Pirate

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

SalvoDate: Monday, 17.10.2016, 06:37 | Message # 77
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
I'm also getting very tired of people comparing SE with NMS.

I mean, every message of people outside this forum (comments on YouTube, comments on Imgur, comments on Reddit, posts in other forums) since NMS have been released, is a comparison between the two space sims.

There are three main kind of comments:
  • People saying things like "Poor NMS" or "NMS is overpriced, this is free" or "No Man Sky is a s*** compared to this", of course talking about SE.
  • People complaining and getting angry because Space Engine doesn't have plants on the surface, animals, and all the things that NMS has.
  • People talking about NMS without even making a comparison with SE without even knowing what type of game it is.

Everyone is doing that. That's what really bothers me, if there was a few people doing that it wouldn't be such a problem.
    This is just because of stupid marketing!
    People pre-ordered because they though it was the game of the era, and now they're complaining about it because they wasted their money in a game that wasn't for them and because everyone else is doing that.

This is very annoying, and that's why I never pre-order a game. I want to be sure about what I'm going to play, and I don't want to trust a stupid trailer or whatever.
    I really can't understand how people pre-ordered games like Death Stranding.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Monday, 17.10.2016, 06:39
  •  
    AerospacefagDate: Monday, 17.10.2016, 21:46 | Message # 78
    Pioneer
    Group: Users
    Russian Federation
    Quote Salvo ()
    Everyone is doing that. That's what really bothers me, if there was a few people doing that it wouldn't be such a problem.
    This is just because of stupid marketing!

Don't care about this too much, because it only means that you are joining meaningless and recursive part of discussion that arises form the people with their hurt feelings. They bought the game because they felt like this, and then they felt something different and got disappointed and not they are going to discuss it without end.

You don't need to care about that too much, don't you? You can say it once or twice, deliver your opinion to people you care about and relieve that pressure of yourself. No amount of ranting and repeating of the same points will ever make difference after initial statement, and people who did not listen, won't listen. So why continue? I only see the purpose of doing that if the problem exposes more different sides to you, otherwise it is not worth of your brain processing power.

NMS did not do that as of yet. It sank like a Titanic and I can safely ignore it now.

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 18.10.2016, 06:36 | Message # 79
    Star Engineer
    Italy
    Quote Aerospacefag ()
    You don't need to care about that too much, don't you?

Yeah, I know, but I'll give you an example. smile

In Italy there are a lot of immigrants, and the number of them is exponentially increasing because of the war in Syria.
    People here (mainly people with neo-fascist ideologies), keeps saying that these immigrants should go home (I also half agree with them) or that we should use bulldozers.

It's is very annoying that everyone keeps saying that, it seems like they have no better topic to talk about, and they say the exact same things that everyone else is saying, over and over. smile
    Just to show other people that we are not the cause of the problems of this country, but the immigrants are. So your reputation is safe.

The same thing is happening with NMS, people need to show that they're not stupid (because they've spent 60$ for a game that no-one liked), so they're trying to show you that they have been scammed and they didn't personally decide to waste their money.

Is not their fault, it's human brain!

Edited by Salvo - Tuesday, 18.10.2016, 14:07

AerospacefagDate: Tuesday, 18.10.2016, 15:54 | Message # 80
    Pioneer
    Russian Federation
    Quote Salvo ()
    Just to show other people that we are not the cause of the problems of this country, but the immigrants are. So your reputation is safe.

Well my guess, then, it is in fact entirely different problem compared to the cause of the initial... disturbance, so you will have to deal with it accordingly. While the game or your personal experience with some immigrants are pretty personal, the problems you are describing are largely social, and you can't really affect i with your personal opinion. After all, we all make decisions of that kind.

SalvoDate: Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 07:07 | Message # 81
    Star Engineer
    Italy
    Quote Aerospacefag ()
    While the game or your personal experience with some immigrants are pretty personal, the problems you are describing are largely social, and you can't really affect i with your personal opinion

That wan't a good example now that I think about it.

Never mind, imagine you didn't read any of those sentences tongue

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 27.11.2016, 20:49 | Message # 82
    Galaxy Architect
    Group: Global Moderators
    Pirate

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
    G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

MosfetDate: Sunday, 27.11.2016, 21:16 | Message # 83
    World Builder
    Italy
    They're still working to finish the game that was released too soon, good tongue
    https://spacemyname.itch.io/poor-mans-sky

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Douglas N. Adams
    My mods
    Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 29.11.2016, 12:19 | Message # 84
    Star Engineer
    Italy
    That's exactly what I was hoping for happy

Bells_TheoremDate: Friday, 02.12.2016, 00:32 | Message # 85
    Explorer
    United States
    I've heard a lot of negative comments about the update referring to it as "Subnautica in space". Not sure how comparing it to a game everybody loves as a negative.

I hope this is the first of many updates. I really do love this game and its vision.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Now that we've seen "No man's sky"
    Search: