ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Thank you for such a great space simulator! (Appreciation comments from the members)
Thank you for such a great space simulator!
SabrathaDate: Tuesday, 21.05.2013, 01:57 | Message # 31
Observer
Group: Newbies
Poland
Thank you for Space Engine. As an old timer Noctis fan, this really brought a lot of joy for me. biggrin

mordin86Date: Saturday, 22.06.2013, 18:33 | Message # 32
Astronaut
Group: Users
Poland
I have discovered this amazing software few days ago, and I really love it. I`am a big fan of Orbiter and KSP space sims so I like the possibility of realistic space travel with orbits and gravity that SpaceEngine have. Plus it's visually just beautiful.
Thank you very very much!

SkulzDate: Friday, 14.02.2014, 05:04 | Message # 33
Observer
Denmark
Never heard of this program/game until today i was browsing greenlight games on Steam and saw this, installed immediately and played for hours...

So I was traveling from star to another then from galaxy to another, my mind was blown off never in my life felt something like this, for the first time I realized how small I am and how the universe is huge beyond my mind and how beautiful and weird and scary it is.

In that meantime I was questioning myself, (who am I, what is this world, how big it is... what am I doing in my life, what is life, who created and started all of these... what the heck is happening, this is madness) whoosh o_O ygffskhaskxzckjh *mind blown*. so i had shivers and felt weirder and dropped some tears.

I dont know what happened there exactly but it was a very wtf moment.

Anyways, I love this program/game and thank you all from programmers to music artists for making this piece of madness, i mean art.

UrthmanDate: Tuesday, 18.02.2014, 06:52 | Message # 34
Observer
United States
Hi. New forum member here. I just wanted to add my thanks to SpaceEngineer for this amazing program. I'm an old fan of both Celestia and Noctis and having a game that is sort of a cross between the two is kind of a dream come true.

Flying out to see the view from the ringed ice moon of a gas giant on the edge of a huge star cluster in the Andromeda Galaxy is pretty mind blowing. Sure it's fictional, but, given the size of the galaxies, it's quite possible a place like that really exists.

I'd say Space Engine is already a great success and I look forward to see what more is added in the future. Thanks again.

FastFourierTransformDate: Sunday, 09.03.2014, 12:22 | Message # 35
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
I also want to thanks SpaceEngine it's real.
When I am stressed or depressed there's nothing like escaping to a galaxy 10Gpc away, searching a star in that particular galaxy and landing in the side of a mountain on the surface of a captured asteroid moon, watching the sunset. That is great because even the worst problems seem meaningless when you understand that there is a cave in a part of the universe where nothing is happening other than a beautiful sunset, where no one will never land, where nothing is important. Space Engine is an instrument for my imagination.

I am studying physics at university and I would like to see a full developed simulator in a few years for educational purposes only, without all that gameish part of the concept. This is great and it's going to be the greatest thing on the subject. I played around with Celestia and RedShift and for the case of RedShift i found it very accurate but poor in the educational sense. Space Engine is perfect to inspire people on making Science.

It's a great job and as always, it has been brought by a Russian smile

Thank you so much

P.S: Sorry for my english. I always make strange sentences and mistakes

Edited by FastFourierTransform - Sunday, 09.03.2014, 12:24

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 09.03.2014, 19:51 | Message # 36
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote FastFourierTransform ()
Sorry for my english. I always make strange sentences and mistakes

¡Es más bueno que mi español! happy

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

laiodDate: Friday, 04.04.2014, 03:55 | Message # 37
Space Pilot
United States
Honestly Space Engine is probably the best space sim I have played. It is very fun for some reason, and the ambient music makes it all the better. It is really something worthy of more success. One day I imagine this game having millions of players, which will truly be a feat. biggrin

ASUS Radeon HD 7770 2GB, Crucial Ballistix 8GB x2, AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz, 1TB 7200rpm drive

porky110Date: Saturday, 23.08.2014, 07:37 | Message # 38
Observer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Thank you guys. I'm glad to see that SpaceEngine fulfills its mission - shows the beauty of space to everyone. My dream is to never stop development of SpaceEngine, to continuously improve its quality and the realism of its graphics.

I love you, I really do. Astronomy has been by hobby and my biggest interest since the age of 5, and you have created what I could only get to in my imagination. This game has so much potential its unreal. I absolutely cannot wait until the game is developed (hopefully) into a single player exploration game, where you can collect data about stars, build space stations, establish colonies, harvest materials, ect. I also see this game having a gigantic potential in education. Thank you for creating such a beautiful and eye-opening game.

I want to get a PhD in astronomy when I go into college.
I make YouTube videos about Space Engine. Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBb7mrrtpys&list=PL0_sT87E0perdQMPm3TfHkIb6yB7X-eJn

BlueDracheDate: Saturday, 23.08.2014, 07:58 | Message # 39
Space Pilot
United States
You know ... it's probably about time I showed up here. I would like to express my most heartfelt thanks for this software. I've been having an absolute blast with it.

VakarianDate: Thursday, 18.09.2014, 12:42 | Message # 40
Observer
United States
I will add my thanks here. It's an incredible sim and well it works relaxing. Also when I had a tough day or face a problem hard to grasp I just play SpaceEngine and let my mind focus on something pleasant. So yeah, really...THANKS!

dissemblyDate: Sunday, 28.12.2014, 02:15 | Message # 41
Observer
Australia
This simulation has re-awakened my interest in many things. Including life itself in some ways.

the_nerervarineDate: Thursday, 15.01.2015, 06:36 | Message # 42
Space Pilot
United States
The stuff dreams are made out of.

Words could never express what Space Engine is to me and what it means to me.

From someone who has been in love with space and astronomy longer than they can even remember anything else before.

Thank you.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 08.02.2015, 20:50 | Message # 43
Pioneer
United States
I'm not gonna lie, I get frustrated when my computer makes Space Engine difficult to explore, but in the end, it is all worth it. The b- e- a- utiful scenery I find in some places, and the end result when I finish adding my custom planets, is always astonishing. This is a great space simulator and will keep me occupied for years to come.

So if I haven't said it already; Thank you! I love Space Engine, and I seriously appreciate the efforts put into this game! smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

DiscovererOfWorldsDate: Wednesday, 18.02.2015, 21:03 | Message # 44
Space Pilot
Italy
space engine for me is the best space simulator that there may be 100 times better than celestia up to date and accurate as other application allows you to explore the universe and land on the planets? for me it is absolutely awesome and thanks to space engine now know more deeply the space, thanks to have made this beautiful application, we'll play even if full of lag and crash,for me it is already perfect but when it will reach its final version will be even more perfect, continue your wonderful work

the universe is made to be explored, but no one will ever visit it all

Edited by DiscovererOfWorlds - Wednesday, 18.02.2015, 21:12

Atheist101Date: Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 15:34 | Message # 45
Astronaut
United States
Wanted to add my thanks for an amazing piece of software. All my life i have been sad at the fact that i will never be able to explore the wonders of the universe. I have wanted to get up close and personal with nebula, see the milky way from outside, find and explore new phenomenon, and maybe even find some sort of life out there. Yet i get saddened by the fact that in my life time we will wont be able to send a manned mission out side of the solar system, let alone to the nearest star. One day i was looking around on some image boards, bored, and found a sub board on space. I found a thread where a guy was talking about this cool program called space engine. This was back at the beginning of .9.6.0. I started to look into it and found sadly my computer at the time was no where near capable to run it. Even so i was eating up screenshots, videos, and information on the site.

I found other programs but none that offered the visuals, size or ability to land on the planets and find life. So for a while i just had to deal with not having it. Then a few years ago, when income tax came in, we decided to get a good gaming computer. The first program i put on this comp, besides essentials, was SE. The first time i flew out of the solar system i was moved to tear. Seriously, when i ran into my first nebula i was so choked up. It was just breath taking, and i have been amazed ever since. Every day almost i load up SE and explore a little more and everyday i am amazed at something new. I just want to say thank you. Thank you for making my dream a reality in the only way possible. I may never be able to fly to a nebula, but i can visit it any time with SE!

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Thank you for such a great space simulator! (Appreciation comments from the members)
Search: