ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Hello - From New Members
rooksbailey8Date: Tuesday, 29.03.2016, 06:50 | Message # 151
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Here comes another new member of the SE community. biggrin I saw a picture from this program on another game forum and was blown away by its beauty. So, I came over here to find out more and, sure enough, found myself downloading SE "just to poke around for a few minutes." Days later, I still find myself unable to stop exploring the universe. smile This is an absolutely incredible piece of software. It is the astronomy program I always wanted but could never find. So glad to have found it!

(If he is around here, I also want to thank Artur Renato for his help with my crude Youtube videos. He urged I come here to join the community. Thanks!)

OstariskDate: Wednesday, 13.04.2016, 22:28 | Message # 152
Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
same. this thing is just mind blowing. I find it very satisfying:

Attachments: 1646968.jpg (147.5 Kb) · 1476062.jpg (187.2 Kb) · 8623152.jpg (79.8 Kb)

My mods

Edited by Ostarisk - Thursday, 02.06.2016, 22:29

sarchiaponeDate: Monday, 02.05.2016, 18:00 | Message # 153
Observer
Pirate
hallo everybody!

WindWpnDate: Tuesday, 03.05.2016, 17:44 | Message # 154
Observer
United States
Given, I am new, I cannot post new discussion topic; however, wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows of a Voice Attack profile for Space Engine?

~S~
wind

Specs: Win7, i7950, 10GB ram, GTX970 (368.22), 500GB SSD

Don_SolarisDate: Wednesday, 04.05.2016, 20:23 | Message # 155
Observer
Pirate
First post.

Totally dig the Space Engine! In fact i should be working something else right now, but can't stop having fun with this thing.

So far i've only heard of Universe Sandbox, but after trying Space Engine, i've became a fan!

As a sound designer I have a huge collection of sounds, willing to donate if anything is required for this project. But more on that in some other thread, some other time. biggrin

Edited by tstimac02 - Wednesday, 04.05.2016, 20:31

ReiderXDate: Thursday, 02.06.2016, 13:50 | Message # 156
Observer
Norway
Hello guys, I'm Loril. I'm into space stuff. It's wonderful to see how small our planet is and all the stars and planets. I wonder if there's life outside planet earth.

EvilPandaDate: Thursday, 02.06.2016, 15:03 | Message # 157
Observer
United Kingdom
This is actually my second post (I put an image on the Image Dump thread). I totally love Space Engine and always dreamed of a game like this for the last decade. As my first proper introduction to the forums, hello everyone!

deejayaechDate: Saturday, 25.06.2016, 16:03 | Message # 158
Space Tourist
Pirate
Hello Everyone I am new

simotodoDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 07:09 | Message # 159
Observer
Australia
Hey all!

I would just like to say that Space Engine is probably the best free software I have found on the Internet with no viruses or any crap like that. I really appreciate that someone actually dedicated their time into making something like this. Please blow our minds with new updates, SpaceEngineer, and keep up the amazing work!

Regards,
Simon ok

P.S. I know this probably isn't the place to ask, but I am having trouble fixing aurora and getting it back to being at a steady FPS, not 0-3 FPS. It' only aurora that messes with me, but otherwise this game is easy to run at 20-30FPS. I really need help with this, and if I could be contacted by someone that knows how to fix my problem, that would be much appreciated.

Specs: Acer Aspire E1-570 (Laptop); 4 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3217U CPU @1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors; Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601) x64; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

lolypopgirly8Date: Sunday, 24.07.2016, 22:00 | Message # 160
Observer
Pirate
GOOD NEWS! I GOT WINDOWS 10 AND SPACE ENGINE WORKS PERFECTLY FINE! biggrin

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 26.07.2016, 02:21 | Message # 161
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Welcome to the community! Enjoy Space Engine. smile

RoaldHoffmannDate: Thursday, 04.08.2016, 22:41 | Message # 162
Observer
United States
Hi Everybody!

I'm new to the forums, and relatively new to SpaceEngine. I found SpaceEngine back on Steam Greenlight about a year or two ago (I think), and just happened to come across it again yesterday. Perfect timing, as there seems to have been a major update released recently! Now, I plan to really dive in, learn how it all works, and start making some discoveries!

I would like to give a huge thanks to the developer of this fantastic piece of software. I find the vastness of space so fascinating, and while it saddens me that, in our lifetime, we will not get the opportunity to extend our reach out very far, to be able to simulate it like this is incredible. Zipping around space, stopping off at planets, stars, and moons never before seen, taking in the sights, and attempting to grasp the scale of it all and feeling how minuscule we really are - it gives me an indescribable feeling!

Your plans for SpaceEngine are very ambitious, and I wish you the best of luck! And I would like to add that, even in its current state, it is truly remarkable, and any further additions are simply more icing on the cake. Thank you, and I look forward to being a part of the community! happy

Edited by RoaldHoffmann - Thursday, 04.08.2016, 22:41

khaos526Date: Thursday, 18.08.2016, 13:45 | Message # 163
Observer
United States
Well I'm new here too (to the forum). Thought I had signed up 2 years ago, but found out I never had I guess. Finally got a new power system (upgrade from my old Dell XPS) so now using a GTX 1070 i7 with 16gb and really seeing the planet surfaces in great detail for the first time ever. I used to spend maybe a few mins waiting for a planet to render, taking a photo and going ok find the next cool thing. Now I'm spending about 20 mins or more just on a single planet looking at different aspects of it and the texture and shadows.

Still trying to figure out how to best optimize my configuration so it doesn't crash (have a odd issue every 20 mins or so where some of the planets in the Galaxy pane will start to flicker and then it crashes not long after), but at least I'm enjoying the new version and having it on my new system to explore distant galaxies...

Val777Date: Monday, 29.08.2016, 15:41 | Message # 164
Observer
France
Hello everyone ! YAU (Yet Another User) !

Well, this is amazing. I remember several years ago, when I was using Celestia on a low-end computer. Time has passed since and I recently wanted to retry something "like Celestia", and I found Space Engine. At first, I was like : "ok this might be a cool celestia-like soft that can show stars, why not try it now". After 3 hours of download tongue , *running spaceengine.exe*, I went literally like this : surprised (you can add as many of it a you want).

I have only one thing to say : this is the BEST software of space exploration / simulation that I have ever seen. I know some programming, and I'm aware of the HUGE (this is an euphemism) amount of work that must has been put in it, considering the fact that the developer is alone (I'm not forgetting the addons).

After that, I registered on this forum, with the aim of sharing and contributing to this community which seems very good from what I've read. But I didn't post anything since, so this is my first post biggrin yay !

I'm not a native english speaker. If I make a big mistake, feel free to tell me so I can fix it and improve myself.

i5-4670 @3.40GHz - 16 GB ddr3 - Radeon R9 270X 2GB - 256 GB Intel SSD + 512 GB HDD

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 29.08.2016, 16:08 | Message # 165
World Builder
Pirate
I don't know if I actually posted to this thread.

I'm Steeljaw354, I have been here since December of 2015. I know I have a 20% ban on me, but it's less than what it was. I'm trying to be a good user on this great forum.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Hello - From New Members (New to the community? Then say hello in this thread)
Search: