ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas
iTzDate: Friday, 12.12.2014, 16:13 | Message # 46
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Yeah, but I can't seem to figure out how to get that same effect. I just want to know if anyone who's good at this kind of thing can improve on my texture. Hopefully this is the right thread to be asking that.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 30.12.2014, 07:17 | Message # 47
Pioneer
United States
The new clouds for terra planets in 0.972; would it be possible if someone might be able to make them into a mod that can be used in older versions of SE?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

tgtg8686Date: Wednesday, 31.12.2014, 21:43 | Message # 48
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Hey guys does someone know, when adding the official mods do you put the pak files in (using venus as an example) SpaceEngine/textures/planets/Venus or SpaceEngine/textures/Venus? It has both of them at different parts of the page. thanks

Edited by tgtg8686 - Wednesday, 31.12.2014, 21:43

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 31.12.2014, 23:59 | Message # 49
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
textures/planets/Venus

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

tgtg8686Date: Thursday, 01.01.2015, 13:21 | Message # 50
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
thanks!

FireintheholeDate: Thursday, 01.01.2015, 16:38 | Message # 51
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
If you visit Björn Jónsson's website about space and planet renering, you can see that he has got some really nice models for many of the Solar system moons.

http://www.mmedia.is/~bjj/anim/index.html

If you compare the Amalthea model in SpaceEngine with this one shown, it almost seems like this Amalthea is made out of procedural rendering. Also Mimas seem to be extremely detalied. Are there hieght maps with this good detail or is it just fictional? He's refering to another website which is claimed to have good height data.

http://publish.uwo.ca/~pjstooke/plancart.htm

Love SpaceEngine!

Edited by Fireinthehole - Thursday, 01.01.2015, 16:39

Atheist101Date: Monday, 16.03.2015, 14:57 | Message # 52
Astronaut
United States
I was looking around and didnt see this, is there any mods for more realistic and cataloged nebula? I recently bought an app for my android called star walk 2. Had the original and its an amazing app for any astronomy lover. You can go outside in the night sky and move the phone around, it will move with the sky and show you where the planets, stars, nebula, galaxies, comets, and even meteor showers are. I was looking in the cataloged nebula and searching space engine for them. I realized there are quite a few missing, or some that are there look nothing like the actual nebula.

I understand that is difficult to mod nebula, and that there's a good chance that a lot of them cant be rendered how they actually look. So im just wondering if there are any mods for some of the nebula on here. I would really love to see the pillars of creation in the Eagle nebula. The Eagle nebula is in the game already but the pillars aren't there. Also there's the Red Rectangle in the game but its not a nebula, it's an open cluster. The nebula is beautiful and i would love to see it. The spider nebula, the californa, the butterfly and twin jets, the cat's eye, and many others. Also would love to see the helix rendered like the real thing, it looks nothing like it and actually looks like a few others.

BambusmanDate: Monday, 16.03.2015, 15:08 | Message # 53
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
Atheist101, i made some nebulas for SpaceEngine:Bambusman`s Nebula Mod

and Voekoevaka also created new galaxies and nebulas: Voekoevaka's galaxies and nebulas on demand

Atheist101Date: Monday, 16.03.2015, 15:59 | Message # 54
Astronaut
United States
Quote Bambusman ()
Atheist101, i made some nebulas for SpaceEngine:Bambusman`s Nebula Mod

and Voekoevaka also created new galaxies and nebulas: Voekoevaka's galaxies and nebulas on demand

Are they compatible with 0.9.7.2? Also thanks for showing me, I'm going through them right now. I downloaded a nebula but ran into a problem. It says to create a new folder in catalogs/nebula, but in my game folder in the catalogs folder there is no other folders. There is only on file named catalogsSE.pak. What am i supposed to do? Also for the galaxies it tells me to replace files in the catalog/galaxies folder, which there is none. There's only one file in my catalog folder, and no folders what so ever. Can someone please tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong?

Edited by Atheist101 - Monday, 16.03.2015, 16:41

BambusmanDate: Monday, 16.03.2015, 16:51 | Message # 55
Pioneer
Germany
Atheist101, you can open catalagosSE.pak with winrar.

Atheist101Date: Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 03:20 | Message # 56
Astronaut
United States
Oh ok, so i open the catalogsSE.pak with winrar and add them to it. That makes since. I am computer literate, went to classes for IT. Sometimes though the simple things get me. Thanks again man. I got the bambusman 2.0 and the nebula in that are so beautiful. I can thank you enough for linking that, my mom and i love them. Also thanks for creating them, you did an amazing job!!

Added (18.03.2015, 02:20)
---------------------------------------------
So thanks Bambusman i was able to figure out the galaxies and everything. But i have run into one problem, it seems that the nebula i have to add manually dont seem to render properly. Unless they are, but to me they dont look anything like the screen shots. These two I'm putting screens of are from the Voekoevaka's galaxies and nebulas on demand thread. Its the Trifid and Pillars in the Eagle nebula. You can see the screens in the thread with the addons and i am posting my screens. Can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

Or if that's what they are supposed to be. The first time i placed them i put the textures losly in the texture folder with out unziping the file. Then when i read what to do i went back and unzipped the nebula textures and added all the texture files in the right spot. The nebula looked the same both times. Do i need to delete the cache files of these nebula?

Trifid:

The Pillars (inside the Eagle nebula):

Again they could be right, but for two reasons i dont think they are. The first being that i didnt add the texture files to the right place the first time and they still look the same. Second being that to me they dont look like the screen's in the creators thread. When you get closer to the Pillars it looks sort of like the same render as the eagle but shrunk down and placed inside. In the threads screen it looks like cool wisps of smoke with a sort of colored small dot on the taller pillar.

Edited by Atheist101 - Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 03:22

QuontexDate: Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 23:24 | Message # 57
Explorer
Australia
Quote Bambusman ()
Atheist101, you can open catalagosSE.pak with winrar.
Actually you don't need to open the .pak file. Just put the files in the same folder as it and it should work, The file system works on a time created Basis.

VoekoevakaDate: Thursday, 19.03.2015, 09:15 | Message # 58
World Builder
France
I don't see any problem with the trifid nebula. You jus't have to adjust the point of view to match the picture.

About eagle pillars, it looks like the eagle model itself is used instrad of the pillar. Try reinstalling ythe mod with a clearing of the cache folder.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

Atheist101Date: Thursday, 19.03.2015, 21:17 | Message # 59
Astronaut
United States
Quote Voekoevaka ()
I don't see any problem with the trifid nebula. You jus't have to adjust the point of view to match the picture.

About eagle pillars, it looks like the eagle model itself is used instead of the pillar. Try reinstalling the mod with a clearing of the cache folder.

This is what i thought needed to be done. Ill go into the cache and delete the pillars files. For my comp its better for me to delete specific files out of the cache, it needs help to load properly. I mean my comp isn't bad, 3.6ghz quad core, 12gb ram, but the vid card is my problem. Geforce GT 610. I can't go to Irr galaxies because it times out every time. Takes more then 2 seconds for my gpu to respond because there's to much to render in Irr. Its laggy in nebula but i can still get around. With Irr ill just get inside and it will crash every time. Should be upgrading here very soon, looking for something good but not to expensive. Something good for SE.

sinsforealDate: Wednesday, 25.03.2015, 19:58 | Message # 60
Space Pilot
United States
Would it be possible to get a model of the ship ICARUS from the film sunshine imported into the game. Because it would be cool to get up close to stars with the heat shield.

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
Search: