[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Water, Clouds, Trees
BlackArkDate: Thursday, 28.07.2011, 11:53 | Message # 1
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
IF you see water move around the planet and the clouds rain on the plane and trees dot the planet with green or black plants biggrin

and this will be cool to see "Volcanoes, animation of explosions and ash clouds" and lava on the planet surfaces THIS IS EPIC! :3

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 29.07.2011, 01:07 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
3D clouds and water are my goal. However, lava flows need hydrodynamic simulation, and that seems too impossible in real-time on modern PCs. I can implement 'fake' lava flows as part of dynamically updated texture. Trees and even animals are a hard part. I can simply load 10 man-maded models of trees and place them everywhere on habitable planets. But it is boring. I need a good algorithm for procedural generation of alien stationary lifeforms (plants, strange mushrooms, alive crystals, etc). Does anyone know about such algorithms?

BlackArkDate: Thursday, 04.08.2011, 11:28 | Message # 3
Space Pilot
United States
Form Dust can do and can do mate! happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvdauwUMcoo

Quote (BlackArk)
Does anyone know about such algorithms?
I thick somebody can?

3D clouds and water is the nearest goal point. Cool went will this be done cool

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 04.08.2011, 16:00 | Message # 4
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote (BlackArk)
Form Dust can do and can do mate!

From Dust does not operate on the whole planet.

Star_ManDate: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 01:29 | Message # 5
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
This is a good Wiki site for many Algorithms for Procedural Content Generation including trees:

Main Page: http://pcg.wikidot.com/

Trees: http://www.td-grafik.de/artic/talk20030122/overview.html

I would love to see trees and animals on planets, that would be great.

I love SE, it is really beyond words. Please keep up the wonderful work.

Edited by Star_Man - Sunday, 25.01.2015, 01:45

DiscovererOfWorldsDate: Saturday, 31.01.2015, 12:58 | Message # 6
Space Pilot
Italy
it would be great to have trees on earth-like planets because it seems empty with no trees or rocks, in which version will be included?

the universe is made to be explored, but no one will ever visit it all

Edited by DiscovererOfWorlds - Saturday, 31.01.2015, 13:07

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 31.01.2015, 22:21 | Message # 7
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote DiscovererOfWorlds ()
in which version will be included?

in 0.9.9.8.1a

QuontexDate: Saturday, 31.01.2015, 22:33 | Message # 8
Explorer
Australia
When trees and other Flora life forms are added I'll most likely loose my s***, But what do you wish to do with the trees? I don't know exactly how hard it would be but couldn't you try a set of textures and mix and match like planetary surfaces?

GameDate: Sunday, 01.02.2015, 23:00 | Message # 9
Space Tourist
Netherlands
Maybe you could have a chat with the developers from No Man's Sky. Granted, their procedural gen seems to rely on pre-made art assets, but it might be of some inspiration for static lifeforms. Then again, I don't think algorithms would ever be able to come up with the things nature throws out there.

easterninfernoDate: Thursday, 05.02.2015, 13:59 | Message # 10
Space Tourist
Pirate
These are all great ideas guys.I would too like to see plants on planets,that would look cool.

BlackArk,a great idea but one thing would not be cool.To have only green/black life.I mean,i watched some videos and i saw a huge varieties of colours like orange,purple,blue...No offence but not all life is green smile

SpaceEngineer Good game sir,keep up the good work :D.

When will our goverments forget about the borders,and start looking into the stars as a species?

Edited by easterninferno - Thursday, 05.02.2015, 13:59

ConquestiDate: Friday, 06.02.2015, 22:20 | Message # 11
Astronaut
Spain
Were created planets with life and lifeless with flora color.
So somehow life and habitable planets are important in Space Engine.

It would be a shame not to finish the job of life forms and flora.

Edited by Conquesti - Friday, 06.02.2015, 22:26

QuontexDate: Friday, 27.03.2015, 11:09 | Message # 12
Explorer
Australia
It seems this is dead, I still want an answer to my question though. How hard would it be to use a random set of sprites in sequence like you do for terrain textures? I know nothing of coding so I'm just curious.

KludDate: Tuesday, 31.03.2015, 20:13 | Message # 13
Astronaut
Russian Federation
As I understand it, you are talking about the possibility of the establishment of vegetation in the same manner as the surface topography. In this case, get something like this:

Attachments: 0514378.jpg (275.6 Kb)

QuontexDate: Wednesday, 01.04.2015, 12:52 | Message # 14
Explorer
Australia
Quote Klud ()
As I understand it, you are talking about the possibility of the establishment of vegetation in the same manner as the surface topography. In this case, get something like this:

That's cool but not exactly what I was meaning. I was meaning the system that decides on the textures for the terrain, Why can't we have something simmiler to that with sprites?

Because from what I understand, The system takes from a pool of textures from a file and adds it to the terrain mesh(If there is one, I'm not sure I'm just making a point) and the system can ascertain what type of terrain it is. Why can't we have a system that does the same thing but with sprites focused on the basic portions of the tree(Trunk, branches and leaves) I know it would not be the most intricate system but it would add at least something.

KludDate: Wednesday, 01.04.2015, 22:30 | Message # 15
Astronaut
Russian Federation
Yes, I think it could be done, but now the Space Engineer has no time for that. Not yet completed work on the main parts of planetarium. Subsequently, the vegetation will be added and most likely as a models. We'll take a walk in the woods. smile

• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: