ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » What would you do if you ruled the world?
What would you do if you ruled the world?
steeljaw354Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 16:03 | Message # 1
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
1. Abolish DST
2. Switch all countries to use 24 hour time
3. Have a vote for every single country to decide what government they want
4. Expand space exploration by 50% and have each country spend 1% of their GDP on it
5. Destroy ISIS
6. Smoking and drugs are banned
7. E-Ciggerates are banned
8. Educate the world about how alcohol is bad
9. No wars
10. Abolish the 8 planet model and have Dwarf planets be full planets, so there is 13. My Very Educated Mother Cannot Just Serve Us Nine Pizzas—Hundreds May Eat!
11. Education would be free for all and whatever field you wanted to go into
12. Alcohol and tobacco would be done away with.Drug users would learn skills to give themselves self worth the first time by being sent away to camps for a year.
13. Sex ads banned
14. Illegal to advertise misleading products
15. Schools would teach self defense, how to swim, how to live off the land, how to drive, and first aid as part of the curriculum.
16. Corrupt leaders hanged in front of the world
17. Reform the Soviet Union under democracy
18. Change Australia's and New Zealand's flag to something without the union jack on it, and have a flag referendum held for the choices of flag.
19. Gay marriage outlawed but allow civil unions
20. Students have a class called "Economics" in which they learn about how to handle bills, money, taxes, etc.
23. Have gas and oil gradually go extinct in favor of alternative energies
24. Have mars terraformed
25. Moon bases built to house hundreds of humans
26. Animal abuse is punishable by hanging and torture in cases of trophy hunting
27. It is illegal to shoot and kill animals outside of an established hunting season, self defense not punishable
28. Hunting seasons established, one week per season
29. Illegal to farm animals for slaughter and consumption
30. World vegetarianism installed
31. Europe isn't a continent, instead people are taught the 6 continent model with Eurasia instead
32. Release government secrets I deem appropriate for the people and public
33. Police required to wear cameras
34. Police brutality punishable by labor depending on the amount of brutality
35. Illegal to keep animals in zoos for entertainment and viewing purposes, only for sick,injured, rehabilitation
36. Animal circuses, Seaworld, and other things like that are abolished and members of them get sent to jail for 5 years
37. Whaling and killing sea life illegal and punishable by hanging if guilty
38. Equality upheld with utmost importance
39. Ethnocentrism illegal
40. 13 month system installed (See my other thread on it)
41. UN flag is the official flag of the world
42. Prisoners have the choice of punishment. Death,Jail,Labor, Community service while being monitored, are the choices.
42. Build "The sun gun" as a way to scare off any rebellion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_gun
43. Have a palace built for me, I choose what rooms and stuff I want in it, Private jet and train, every window bulletproof and everything made fireproof. I basically do as I want.
44. The UN is renamed to "United Imperial Earth" and established as a super nation with countries as subdivisions.
45. You are born a citizen of your country
46. 10% of the world's GDP goes to curing illnesses
47. Everything is spelled the way it sounds to me.

People are allowed to eat meat if they are using to survive.

Edited by steeljaw354 - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 16:26

WindWpnDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 18:00 | Message # 2
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Abolish plastic and/or come up with a biodegradable alternative.

Specs: Win7, i7950, 10GB ram, GTX970 (368.22), 500GB SSD

HornblowerDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 19:08 | Message # 3
World Builder
United States
If I ruled the world, my #1 priority would be to leave the world and colonize space.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 19:16 | Message # 4
Pioneer
United States
I would do some very.... NSFW shenanigans. wink

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

simonecinque1992Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 20:41 | Message # 5
Pioneer
Italy
1. No wars
2. Destroy ISIS
3. Terraform Venus and Mars
4. Colonizing Moon,Mars and Venus
5. Abolish animal abuse
6. Abolish sex or other nasty ads
7. Let people cruise over the Solar System to see the beauty of planets with naked eyes
8. Abolish drugs, alcohol and other things that hurt
9. If they exist... being friends with extraterrestrials
10. When the sun becomes a red giant I will move the inner planets' orbits in the habitable zone
11. And many other good things smile

My Mods and Addons

Packard Bell
Windows 10 Pro
Intel® Celeron® CPU 1000M @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
4 GB
64 bit Operative System

Edited by simonecinque1992 - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 20:47

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 21:13 | Message # 6
World Builder
Antarctica
1. Compulsory asparagus for breakfast for everyone.
2. Destroy Belgium.
3. Documentaries showing trees wafting pollen all over the place need to have a parental warning on them.
4. Straight marriage outlawed but allow civil unions.
5. Have the Sun terraformed. (At night, obviously)
6. Reinstate death by scaphism for users of drugs, alcohol, excessive deodorant, or Yahoo! Mail.
7. Schools teach the importance of brushing your teeth, how to assemble IKEA furniture, hollow Earth theory, and the dangers of AI.
9. Change the German flag to have a smiley face on it.
10. Human rights upheld with the highest importance, except when it contradicts my other rules, in which case it's punishable by being hanged, drawn, and quartered.
11. Reform the Austro-Hungarian Empire but under democracy.
12. Gardens are illegal, except to grow asparagus.
13. Move Antarctica to the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
14. Tell the astronauts on the ISS to let down a rope to Earth, then use the rope for a space elevator.
15. Reinstall 18th century wig fashion.
16. Have wrestling banned. Wrestling fans would be taught important skills like self-worth by being put in a vacation camp on relocated Antarctica.
17. Make it a law that there have been six World Wars, not 2: 30 years war, war of the Spanish succession, 7 years war, Napoleonic Wars, great war, Hitler's war. Calling the last two (WW5 and WW6) WW1 and WW2 gets you drafted into my space army for WW7.
18. Turn every object in Denmark upside down.
19. Have Google Streetview captured by drones that are allowed to get into everyone's house as well to have full coverage.
20. Everyone needs to go to bed at 22:30 GMT and wake up at 10:00 GMT. First offence gets your name printed in the local newspaper under a special 'shame' section. Second offence gets you flogged and drowned.
21. 25% of the world budget goes to remaking Santa Claus Conquers the Martians again and again.
23. Have the tree in front of my house cut down.
24. Have all the dwarf planets collide into a single planet and name it Pluto so Pluto can be a planet again.
25. People who cut trees into Bonsai trees get boiled alive.
26. Let everyone elect their own leaders, then ignore the elections and shoot the people elected into space because the whole point of this is that I rule the world.
25. All sockets now run on direct current.
26. Catch all terrorrists and give them a fine for their evil deeds.
27. Print Rhodium coinage with my face on it to replace all currencies.
28. No ads featuring middle fingers. If the middle fingers are blurred out, it's allowed, but only after 20:00.
29. Replace all roads with solar panels.
30. Ban cars to avoid damaging the solar panel roads. Anyone found to drive a car anyway is put to lifelong forced labour in the solar roadways repair crews.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

Edited by apenpaap - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 21:39

WatsisnameDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 21:51 | Message # 7
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
apenpaap glorious leader! In apenpaap we trust!

steeljaw354Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 21:57 | Message # 8
World Builder
Pirate
His ideas are illogical, and make no sense. Well if I was leader the people would at least have rights. If a country rebels I will activate the 100 meter wide "sun gun" and just burn key points and have military swiftly invade and jail the rebellers. While the sun gun is not in use, the mirror side would always face away from earth. The moon would be colonized and craters would be terraformed and so would mars and venus be undergoing the process as well.

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:06 | Message # 9
World Builder
Antarctica
Well, the Sun is a lot bigger than the Moon, so it's better to terraform the Sun and weaponise the Moon against rebels. It's a lot more efficient land use. I'd launch Moon rocks at any country that rebelled, dealing with the problem through controlled impacts against key points. Then I'd send in the military to show the population my benevolence, how much I respect human rights*, and the newest remakes of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

*See point 10 in my original post.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

Edited by apenpaap - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:18

spacerDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:20 | Message # 10
Star Engineer
Israel
apenpaap 2016! vote!

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

steeljaw354Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:24 | Message # 11
World Builder
Pirate
Well if you terraform the sun it won't emit light and you have to somehow blow off all the hydrogen, and you will have a planet left thats about earth size and all the other stuff will just fly away from it. You seem to be copying my words a little bit.

Please explain your ideas by putting actual reality to it, if you are the ruler of the earth, you seem to think that you have complete control over everything, to terraform the sun will be absolutely impossible by today's technology.

Edited by steeljaw354 - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:28

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:30 | Message # 12
World Builder
Antarctica
Actually, the Sun is over a hundred times bigger than Earth. And we won't need its light because the solar panel roads are going to produce so much energy we can just turn on a lamp for anything we'd use the Sun for and still have plenty energy left.

Edited by apenpaap - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:35

spacerDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:34 | Message # 13
Star Engineer
Israel
apenpaap, LOL

-carl sagan

steeljaw354Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:35 | Message # 14
World Builder
Pirate
Natural disaster and extinction, is that what you want? Solar panels will be useless without the sun. How would you turn jupiter into a star? Why don't you just have jupiter terraformed instead of the sun?

Edited by steeljaw354 - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:36

spacerDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 22:36 | Message # 15
Star Engineer
Israel
steeljaw354, we can use light balls on the solar panels so it will produce energy and then it will light up the light balls again

-carl sagan

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » What would you do if you ruled the world?
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search: