ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas
HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 27.04.2014, 17:39 | Message # 16
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote cyBerr ()
I would like mod to make giant stars look same as regular stars

I don't think it's possible to mod that, or if it is it would require affecting every kind of star.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 03.05.2014, 08:59 | Message # 17
World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
RockoRock's Ship Releases
Not much has been added here

I think you can change that now...

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 03.05.2014, 11:24 | Message # 18
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Alright I updated it. Should've done that sooner but didn't think about it. I need to update this thread anyway as more stuff has been posted.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

LormandonDate: Thursday, 19.06.2014, 22:24 | Message # 19
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
SO...I need some help I'm new to the forum and I've used space engine for a little while, I want to know how to edit atmosphere models or make custom ones and what to edit in tg_common to make clouds look different Not quite sure on how to do it...if someone could help that would be great! I figured this would be a better place to post this rather than the actual mod section...

snowballpudiDate: Friday, 20.06.2014, 07:26 | Message # 20
Space Tourist
United States
Better looking red giants with activity would be nice. Also a dimmer milkyway without affecting a brightness of the other galaxies.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 20.06.2014, 12:42 | Message # 21
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Lormandon ()
I want to know how to edit atmosphere models or make custom ones

In the models/atmosphere folder you need to open up the atmospheres.cfg file and then create a new listing like this

Code

Atmosphere    "EXAMPLE"
{
  RadiusGround    0.0
  Height   0.0
  RayleighH  0.0
  MieH   0.0
  MieG   0.0
  MieFade   0.1
  RayleighBeta    (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
  MieScaBeta  (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
  MieExtBeta  (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
  RayleighScale    0.0
  MieScaScale  0.0
  MieExtScale  0.0
}

As a starting point use one of the default atmospheres as an example. This atmosphere will be generated when you go to any planet, open the editor, and then select your new atmosphere. If you are using a newer GPU then you most likely won't be able to do this. I would recommend talking with Toty, as he has done quite a bit with atmospheres.

Quote Lormandon ()
what to edit in tg_common to make clouds look different Not quite sure on how to do it.

Go to my mod thread, download my files, compare them to the originals. You won't be able to change clouds that much, but the information is near the bottom of the shader file.

Quote snowballpudi ()
Better looking red giants with activity would be nice.

Not something we can do yet and is an eventual planned feature of the engine.

Quote snowballpudi ()
Also a dimmer milkyway without affecting a brightness of the other galaxies.

I did something similar to that in my mod thread. Compare the changes I have done with the default file and you should be able to edit your files locally to whatever settings you want.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

JadestarDate: Thursday, 26.06.2014, 05:27 | Message # 22
Astronaut
United States
Any chance Kepler 186f - the Earth Cousin and Gliese 832c will be added soon?

Also, can someone create this ship that a NASA scientist created based around a space warp concept they're investigating:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/holy-cr....9001939

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Thursday, 26.06.2014, 05:54

RockoRocksDate: Thursday, 26.06.2014, 09:26 | Message # 23
World Builder
Belgium
Quote Jadestar ()
Kepler 186f

I did that one a while ago, with an optimistic, fictional rendition of it, and with a realistic one (no parameters are put in).
The code for the entire Kepler-186 system is in this spoiler (including the star)

Quote Jadestar ()
Gliese 832c

Never heard of that one but I might do it soon.

Anyway, new exoplanets that are being discovered now will be available by default in the next version of SpaceEngine.

Quote Jadestar ()
Also, can someone create this ship that a NASA scientist created based around a space warp concept they're investigating:

SHW made hyperdrive rings like on these ships just yesterday and added them in the ship editor, so you can make your own ships that look like these, but they won't be exactly the same:

(example of such a ship made by SpaceEngineer)

Spacecraft editor

Attachments: 0928372.jpg (235.4 Kb)

Edited by RockoRocks - Thursday, 26.06.2014, 09:28

JadestarDate: Friday, 27.06.2014, 15:18 | Message # 24
Astronaut
United States
Thanks RockoRocks! Is there a place where all your additions can be found? Like a website or anything? You are doing some great stuff!

Also Gliese 832c is new (like just announced this week).

I was wondering about that ship because it is a very cool design, kinda like a combination of yours and the Enterprise from Star Trek.

It would be very cool to have in SE since it was an official design study from a person at a space agency.

Edited by Jadestar - Friday, 27.06.2014, 15:20

RockoRocksDate: Friday, 27.06.2014, 15:21 | Message # 25
World Builder
Belgium
Quote Jadestar ()
Thanks RockoRocks! Is there a place where all your additions can be found? Like a website or anything? You are doing some great stuff!

No, though it might be good idea. However, I have not really made many (exo)planets, but I have made tons of star wars systems and planets, which i will all release together. But most addons (like exoplanet catalogs) just get posted in the forum here, so a thread might be a better idea.

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 27.06.2014, 19:10 | Message # 26
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Jadestar ()
since it was an official design study from a person at a space agency.

This is not "official design study," just an startrek-like model with a warp drive rings. Obviously real ships will not have a horizontal layout.

JadestarDate: Saturday, 28.06.2014, 15:39 | Message # 27
Astronaut
United States
Thanks.

I have another question. How are the ESI numbers for exoplanets derived? I don't see them in the catalog data so I assume SE calculates them?

Also what are the chances we can get accurate ESI's for the highest ESI exoplanets? I noticed many of these worlds are absent and of the ones that are in they often have incorrect ESIs.

From the Planetary Habitability Laboratory:

Added (28.06.2014, 14:39)
---------------------------------------------
Quote RockoRocks ()

No, though it might be good idea. However, I have not really made many (exo)planets, but I have made tons of star wars systems and planets, which i will all release together. But most addons (like exoplanet catalogs) just get posted in the forum here, so a thread might be a better idea.

But threads eventually are buried unless they are stickied right?

Wouldn't a user add-on section be preferable, easier to search, etc.

I searched for Kepler 186 f when I first signed up and saw no thread about it and the search system of the forum doesn't seem to look inside the text of every post so if its not in the title i guess it gets missed?

Attachments: 0467013.jpg (315.9 Kb)

Edited by Jadestar - Saturday, 28.06.2014, 15:40

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 28.06.2014, 17:30 | Message # 28
World Builder
Belgium
Quote Jadestar ()
I searched for Kepler 186 f when I first signed up and saw no thread about it and the search system of the forum doesn't seem to look inside the text of every post so if its not in the title i guess it gets missed?

No, it does look in the text of every post, I just searched Kepler-186f on the forum and found this exact thread:
link

JadestarDate: Saturday, 28.06.2014, 18:03 | Message # 29
Astronaut
United States
Quote RockoRocks ()
No, it does look in the text of every post, I just searched Kepler-186f on the forum and found this exact thread:
link

Ok.

I just thought that for someone just getting into SE something like Celestia's "Celestial Motherlode" site would be preferable to searching through threads. If the aim is to make SE more popular at some point don't you think there should be some sort of repository?

Also, any ideas on the ESI values? Are they stored somewhere or are they calculated?

Edited by Jadestar - Saturday, 28.06.2014, 18:05

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 28.06.2014, 19:37 | Message # 30
World Builder
Belgium
Quote Jadestar ()
I just thought that for someone just getting into SE something like Celestia's "Celestial Motherlode" site would be preferable to searching through threads. If the aim is to make SE more popular at some point don't you think there should be some sort of repository?

Yeah, and I suggested this before. The best reason to not make such a site though is because it will require additional resources/time, but I still find it a good idea:

Original post in general suggestion thread

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
Search: