ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 07:54 | Message # 1
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Current Version: 0.9.8.0

Rather than having random threads being made continually requesting mods I have decided to make a sticky for requests.

The point of this thread is for you to post what mods you would like to see done for the current version of SpaceEngine, alternatively you could post it in one of the respective current release threads. You can either wait for someone who knows how to do that kind of mod to do it, or figure out how to do it yourself.

Remember that just because you request something does not mean it will be done. This is simply an ideas/suggestion thread to keep the forums a bit less cluttered.

It is still recommended you search before posting.

Anymore request/idea/suggestion threads will be merged with this thread without warning.

If you want your thread listed here please PM me.

This list will change as new threads are made and new versions of the program are released.

Here are a few mod threads for 0.9.7.2, not all current threads have been listed.

0.9.7.1 threads have been spoiler tagged, ship mods from 0.9.7.1 will still work in 0.9.7.2.

HarbingerDawn's Modding Bazaar
Thread has shader mods, ships, and textures. You are more than welcome to make requests within this thread.

DoctorOfSpace's Mod Emporium v2
My own thread for some minor graphical tweaks, planet addons, shaders, and ships. You are more than welcome to make requests for ships in this thread.

Planet Palettes
Not quite a mod thread but it is active with a ton of planet palettes. This thread is not really a place for requests of any kind unless they relate to a color palette you would like to see.

Ship Editor
SHW has made an editor that allows you to make your own ships and export them for use in SE.

Ships you have created for SE
If you make a ship in this editor or make your own in another program you should post it in this thread
Please note that this thread is NOT for ships you have ported, you must have made the ship from scratch or with the editor.

Palettes Editor
A fantastic tool by SolarLiner that simplifies the palette making process.

Official Addons
Textures for planets inside the Sol system

Please note that this thread will be updated on a per version basis. This means that when 0.9.7.2 or 0.9.8 or any future version is released all previous mod listings that are no longer supported will be removed.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

rdskns4evaDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 07:54 | Message # 2
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Did a search, did not see anything.

Could someone make a mod of the International Space Station and of Space Lab?

Core 17 3770k (3.5 GHz) - GTX 680 4GB (SLI), 256 GB SSD - 2 TB HDD - 16GB Corsair RAM

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 07:54 | Message # 3
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
I think it's already planned by HarbingerDawn or DoctorOfSpace.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 08:06 | Message # 4
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote rdskns4eva ()
Did a search

I find that hard to believe. I just searched the forums and got a result for an ISS request thread.
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-1885-1

By the way from now on requests can go here in the general request thread. I have seen requests and idea threads pop up quite a bit over the past couple months and it is a bit of an annoyance. I would prefer to keep this section a bit more organized from now on.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ContineoDate: Wednesday, 26.02.2014, 21:20 | Message # 5
Space Tourist
United States
I suggest an addon that encompasses Ridely Scott's "Alien" universe.

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 01.03.2014, 10:56 | Message # 6
World Builder
Belgium
Quote Contineo ()
I suggest an addon that encompasses Ridely Scott's "Alien" universe.

I think DoctorOfSpace already did 3 spacecraft from that, but they were from 0.97 and you can no longer download them. I still have them on my computer, but I have no idea how you convert old SM meshes to new ones, so I'm not much with them.

Also, if anyone knows the original source of these models, please post it because I can't find it and I'd like to convert them to 0.97.1.

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

ContineoDate: Saturday, 01.03.2014, 19:09 | Message # 7
Space Tourist
United States
I have the planetary system addon of Zeta2 Reticuli of the Alien Universe if anyone is interested.

kairunotabiDate: Sunday, 02.03.2014, 06:27 | Message # 8
Astronaut
Philippines
Community mod project proposal, let's simply add those newly discovered celestial objects.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 02.03.2014, 06:33 | Message # 9
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote RockoRocks ()
but I have no idea how you convert old SM meshes to new ones

No need to convert anything, 97 SM files work just fine in 971. just take the CFG information and turn it into the sml information and then for the CFG remove the material information but leave the material names. It is very easy to port stuff over.

Quote RockoRocks ()
I think DoctorOfSpace already did 3 spacecraft from that

Harb. also helped with them, however I haven't posted them for 971 as Harb. will be doing them this time around eventually.

Quote RockoRocks ()
if anyone knows the original source of these models

Celestia Motherlode

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

RockoRocksDate: Sunday, 02.03.2014, 09:43 | Message # 10
World Builder
Belgium
Just asking you DoctorOfSpace, but why did you remove all of your 0.97 spaceships from your thread? Can I still find them anywere? If converting them is that easy I would like to help doing so.

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

Edited by RockoRocks - Sunday, 02.03.2014, 09:45

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 02.03.2014, 10:30 | Message # 11
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote RockoRocks ()
why did you remove all of your 0.97 spaceships from your thread?

Some of the links were removed and I decided from now on I will not support previous versions of the software.

Quote RockoRocks ()
Can I still find them anywere?

On my hard drive in my 97 release folder. Other than that you could ask other users but I won't be uploading old mods.

Quote RockoRocks ()
If converting them is that easy I would like to help doing so.

It is easy but it is also time consuming and an annoyance. Also most of the mods had things that were left out like specular maps and lights. Most of the previous mods I have converted and updated for 971, there are only a few I haven't bothered with.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

laiodDate: Monday, 31.03.2014, 00:06 | Message # 12
Space Pilot
United States
Something cool would be lights on the dark side of Earth.

ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GB, Crucial Ballistix 8GB x2, AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz, 1TB 7200rpm drive

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 31.03.2014, 03:13 | Message # 13
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote laiod ()
Something cool would be lights on the dark side of Earth.

This is not something that can be made as a mod, since the engine doesn't support such things yet.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

laiodDate: Monday, 31.03.2014, 05:57 | Message # 14
Space Pilot
United States
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
This is not something that can be made as a mod, since the engine doesn't support such things yet.

Ah, I did not know that. Hopefully the engine will eventually be able to support something like this though, it would be awesome.

ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GB, Crucial Ballistix 8GB x2, AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz, 1TB 7200rpm drive

cyBerrDate: Sunday, 27.04.2014, 11:42 | Message # 15
Observer
Australia
I would like mod to make giant stars look same as regular stars, ie round with no huge bulges.

I know that theory and physics point to giant stars having the huge bulges
but I don't really care for the look. The stars do not look active/alive, rather
they look frozen /paused.

Acer Aspire V3 laptop
Intel 17 2.4GHz
4Gb RAM
nVidia GT 640M @Gb VRAM
(Using LOD2 - load time <1min)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
Search: