ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas
azzthom2Date: Sunday, 31.08.2014, 15:01 | Message # 31
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Would it be possible to create models of ships that are damaged to various degrees? I just like the idea of creating a ship graveyard around a star or planet. It might also provide some good screenshot potential.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 31.08.2014, 18:27 | Message # 32
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote azzthom2 ()
Would it be possible to create models of ships that are damaged to various degrees?

If you mean just creating a model then yes it would be possible, you would only have to import it. If you mean SHW editor style ships you would need to export them from the editor as obj and then add the damage to them. If you mean default ships then no, as the source files have not be released.

There is another issue with doing this. If you have dozens of ships spawned then performance will suffer quite a bit.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

azzthom2Date: Sunday, 31.08.2014, 19:47 | Message # 33
Observer
Pirate
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
If you mean just creating a model then yes it would be possible, you would only have to import it. If you mean SHW editor style ships you would need to export them from the editor as obj and then add the damage to them. If you mean default ships then no, as the source files have not be released.

There is another issue with doing this. If you have dozens of ships spawned then performance will suffer quite a bit.

That's pretty much what I suspected. Thanks for answering.

z_zoneDate: Thursday, 04.09.2014, 23:20 | Message # 34
Observer
Group: Users
Pirate
Can I use the editor to create a craft space station. And how can I put it in orbit around a planet?

Core I5 3570K Processor, Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 , GTX 960 2GB

Edited by z_zone - Thursday, 04.09.2014, 23:22

AlienasaDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 21:06 | Message # 35
Space Tourist
Netherlands
Is there like a scinematic screensaver style mod? Like the engine picking random places, making awesome planet flybys, then moving to the next star etcetera. Would be kinda cool to have such a hands free mode.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.2 Ghz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
RAM: 16 Gb Kingston HyperX 2400
Mobo: Asrock Z170 Gaming K4
Storage: 1 x 250 Gb Samsung SSD. 2 x 500 Gb HDD

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 21:57 | Message # 36
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Such a thing is impossible to create for now. In the future it may be possible.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 25.10.2014, 11:51 | Message # 37
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
No, it is possible. You can make a script for autopilot. Look in the scrips folder for example. But it didn't support loops and point-by-point flybys.

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 25.10.2014, 14:38 | Message # 38
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
No, it is possible.

But you can't create a script telling the engine to do random things, only tell it to go to specific places. He was asking about a randomized script.

My SE mods and addons

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 26.10.2014, 13:33 | Message # 39
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
It is not so hard to add a commands like SelectRandomStar, SelectRandomPlanet and so on. But trip still will look like you are using G and C buttons only.

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 26.10.2014, 13:58 | Message # 40
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It is not so hard to add a commands like SelectRandomStar, SelectRandomPlanet and so on. But trip still will look like you are using G and C buttons only.

That would be cool smile

Anyway, when I said it's impossible, I meant in the current version, not that it can't be added.

My SE mods and addons

dmoloney1991Date: Sunday, 09.11.2014, 03:37 | Message # 41
Observer
Pirate
I did a quick search for this mod and I really can't imagine that I'm the first person to ask. I may have even overlooked it slightly.

Has anyone made or are they working on and internal cockpit view for the space shuttles? That would absolutely amazing for the immersion. Especially when oculus support is integrated in the coming update.

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 09.11.2014, 06:18 | Message # 42
Cosmic Curator
United States
You can have this right now with my space shuttle addon, though the cockpit visibility is poor. The biggest problem is that the near clipping plane of the camera is relatively far away, so in order to be able to get the camera comfortably into a cockpit without clipping through geometry too severely, the craft must be scaled up by a factor of at least 20. So a 35-meter shuttle becomes 700 meters long. Not much of a problem if you're flying just that craft by itself in space, but a big problem if you want to fly close to the ground as collision detection becomes a big issue (you will collide with terrain even while hundreds of meters above it). So cockpit views won't be fully workable until the depth buffer system changes.

My SE mods and addons

RockoRocksDate: Sunday, 09.11.2014, 17:33 | Message # 43
World Builder
Belgium
Would it be possible to create Larry Niven's Ringworld at full-scale in SpaceEngine?

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

iTzDate: Thursday, 11.12.2014, 06:48 | Message # 44
Astronaut
United States
Not sure if this is the right thread to be asking in, but does anyone think they can improve on the ring texture I made? I just want it looking a bit more realistic like saturn's rings while still keeping the color.

Also, could you make it have this same kind of effect Saturn has?

Texture file added below.

Attachments: 0012042.png (5.5 Kb)

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 11.12.2014, 08:19 | Message # 45
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
iTz, bottom half of the texture is used for the backlight, like in Saturn.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas (Also has information on current active mod threads)
Search: