ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Voekoevaka's galaxies and nebulas on demand (Ask for it)
Voekoevaka's galaxies and nebulas on demand
Chris7377Date: Monday, 22.09.2014, 06:17 | Message # 271
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Germany
Thanks.. i've managed to Edit the File.

As for the Sombrero Glaxy.... Yes it looks nice, but if you look @ the Pictures of it in the Net, you will see a significant difference. Not only in the Colors but also in the "Corona" ( i mean the Light surrounding it, the Light-cone)
Maybe it is because for me, its the beautiful of all Galaxies (maybe aside of the Milky Way) , i dunno :-)

SpaceHopperDate: Saturday, 01.11.2014, 14:14 | Message # 272
Explorer
United States
Somebody made the galaxy Arp 220 in this mod: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-2265-1

However, Arp 220 is a pair of colliding galaxies that looks like this:

With that in mind, can you make a model for it? You don't have to make a catalog file, since it already exists in the mod listed above.

Attachments: 3223471.jpg (155.9 Kb)

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

angab06Date: Thursday, 11.12.2014, 00:29 | Message # 273
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Issue on Milky Way help please sad

Added (10.12.2014, 23:29)
---------------------------------------------
Issue on Milky Way help please sad

Attachments: 1597081.jpg (89.0 Kb)

Atheist101Date: Monday, 16.03.2015, 17:32 | Message # 274
Astronaut
United States
I have downloaded and added 2 nebula so far. I added Trifid first, and it doesn't look like the pic you have. Then I added the pillars, and they for sure don't look like your pic. They look like a regular nebula inside of the eagle nebula, not the smooth pillars of gas in your pic. I opened the catalog with winrar, went into the nebula milky way, copied the code over, and moved the pic files to the textures folder nebula. For the eagle i copied the code in the download over the original, then added in the two codes for the pillars. For Trifid i replaced the code like you instructed. As far as i can tell i did each step just as you said and they aren't anywhere near as polished as your screens. I also added bambusman 2.0 and that works like a charm. Is this because I have 0.9.7.2? Or did i do something wrong?

TheGreatAttractorDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 02:11 | Message # 275
Space Tourist
United States
Hey, I tried downloading the tarantula nebula one, but all I got was a .rar file, which I can't use or extract. Is there any other way to get it? If not, then how do I use the .rar file?

EDIT: Nevermind, think I got it.

EDIT2: Okay, I got the model and the textures, but now I'm stuck. I can't find the catalogs/nebula folder that you said to move it to, only pak files. What should I do? Do these not work with 0.973?

Edited by TheGreatAttractor - Friday, 24.04.2015, 02:30

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 09:44 | Message # 276
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
These issues are why addon makers should package their archives in zip format and with the folder structure intact dry

Quote TheGreatAttractor ()
I can't find the catalogs/nebula folder

Create it.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Friday, 24.04.2015, 09:48

pzampellaDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 14:07 | Message # 277
Space Pilot
Venezuela
As an addon creator myself, I agree with HarbingerDawn. Specially Voekoevaka who has such nice addons!
Also, I think you should make a package with all the nebulas you have created to download them all at once! smile

TheGreatAttractorDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 17:57 | Message # 278
Space Tourist
United States
Okay, thanks so much Harbinger dawn!

EDIT: okay, I'm confused again. In the directions it says to make a new catalog file in the catalogs/nebula folder. I made a folder called nebulae, like Harbingerdawn said, but I don't know what it means by "create a catalog file." How do I do that? Does it have to be specific type of document, or just a text file with .sc at the end of it's name?

Edited by TheGreatAttractor - Friday, 24.04.2015, 18:04

BambusmanDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 18:07 | Message # 279
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
TheGreatAttractor,
Quote TheGreatAttractor ()
or just a text file with .sc at the end of it's name?

yes and after you created the catalog file dont forget to add it in the universe.cfg

TheGreatAttractorDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 21:14 | Message # 280
Space Tourist
United States
Okay, I made a text file named just what it said put all the code in, did the thing in the universe.cfg, and it didn't appear. What did I do wrong? I put the textures in the textures/nebula folder, next to a pak file, I put the model code in the right place, I put the universe.cfg text in the right place, made a folder in the catalog folder, and made the text document with the right name and put the code in.. I don't know what I did wrong! The only thing I could think of was that I put the textures in the wrong place.. was I suposed to make a new folder for them too?

EDIT: Okay, I finally got it. But it is in a weird place, not where it appears to be in your picture. In the picture, it looks like it is in that orange spot on the top-right side of the galaxy. But for me, it is WAY above the plane of LMC, more towards the milky way, and on the keft side of the galaxy. Is this correct? I can't find any pictures of where it is in real life, so I don't know.

EDIT2: Just found a picture of the entire LMC, and it does appear to be in the wrong place. How do I fix this?

EDIT3: AAAND the sun is gone. I searched for earth, it appeared in the little thing, but it wouldn't let me go to it, and it said it had no parent.

EDIT4: Okay, I fixed the sun. Apperently I just messed up when updating.

Added (24.04.2015, 21:02)
Okay, now that I got the Tarantula nebula working, I tried to get ARP 142, but it looks nothing like a penguin and an egg from any angle. The irregular one that's supposed to look like the penguin isn't using the right texture, and has a flickering elliptical galaxy inside of it.

EDITAGAIN: nevermind, fixed it. Sorry.

Added (24.04.2015, 21:14)
Okay, It's appearing correctly now, but the elliptical galaxy is off by a little bit, it appears above the penguin galaxy.

Edited by TheGreatAttractor - Friday, 24.04.2015, 21:09

VoekoevakaDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 21:15 | Message # 281
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
A lot of nebulae are at a wrong place, as the mods were done during 0.97. And there was a fix about nebula cooridnates sisce 0.97, and so the catalogs should be changed. I should repost the catalogs files when I have the time to.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

TheGreatAttractorDate: Friday, 24.04.2015, 21:26 | Message # 282
Space Tourist
United States
Okay, cool! By the way, on ARP 142, you got the DA wrong. I switched them between the two galaxies and now they look perfect.

TheGreatAttractorDate: Sunday, 02.08.2015, 03:26 | Message # 283
Space Tourist
United States
Hey, voekoevaka, will you ever update these? I really liked them.

brianDate: Saturday, 15.08.2015, 00:25 | Message # 284
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Voekoevaka can you please add a model of this galaxy on to the list here it is NGC 3509

Edited by brian - Monday, 17.08.2015, 00:22

KexittDate: Tuesday, 01.09.2015, 18:23 | Message # 285
Pioneer
Russian Federation
brian, I made it https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6wNv3pa0iy1R1hadHFqekZGLU0

http://kexitt.deviantart.com/

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Voekoevaka's galaxies and nebulas on demand (Ask for it)
Search: