ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Thank you for such a great space simulator! (Appreciation comments from the members)
Thank you for such a great space simulator!
jtmedinaDate: Monday, 31.10.2011, 20:13 | Message # 1
Space Pilot
Group: Users
Spain
Hi,

I just discovered Space Engine a few days ago. Funny, I found out about Space Engine when I was looking for Orbiter 2010 videos on youtube (don't know if you people know about that sim).

I just want to say how good your work is, you really are a very talented person. Since I saw a video of infinity I've always dreamed of a game where we could visit other planets and land on them. Despite Space Engine still being in beta, it still looks very very nice. I just like to seek exoplanets and enjoy the sunsets with the beautiful atmospheric effects. It's really really nice.

On another thread I saw the "to do list". It seems to be a very ambitious project, this can really make a difference considering there is a huge lack of realistic space simulators out there. In short, I am sold biggrin

Thank you for doing such a great job. smile

HardtsDate: Monday, 31.10.2011, 21:59 | Message # 2
Space Pilot
Denmark
I would like to hop on this wagon too.

Space Engine truly is a remarkeable achievement, and I would pay for it any day. The fact that you are so social in your approach to developing this program just makes everything even better. A big thanks and much gratitude to you for making something like this - which allows me to dream myself away in space, a place so strangely familiar.

i5 2500k 3,3 GHz @3,6GHz
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
3HDD (1TB+500GB+320GB)
Gainward Gtx 460 1GB
2 monitors: Samsung 27" P2770, 22" Samsung BW226
+A sh*tload of palmtree's around my computer :)

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 31.10.2011, 23:06 | Message # 3
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Thank you guys. I'm glad to see that SpaceEngine fulfills its mission - shows the beauty of space to everyone. My dream is to never stop development of SpaceEngine, to continuously improve its quality and the realism of its graphics.

pebbleDate: Thursday, 17.11.2011, 21:36 | Message # 4
Astronaut
United States
I also want to thank you, Vladimir, for bringing to life my childhood dreams of exploring the universe. Space Engine is equal parts programming and poetry, and it takes a special sort of person to create such a marvelous piece of software. Space Engine is a dream come true.

Edited by pebble - Thursday, 17.11.2011, 21:37

XodolashDate: Saturday, 19.11.2011, 06:05 | Message # 5
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
While we're on the appreciation bandwagon, I'd like to say I have no idea how you code so fast, Spaceengineer, while maintaining a day job too.

mustafa2812Date: Saturday, 19.11.2011, 06:15 | Message # 6
Space Pilot
United States
yes this program truly is a dream come true. I spend so much of my free days on space engine just getting the right screenshots and having fun!

PC specs: Windows 7 64 bit. Intel Core i5-2400 quad-core (3.1GHz, 6MB Cache). 6GB DDR3-1333MGz SDRAM[2 DIMMs]. 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive. 3GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545.

Hasforjs97Date: Friday, 16.03.2012, 23:03 | Message # 7
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Spain
Thank you for SpaceEngine. I'm really interested in star exploration and this is by far the best program to simulate it. I think you are a genius for programming all of this, and I encourage you to continue with this project because when it's finished as a game (and I know there are many people still trying to decide how the gameplay with work) it will hopefully be amazing.

This was my dream: A program where you could explore any galaxy and land on any planet and go anywhere you want to. And you've made it really happen, so many thanks to you. smile

Hasforjs

My desktop:
Pentium G3260 @ 3.30GHz
8.0 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 17.03.2012, 11:49 | Message # 8
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Thanks smile

VinnyDate: Monday, 07.05.2012, 20:20 | Message # 9
Explorer
United States
Hi, guys!

Thank-you for this wonderful space simulator! Please keep up the excellent work!! Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

Joey_PenguinDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 03:42 | Message # 10
Pioneer
United States
<see above praise>
The fact that you try to make it so scientifically accurate makes this the closest I'll ever get to travelling into space.

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

BlackArkDate: Monday, 30.07.2012, 16:57 | Message # 11
Space Pilot
United States
Thank you for making a Great piece of software Man and again Thank you. cool

Edited by BlackArk - Monday, 30.07.2012, 17:03

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 30.07.2012, 17:08 | Message # 12
Cosmic Curator
United States
BlackArk, an appreciation thread already exists here. There is no reason to add another thread to the forum. The forum rules - which you have read many time by now, I'm sure - instruct you to post in an existing thread if it matches your topic. Simply typing "thank you" into the search box reveals this thread immediately. It isn't hard to find.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 30.07.2012, 22:48 | Message # 13
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
You are welcome! (Did I say that right in English?)

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 30.07.2012, 22:59 | Message # 14
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
Did I say that right in English?

Yes, perfect smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

FCCDate: Wednesday, 29.08.2012, 05:19 | Message # 15
Observer
Group: Newbies
Chile
Hello,
I really love this simulator as well, for both its beauty and its efforts to be scientifically accurate. Thanks a lot!
My 6 years old nephew is a fan of this software as well.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Thank you for such a great space simulator! (Appreciation comments from the members)
Search: