ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Space Engine ship editor (Prototype spacecraft builder/editor for SE)
Space Engine ship editor
MosfetDate: Thursday, 07.07.2016, 16:55 | Message # 196
World Builder
Group: Users
Italy
The only reason that comes in mind right now is that your .sss ship file is read-only.
A possible reason for that is that you're trying to edit a ship which comes in a .pak file. Pak files are zip compressed files that can't be altered by the program in that state. You need to unzip them.

The offline javascript ship editor works with a different format, so you can't load a ship shape from the game (.sm)

check the thread "MOD-Importing space ships 0971" in "mods and addons".

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Thursday, 07.07.2016, 17:01

AngelicaPicklesDate: Thursday, 07.07.2016, 18:40 | Message # 197
Observer
United Kingdom
@ Mosfet

Thx Mosfet will try that for the outside editor and check out that thread.

But still cant save any configs within the game which i think someone else above mentioned as well.

I only need to rotate some of the models (Yours actually! lol) when on the surface of a planet, once i place your habitat models I then set them to 'Orbit mode' (this keeps it facing the same way even when the planets rotate or you speed up time...well a little anyway the models do like to spin out of control if i go above 100 speed!!) but, anyway, then I edit the model to flatten it, rotate it, position it so it looks level but when i reload the game the model positions have all reset?? even after i clicked the Save button.... Same happens for any models, its like the in game SHIFT+F2 editor cannot save?

Cheers.

UPDATE: Mosfet your were correct I had to unpack the PAK file and now that has solved it for the default ships! Thanks for that

As for your models I still have the issue trying to keep them in 'place' once I have set them, but I think that has to do with with fact the simulator does not technically simulate Landed or Anchored objects on planets yet, I hope this gets added soon as this would mean we could create colony's on planets... i tried placing one of your habitat domes on a 300 meter comet once!!! lolo the dome was way to big! so colony failed!. Anyway thx for your help.

Edited by AngelicaPickles - Thursday, 07.07.2016, 19:05

MosfetDate: Thursday, 07.07.2016, 22:38 | Message # 198
World Builder
Italy
Oh, that's a problem indeed with those models. I reached more or less your same conclusion when I did the same tests in order to fix their position, but in vain. Oh, well...

Douglas N. Adams
My mods

AngelicaPicklesDate: Friday, 08.07.2016, 19:22 | Message # 199
Observer
United Kingdom
Yep, certainly a bit of a shame sad but still cool for the screen shots.

I'm sure in the future SE will implement proper 'Planet Landings' and objects, if those working on SE plan to add flora + trees etc then this will need to be added on at some point anyway... but one for the future i hope. wink

oscargdevDate: Tuesday, 16.08.2016, 09:32 | Message # 200
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Thank You! I have been waiting for this feature for months biggrin

ZvierzuDate: Tuesday, 16.08.2016, 22:02 | Message # 201
Observer
Poland
Hello, is it possible to modify an existing ship with this program in 0.9.8.0 ?

The only thing I would like to do is to add hyperdrive to Skylone ship, I do not know if I should use this program or if it's even possible.

Any tip would be really appreciated wink

MosfetDate: Thursday, 18.08.2016, 00:05 | Message # 202
World Builder
Italy
Zvierzu, you need to extract the files from the .pak (a zip) file, then add to the skylone .sss file something like:
Code

WarpBoostLog 12
Warpdrive    true

Douglas N. Adams
My mods

xdark_princexDate: Monday, 22.08.2016, 05:47 | Message # 203
Observer
Pirate
I finally had some input to say and am 2 weeks to late mosfet beat me to it, but don't stop at 12!! my default for when I make ships is 48 :P

for manual warp control reasons low base speed makes alot easier to adjust course with shunting engines.

Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Assimilated.

ZvierzuDate: Monday, 22.08.2016, 11:59 | Message # 204
Observer
Poland
Hello again, I tried to do what Mosfet wrote, but unfortunatelly I can't get a grip on it : /

First of all - in which .pak file I can find proper Skylone configuration?
Data -> models -> ShipModels0980.pak? Or Data -> textures -> ShipTex0980? Or maybe somewhere else?
I've found Skylone.sss file in ShipModels and extracted it to desktop, but I can't open it with notepad nor with a ship editor.
I get this error message in editor:
Cannot parse file: SyntaxError: Unexpected Token N.

Am I doing something wrong? I would love a little bit more specific answer which files I should modify and what to do with them.
Or maybe someone could upload already modified file if you have little spare time?
Like I said - I just want to add hyperdrive option to Skylone.
Thank you very much in advance smile

Edited by Zvierzu - Monday, 22.08.2016, 12:02

MosfetDate: Monday, 22.08.2016, 13:05 | Message # 205
World Builder
Italy
The ship editor which this thread refers works with a different proprietary file format, and if I remember correctly it can export .sss files but not importing them, hence probably the error message.
An .sss file it's a simple renamed text file so your notepad should open it without problems.
SE sss files are packed into ShipModels0980.pak, while the ship textures are in ShipText0980.pak.
A starting point in order to know how ship modding works it's here:
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-1926-1

As of 0980 version modified ships will be loaded in game when their components are placed under addons/models/spacecraft for .sss files and addons/textures/spacecraft for textures and materials library. It's more convenient though to create models/spacecraft and textures/spacecraft folders under another folder, like addons/StarTrek/ or addons/MyShips/ to keep order under the addons folder.

Now I refuse to read again what I wrote to count how many times I used "folder" wacko
Anyway follow the link and you'll get a better idea.

Douglas N. Adams
My mods

ZvierzuDate: Tuesday, 23.08.2016, 00:54 | Message # 206
Observer
Poland
Ok I got it ;)

Thank you very much for help!

Added (23.08.2016, 00:54)
---------------------------------------------
Hello, sorry for being so bothersome but I would like to ask one more question - is it possible somehow to modify warp drive autopilot so it will get a lock and jump into hyperspace instantly?
Right now ship must reach speed of 10.00km/s before jumping into hyperspace and I would like my ship to turn to designated target and jump immediately without 10.00km/s requirement.

Is that kind of modification even possible? I know I can speed my time up, but I'm just curious wink

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 23.08.2016, 01:57 | Message # 207
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Zvierzu ()
Is that kind of modification even possible?

This is in the main.cfg file, you should add them to the main-user file.

Code
// Physics settings
Physics
{
    PhysicsTick   0.015  // physics iteration time (seconds)
    CheatsMenu    true  // enable cheats menu
    UFO           true  // enable unlimited thruster acceleration
    FTL           false  // enable unlimited speed
    God           true  // enable invulnerability
    Aero          false  // enable aerodynamics
    Gravity       false  // enable gravity
    Collisions    true  // enable collision detection
}

These are my settings for just easy flying of ships and debugging. Playing around with these settings can help people learn ships easier or just have ships to fly around.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

costhacker2Date: Monday, 24.10.2016, 12:53 | Message # 208
Observer
Pirate
Why i cant download this? it says Error 404 (Not Found)!!1.
I tried on every download link plz help me to find a solution angry

ViktorDate: Wednesday, 26.10.2016, 18:23 | Message # 209
Space Tourist
Czech Republic
Hmm, seems like the links for downloading this mod doesn't really work anymore. Any chance you could update the links, so that we can try this mod out, please? smile Or does it still work with the latest version of SE? Because the mod was made in 2012.

AxaEngineersDate: Thursday, 27.10.2016, 07:34 | Message # 210
Observer
Viet Nam
Thanks! Ta! Cheers! Thanks SO much!
------------------------------------------------
Civil Engineering Outsourcing

Civil Engineering Outsourcing

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Space Engine ship editor (Prototype spacecraft builder/editor for SE)
Search: