ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
General suggestions
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 20.02.2013, 22:08 | Message # 31
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
There are a lot of other things that need to be added first, and constellations in general go against the overall feel of SE. It is not impossible that something like this MIGHT be implemented someday, but it would not be anytime soon.

I would prefer SE not add constellations as any shape could be drawn in the stars. dry

What would be better in the future would be a simple plugin support allowing people to add their own stuff to the engine and sharing it that way, offing most of the unimportant unneeded things to the community.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

TimDate: Wednesday, 20.02.2013, 23:03 | Message # 32
Explorer
Group: Users
Belgium
That already happens through addons right? That way you're not obligated to update to what others add.

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 20.02.2013, 23:05 | Message # 33
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
What would be better in the future would be a simple plugin support allowing people to add their own stuff to the engine and sharing it that way, offing most of the unimportant unneeded things to the community.

I definitely agree. But this would probably not be until v1.0 or later, which is why I say that it won't happen anytime soon.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

VinnyDate: Sunday, 24.02.2013, 23:37 | Message # 34
Explorer
United States
Hi, guys!

I got a feature request for space engine: is accelerating the spacecraft's velocity without having to hold the w key constantly like for example use the mouse wheel to increase to the desired velocity acceleration rate and use the Ctrl+Num+ keys to accelerate the spacecraft at the desired acceleration rate like 10 meters per second squared, 20 meters per second squared and so forth. Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 25.02.2013, 00:30 | Message # 35
Cosmic Curator
United States
Vinny, a thread for posting suggestions already exists here.

My SE mods and addons

VinnyDate: Monday, 25.02.2013, 00:48 | Message # 36
Explorer
United States
Hi, HarbingerDawn!

Oops! I didn't know The feature requests belongs in the general suggestions thread. Thanks for pointing that out!

Cheers,
Vincent

Timber72Date: Monday, 25.02.2013, 18:47 | Message # 37
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Quote (Kviki)
That's not exactly it. I meant dithering for overall gradient bands on the screen. You can see them on lens flares too.
And in the atmosphere, when you look up the sky from the surface of a planet.

Just came here to say, please please please fix this! Space engine is awesome, but the banding on the atmosphere is so distracting it pretty much ruins the experience.

neutronium76Date: Monday, 25.02.2013, 19:31 | Message # 38
World Builder
Greece
Quote (Timber72)
Just came here to say, please please please fix this! Space engine is awesome, but the banding on the atmosphere is so distracting it pretty much ruins the experience

Done:

A simple look at work progress thread would answer this request dry

Attachments: 2512501.png (84.7 Kb)

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 25.02.2013, 20:22 | Message # 39
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
The color banding fix is only for the land of planets. About atmospheres and clouds, there are also bands, but less visible.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

Fireinthehole-Date: Monday, 25.02.2013, 22:08 | Message # 40
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Better 3D-model of Mimas and new models/textures for Vesta. wink

Love Space Engine!

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 26.02.2013, 00:43 | Message # 41
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (neutronium76)
A simple look at work progress thread would answer this request

A simple look at the Work Progress thread would have shown you that that's NOT what he was talking about dry

Anyway Timber72, if you saw that then you probably also saw SpaceEngineer's response to it. So who knows what can be done about it. But banding artifacts on skies like that are just a fact of life in most if not all programs. It would be nice if it weren't there, but you may just have to live with it.

Quote (Fireinthehole)
Better 3D-model of Mimas and new models/textures for Vesta.

If you want to make a better Mimas model that'd be great.

The problem with Vesta is that the Dawn team was not publicly releasing all of their data (unlike most other teams), so we don't have access to enough information to make the appropriate maps. Unless someone wants to make a good 3D model of Vesta and then derive a height map from that model, then there's nothing that can be done about it.

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Tuesday, 26.02.2013, 00:46

Fireinthehole-Date: Tuesday, 26.02.2013, 00:50 | Message # 42
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
If you want to make a better Mimas model that'd be great.

The problem with Vesta is that the Dawn team was not publicly releasing all of their data (unlike most other teams), so we don't have access to enough information to make the appropriate maps. Unless someone wants to make a good 3D model of Vesta and then derive a height map from that model, then there's nothing that can be done about it.

There are actually pretty good models of both Mimas and Vesta (as far as I can see!), but they are made for Celestia. Made by som guy called "Gaskell" I think.

They come with a normal map and put together they look very nice.

Love Space Engine!

Edited by Fireinthehole - Tuesday, 26.02.2013, 00:58

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 26.02.2013, 01:46 | Message # 43
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Fireinthehole)
There are actually pretty good models of both Mimas and Vesta (as far as I can see!), but they are made for Celestia.

SE can't use 3D models for planets, only height maps, so someone would have to derive a height map from those models. SE can not currently use normal maps from texture files.

My SE mods and addons

l33t_n00bDate: Saturday, 02.03.2013, 16:45 | Message # 44
Observer
Group: Newbies
Slovenia
It would also be cool if when you land on a planet you'd see (depending on the temperature) what kind of liquids are there (water,methane..) and I was also thinking some random events that would occur whilst you would travel through space for example: supernovas, stars getting destroyed by black holes, comets/ asteroids would hit planets etc. And it might also be cool if you'd be able to trigger these events and see what would happen.

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 02.03.2013, 17:01 | Message # 45
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (l33t_n00b)
It would also be cool if when you land on a planet you'd see (depending on the temperature) what kind of liquids are there (water,methane..)

Planets already have liquids, and you can easily tell what kind by the class of world that it is. Oceanias and terras have water, titans have hydrocarbons.

Quote (l33t_n00b)
I was also thinking some random events that would occur whilst you would travel through space for example: supernovas, stars getting destroyed by black holes, comets/ asteroids would hit planets etc.

See the To-Do List.

My SE mods and addons

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » General suggestions (Post your suggestions here.)
Search: