ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Space Engine ship editor (Prototype spacecraft builder/editor for SE)
Space Engine ship editor
argo34116Date: Thursday, 17.09.2015, 13:44 | Message # 181
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I attempt to open a .cmod file and it will not open the ship. What can I do to open this ship in spacecraft editor or do I need to do something different?

Added (16.09.2015, 04:47)
---------------------------------------------
The error message I receive reads as follows: "Cannot parse file. Syntax error:unexpected token #"

Added (17.09.2015, 13:44)
---------------------------------------------
angry Ok since I am having sooooo much trouble with this, I have Celestia 1.6.1 on my computer and I downloaded the Battlestar Galactica TOS add on. I want to add more detail to have a better looking Battlestar Galactica and colonial vipers for this add on. All attempts to do this have only met with limited success. Is there someone who can achieve this and help me? and share it with me? Thank you.

Thomas988Date: Thursday, 17.09.2015, 14:31 | Message # 182
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Is there any possible way to take spacecraft and convert them into models that Blender could read? i would love to make some 3D renders of the shuttle.

All you need in life are space games and typhlosions.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Thursday, 17.09.2015, 23:28 | Message # 183
Pioneer
United States
I am unable to run it. It will crash upon loading. The window will pop open, but it is blank white, and then it will crash. How do I make sure I installed it correctly? I am using Windows 7 x64, and I am using the windows only "lazy" version.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

SHWDate: Monday, 21.09.2015, 15:47 | Message # 184
Astronaut
Group: SE team
Pirate
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I am unable to run it. It will crash upon loading. The window will pop open, but it is blank white, and then it will crash.

Try to delete d3dcompiler_43.dll from editor folder. On some systems WebGL does not work without this file, on some with it.

Your mind is software. Program it.
Your body is a shell. Change it.
Death is a disease. Cure it.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 22.09.2015, 23:33 | Message # 185
Pioneer
United States
It works better now, thank you smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 23.02.2016, 07:16

stealthassasinbf293Date: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 23:32 | Message # 186
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Does anyone know how to update the offline version of the Ship Editor linked in the OP with the new hyperdrive variants and shield features?

Also, is there a way to rotate the single nozzle nucelar engine to face the opposite direction?

Edited by stealthassasinbf293 - Monday, 22.02.2016, 19:26

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 23.02.2016, 04:21 | Message # 187
Explorer
United States
^ As far as I know, no, parts cannot be rotated. I do really want this feature though - even a rudimentary version using keyboard controls in 90-degree increments would be nice - particularly for the shunting engines, which currently can't point forward and backward, making those controls seem a little unrealistic in the actual game. Sideways radiators and shields would also be nice.

Oh, and while I'm requesting features: I'd love a toggleable option to NOT auto-spawn truss segments when placing modules. When I stick on 6 engines at once, for instance, the editor spawns dozens of the little things everywhere, which bloat the overall polygon count (a big concern when exporting the models for use in other games), often make the ship ugly, and are a big pain to erase en masse.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Edited by parameciumkid - Tuesday, 23.02.2016, 04:24

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 23.02.2016, 11:27 | Message # 188
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote stealthassasinbf293 ()
Also, is there a way to rotate the single nozzle nucelar engine to face the opposite direction?

Quote parameciumkid ()
As far as I know, no, parts cannot be rotated.

Not in the editor, but in the ship editor in SE in 0.9.7.4 (press Shift-F2 while selecting a ship) you can edit modules in any way you like, including arbitrary rotation amounts.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

StarManDate: Saturday, 02.04.2016, 21:07 | Message # 189
Observer
United States
i'm not experienced with this kind of thing, but can someone who does, maybe construct the HERMES spacecraft from The Martian?

That would be really cool.

Thanks in advance.

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

quarior14Date: Saturday, 11.06.2016, 17:06 | Message # 190
World Builder
Pirate
Does soon, we can read the sss files (or convert file sss in json) ?

Quarior

n0b0dyDate: Tuesday, 05.07.2016, 09:02 | Message # 191
Explorer
Pirate
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
Not in the editor, but in the ship editor in SE in 0.9.7.4 (press Shift-F2 while selecting a ship) you can edit modules in any way you like, including arbitrary rotation amounts.

So can this new configuration with the reversed single nozzle nuclear engine be permanently saved to the .sss file from in game?

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 05.07.2016, 09:20 | Message # 192
World Builder
Italy
The save button in SE ship editor writes changes made with SE Ship Editor into the .sss file.
If you add engine flames to a model, the Editor will write changes in the .cfg model file.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

n0b0dyDate: Tuesday, 05.07.2016, 10:58 | Message # 193
Explorer
Pirate
Quote Mosfet ()
The save button in SE ship editor writes changes made with SE Ship Editor into the .sss file.

Thanks.

Another question: In the Russian forum there is a post from the SE ship editor creator about RCS thruster that faces forward and backward. Since my Russian is not the best (I don't have a clue actually tongue ) does anybody know how to implement them in the editor or in the in-game editor? Thanks and sorry for my ignorance sad .

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 05.07.2016, 11:53 | Message # 194
World Builder
Italy
Wow, they're seriously working in russian forum. thanks for the link. It seems SHW published a small update to the prototype javascript editor. I hope it doesn't mind if we also take a look at it!

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Wednesday, 06.07.2016, 17:33

AngelicaPicklesDate: Thursday, 07.07.2016, 15:50 | Message # 195
Observer
United Kingdom
How do I save modifications to ships from within the SE 0.9.74 ship editor?

I can only do basic stuff and I want to slightly rotate and edit a couple of the craft using SHIFT+F2 - which I can do fine but when I click Save it does not seem to do anything and I reload the game and it all resets?

If I need to use the downloaded editor ( i have the 'Lazy' version) then how do I open the default ships with it? I get a syntax error when I try to do so.

Thx.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Space Engine ship editor (Prototype spacecraft builder/editor for SE)
Search: