ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Development Status » Skybox and procedural planetary texture exporting
Skybox and procedural planetary texture exporting
Tca_11aDate: Thursday, 21.05.2015, 23:12 | Message # 91
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Portugal
You can change the color profile of the image that helps whenever you want a different exposure of the image instead of editing the already existing color profile which leads to the creation of artifacts.

eatthepathDate: Friday, 22.05.2015, 19:38 | Message # 92
Observer
Pirate
I'm afraid I don't know how or where to even start to try to do that, care to provide some pointers?

Tca_11aDate: Tuesday, 26.05.2015, 12:21 | Message # 93
Space Tourist
Portugal
eatthepath, Ill PM you with the information you need having to say it here it would be probably difficult for you to understand.

eatthepathDate: Wednesday, 27.05.2015, 18:48 | Message # 94
Observer
Pirate
I'm in touch with Tca_11a, but to provide general context for the issue I did some more testing and took some screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/77WBm#0

The summary of my testing is that the exports do not respect exposure adjustments via the control panel, but do respect magnitude limits set in the same control, and do respect the adjustments made by autoexposure if it is enabled. They also do not preserve bloom or lens flares, which seems like it'd be good to have as an option. Some export targets would want them and others not, I would think.

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 27.05.2015, 20:01 | Message # 95
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote eatthepath ()
The summary of my testing is that the exports do not respect exposure adjustments via the control panel, but do respect magnitude limits set in the same control, and do respect the adjustments made by autoexposure if it is enabled. They also do not preserve bloom or lens flares, which seems like it'd be good to have as an option. Some export targets would want them and others not, I would think.

Post-processing like tone mapping (exposure), bloom and FXAA antialiasing is not applied to exported textures. Because it is hard to make them correctly across cube faces. Lens flares are also don't render in skybox by similar reason.

eatthepathDate: Wednesday, 27.05.2015, 20:32 | Message # 96
Observer
Pirate
Thank you for the insight, SpaceEngineer. It seems like some of the tone mapping is done, since the auto-exposure settings are respected, but the other exposure settings are not? My only other comment is that if it were possible to have any effects that aren't exported auotmaticly disable while the export interface is active, that'd lessen some of the surprise.

Is there any plan to revisit this feature in the near future, or is it pretty stable at present?

Also, I want to be clear that I'm getting a lot of use out of skybox exports anyway, even if I can find things to pick.

Tca_11aDate: Thursday, 13.08.2015, 02:29 | Message # 97
Space Tourist
Portugal
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Post-processing like tone mapping (exposure), bloom and FXAA antialiasing is not applied to exported textures. Because it is hard to make them correctly across cube faces. Lens flares are also don't render in skybox by similar reason.
Well will it ever be possible to increase the resolution of exporting the skyboxes and the textures of the planets? Also putting the post processing in the skyboxes with the ability to enable lens flare or not?

The_White_GuardianDate: Saturday, 15.08.2015, 14:15 | Message # 98
Observer
Group: Newbies
Netherlands
I'm not sure if this has been asked already, so if this has been asked already, sorry for the spam.

How does SpaceEngine export the skybox textures? I mean, are some of them rotated, like:

Negative X = -90 degrees
Positive Y = +180 degrees

or something like that?

Tca_11aDate: Sunday, 27.09.2015, 11:46 | Message # 99
Space Tourist
Portugal
Yes i noticed that the skyboxes are rotated and the rotation varies.
So i think there's a bug when SE exports the skybox textures as some positions are rotated in random way. For example in two of my skyboxes i had to rotate one of them -90 and not rotate on of them at all in the negative Y axis for them to be corresponding to the sides.

Edited by Tca_11a - Sunday, 27.09.2015, 11:55

eatthepathDate: Monday, 05.10.2015, 06:14 | Message # 100
Observer
Pirate
The_White_Guardian, Tca_11a, I'm curious if you are running the latest beta version? I noticed the same problems after upgrading to it, and when I installed a copy of an older version I've not seen it happen there at all.

The_White_GuardianDate: Saturday, 24.10.2015, 10:13 | Message # 101
Observer
Netherlands
Quote eatthepath ()
The_White_Guardian, Tca_11a, I'm curious if you are running the latest beta version? I noticed the same problems after upgrading to it, and when I installed a copy of an older version I've not seen it happen there at all.

I'm using Space Engine version 0.9.7.1.

Tca_11aDate: Saturday, 24.10.2015, 17:38 | Message # 102
Space Tourist
Portugal
Im using 0.9.7.2

stxtchDate: Thursday, 07.01.2016, 00:40 | Message # 103
Observer
Canada
Quote Tca_11a ()

Is this why the cubemap I try to generate from this scene looks completely different?

Is there any way I can get a cubemap that looks more like the first image?

Edited by stxtch - Thursday, 07.01.2016, 00:42

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 07.01.2016, 01:41 | Message # 104
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote stxtch ()
Is there any way I can get a cubemap that looks more like the first image?

No

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

AlekDate: Thursday, 07.01.2016, 01:53 | Message # 105
Pioneer
United States
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
No

(not being rude btw) Well that was sure a very detailed and thorough answer :-/

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Development Status » Skybox and procedural planetary texture exporting
Search: