assure you that I am qualified to answer that particular question. There is nothing that the end user can tweak to eliminate that bug.

Quote (QuietlyConident)
I don't know about that HarbingerDawn, it takes a lot of the fun for finding life out of the game.

I know, and like I said, it's a "game breaking" bug if that's the only thing you do in SE. But most people use SE for other things and aren't as bothered by that, and thus would disagree about it being "game breaking". It's just a matter of perspective and personal opinion, as most experiences with SE are.





All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
 
SalvoDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 21:46 | Message # 230
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Messages: 1400
Status: Offline
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
No.


To fix that you should change SE source code, but only SpaceEngineer have it, then i think he have only the latest version of it, there is no way to edit "just that" without editing the entire program, so unfortunately you have to wait the relase of 0.9.7.1 patch, or if you want you can play the older versions biggrin





The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)
 
SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 06.09.2013, 11:15 | Message # 231
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Messages: 4800
Status: Offline
Quote (QuietlyConident)
Maybe let SpaceEngineer answer that.

No.





 
SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 12.09.2013, 18:21 | Message # 232
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Messages: 4800
Status: Offline
Yesss! I fixed the music player!




 
HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 12.09.2013, 18:36 | Message # 233
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Messages: 8717
Status: Offline
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
Yesss! I fixed the music player!

Great! smile





All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM
 
spacerDate: Thursday, 12.09.2013, 19:33 | Message # 234
Star Engineer
Group: Users
Israel
Messages: 1258
Status: Offline
soo
we can listen to music whem we play spaceengine?
cool





"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer
 
neutronium76Date: Thursday, 12.09.2013, 20:01 | Message # 235
World Builder
Group: Users
Greece
Messages: 718
Status: Offline
Quote (spacer)
we can listen to music whem we play spaceengine?


Yes spacer. You can play space engine and listen to music with any mediaplayer of your choice... It is called multitasking

SpaceEngineer has fixed the internal media player (F12) so you will not need to use an external one in the next release smile





PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2
 
SalvoDate: Thursday, 12.09.2013, 20:58 | Message # 236
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Messages: 1400
Status: Offline
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
Yesss! I fixed the music player!







The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)
 
SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 12.09.2013, 23:50 | Message # 237
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Messages: 4800
Status: Offline
Quote (neutronium76)
so you will not need to use an external one in the next release

You will listen SpaceEngine soundtracks with a context switching between them (menu, flying between stars, entering atmosphere, etc).





 
Joey_PenguinDate: Friday, 13.09.2013, 01:40 | Message # 238
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 311
Status: Offline
Will the planetside music vary depending on what kind of planet you're on?




Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Edited by Joey_Penguin - Friday, 13.09.2013, 01:41
 
KimbDate: Friday, 13.09.2013, 06:05 | Message # 239
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Messages: 66
Status: Offline
Now with the player operazional, now needed are good ideas for Russian classicals to play while cruizing deep space (hey the program is Russian-made so it is fitting that the music should likewize be Russian! Imagine the cosmonauts doing so on their missions...)

Edited by Kimb - Friday, 13.09.2013, 06:07
 
SalvoDate: Friday, 13.09.2013, 14:17 | Message # 240
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Messages: 1400
Status: Offline
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
context switching between them


There is a sort of fade or the switch is sudden? smile





The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)
 
Search: