ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Thank you for such a great space simulator! (Appreciation comments from the members)
Thank you for such a great space simulator!
paunstefanDate: Tuesday, 04.09.2012, 20:49 | Message # 16
Observer
Group: Newbies
Romania
I also want to thank you for making SpaceEngine !
I was looking for a good space simulator and a saw a video of SE and it was pretty amazing, it was more amazing when I saw that it's free. I downloaded it and the level of detail, lighting, size, and other things were spectacular and it blew my mind when I first went out of the Milky Way and I saw so much galaxies ready to be explored. After I first used Celestia in 2004 I dreamed of a program that lets me also explore planets, and SE did this. It's probably the best software for an astronomy fan. Thank you again ! smile
Greetings from Romania !

scavengerDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 17:13 | Message # 17
Space Tourist
Group: Users
France
well

I'm passing more time on this than with my wife... I dunno if i should thank you or hate you ?

whatever, thnks a lot smile

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 17:19 | Message # 18
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
scavenger, a thank you thread already existed here.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

GlorymajorDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 18:23 | Message # 19
Space Tourist
Brazil
I didnt knew there was a thread for "Thank you". My first post in the forums was in the TODO List. I am gonna register my oficial thanks in this oficial thread. happy

I have played a lot of space simulations games (Elite, Noctis, Celestia, Stellarium, Orbiter, Pioneer, Universe Sandbox) thats almost the same concept and I can tell for sure that Space Engine is by far the BEST ONE that´s out there today. Between Celestia and Space Engine, Space Engine is light years ahead! You did what I was expecting from Elite and Celestia for years!

I remember when I got my hands on Celestia, and did all the "Educational Activities". I was so happy exploring, that by the time when I saw and did all that the software could do, I was craving for more... There was no updates, and eventually, I got bored.
Whan I saw a game called "Infinity: The Quest for Earth", I almost went nuts, because it was like an Elite with updated graphics, but that game isn´t release yet, and God knows if ever will be.

Was searching for "Seamless descent planetary atmosphere" or something like that on Youtube and I came across some Ininity videos, Evochron (with I have it too) and "SpaceEngine - Version 0.95 - A Seamless Voyage". I tought it was an animation, not a software/game. When I realized that this one is the new Celestia, I was couting the seconds to test it.

Space Engine is another dream coming true. Beautiful graphics, procedural universe, modable sandbox... It remembers Ininity and Celestia in various aspects. I told a couple of friends that was using Celestia, and everyone went crazy with Space Engine.

I read the TODO list, and when this is all done, you sir will be a legend and my idol... I shall build a church or temple in your name... biggrin

I would like to congratulate the developer Space Engineer for a such wonderfull software! You made another space fan very happy! yahoo

Cheers!

PC: Intel i7 3.2 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 680 with 2048 Mb VRAM
Laptop: Intel i7 2.3 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 675M with 2048 Mb VRAM

skeptikaDate: Wednesday, 12.12.2012, 06:19 | Message # 20
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I signed up just to say Thank You and to convey how awesome I think Space Engine is.

I've killed more hours in Space Engine than in any game recently, and that's saying something because I work for a major game studio and publisher in the U.S. In my job I see a lot of creative as well as technical work, good and bad, and Space Engine never ceases to amaze and delight me.

I've secretly wanted to remake Freelancer with fullscale planets, and this gets pretty dang close, even though it's not really a "game." It gives me that sense of exploration and wonder that few games can deliver, so I just wanted to say Thank You. Your work is deeply appreciated!

If you ever do want to make this into a game, let me know and I'd be happy to share any knowledge I have that may be useful. Regardless, you've made another person's day/month/year by allowing me to play with this truly fantastic piece of software! smile Amazing stuff and thanks!

Dan

DisasterpieceDate: Thursday, 03.01.2013, 21:21 | Message # 21
World Builder
United States
I discovered Space Engine through Kurtjmac on youtube. I saw the 0.94 video and was amazed so I came to the website (luckily I had just gotten an NVidia card for my desktop) and downloaded it (0.96). It took me 45 minutes to download it (which I spent pacing my house) and then I played. It was great. Later that day 0.96.2 came out (perfect timing) so I downloaded it and was amazed again. This is a great sim and I want to thank you for it.

I play teh spase engien

Antza2Date: Thursday, 03.01.2013, 23:45 | Message # 22
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
(Disasterpiece)
I discovered Space Engine through Kurtjmac on youtube.

Kurt's 0.94 video was just a disaster imho. He didn't even demonstrate the seamless planetary landings or the procedural terrain generation.

(Disasterpiece)
Later that day 0.96.2 came out

Nice. biggrin

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

DisasterpieceDate: Monday, 07.01.2013, 02:32 | Message # 23
World Builder
United States
(Antza2)
Kurt's 0.94 video was just a disaster

It was, but the graphics of even the earth map in 0.94 would put J.J. Abrams and Michael Bay to shame. With 0.96.2, I don't even know why I still watch their movies.

I play teh spase engien

Destructor1701Date: Monday, 07.01.2013, 03:38 | Message # 24
Pioneer
Ireland
This sim is a powerful mind-expander, and despite a relative lack of gameplay features, the rich exploration is enough to capture the imagination of even young children. My nephews love finding new worlds, and new types of stars. You've allowed them to boldly go where no kids have gone before.

Thanks from them, and from me - the big kid at the helm.

Spaceman7456Date: Wednesday, 24.04.2013, 07:46 | Message # 25
Astronaut
United States
Man, whoever made this program THANK YOU! This thing is amazing. I'm playing this on my 3 monitor setup in 5670 x 1080 and wow, just amazingly beautiful spacescapes. This is one of the best programs I've ever seen. Thanks again!

Core 17 3770k (3.5 GHz) - GTX 680 4GB (SLI), 256 GB SSD - 2 TB HDD - 16GB Corsair RAM

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 24.04.2013, 08:16 | Message # 26
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
For future reference there is a thread for saying thanks.
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/11-244-1

The good news is this program is only going to get better

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Edited by DoctorOfSpace - Wednesday, 24.04.2013, 08:18

Halowraith1Date: Wednesday, 24.04.2013, 21:09 | Message # 27
Space Tourist
United Kingdom
Until I found Space Engine, I was literally completely sure that there was no such thing as a Space Simulator that simulates an entire Universe.

But then I found this.

Trillions of Planets

Trillions of Stars.

Billions of Galaxies.

And you could visit it all. Thanks for such an amazing program. I look forward to the further updates and improvements.

assuming direct control

neutronium76Date: Thursday, 02.05.2013, 09:24 | Message # 28
World Builder
Greece
Space Engineer I would like once again to express my infinite gratitude to you and your family for this amazing masterpiece of software enginnering . I also like to tell that I am sooo haapy that you have listened to people's requests - especially regarding the star browser database window where you can put a radius in the box to search (although I am not sure if this is in light years or parsecs but it doesn't matter) for nearby stars. This is a dream come true! I know that I am going to iritate some moderators by using so many emoticons but there are no words to describe how happy I feel:

yahoo :yahoo: yahoo :yahoo:

I would also like to express my dissapointment to the fact that there are people that insteed of saying a word of appreciation, post messages aasking about the next release of SE...
PS: Also this thread has not recieved a post since the release of SE0.97. dry

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

Edited by neutronium76 - Thursday, 02.05.2013, 09:27

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 02.05.2013, 13:09 | Message # 29
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (neutronium76)
(although I am not sure if this is in light years or parsecs but it doesn't matter)

It's in parsecs, as everything in SE is currently.

Quote (neutronium76)
Also this thread has not recieved a post since the release of SE0.97

People are too busy using it smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SlimunkeyDate: Wednesday, 08.05.2013, 04:00 | Message # 30
Space Tourist
United States
I discovered SE when I was browsing through Scott Manley's and Kurtjmac's videos when I noticed the title "space engine" multiple times. I whatched some videos and I quickly fell in love with the software and went to the website.....

then I noticed the requirements. Now I knew in my heart that this computer would.... how would I say it.....?

So I resorted to watching the videos on youtube and quickly counted down the days to new computer (few months from now).
I'm really hoping to see what happens when I get my hands on the software I've always wished for someone to make software like this and now that it exist....I'm probably going to be listed as a missing person for a good year or two.

must....take....more.....SCREENSHOTS!

Edited by Slimunkey - Wednesday, 08.05.2013, 04:01

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Thank you for such a great space simulator! (Appreciation comments from the members)
Search: