ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Suggestions for the Name of the SE Game (What should the game based on SE be called?)
Suggestions for the Name of the SE Game
WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 13.09.2016, 19:28 | Message # 226
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
There's nothing wrong with leaving it as is. smile Actually there had been some discussion on that and there were several points in favor of doing so.

Bells_TheoremDate: Wednesday, 14.09.2016, 23:25 | Message # 227
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Quote khaos526 ()
What's wrong with just leaving the name as it is currently? Or maybe just adding "Infinite" in there somewhere to really show the infinite structure of the engine?

Well technically it is not infinite, but certainly a better name than "Space Engine: Technically Not Infinite But Might As Well Be With How Much Time You Have Left In Your Life To Try And Explore It All - the game"

WatsisnameDate: Thursday, 15.09.2016, 01:10 | Message # 228
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
I like that name, let's go with that.

khaos526Date: Friday, 16.09.2016, 13:34 | Message # 229
Observer
United States
"Space Engine: Technically Not Infinite But Might As Well Be With How Much Time You Have Left In Your Life To Try And Explore It All - the game"

Might be a cool acronym, or on the other hand, maybe not...

quarior14Date: Monday, 26.09.2016, 15:18 | Message # 230
World Builder
Pirate
I've thought about this : Space Engine : The songs of a distant space

Inspired by the novel of Arthur C. Clarke (The Songs of a Distant Earth), I think the title matches the transmitted waves of celestial bodies (planets, stars, ...) and see from these signals, signals of eventual inhabitants who are trying to release is another advanced civilization. And for those who made the colonies, as in the novel, that their home planet/satellit was destroyed and it became a legend.
And because most distant asters are spaced by light years.

Of course, necessary that the scenario of the game is as close to the title, such as in the novel, you are on a colony and you must expand because your mother planet has been destroyed by the nova of star mother would be like concepte, otherwise, you have added a section scenario and we can choose the scenarios already defined or customized.

Quarior

Edited by quarior14 - Monday, 26.09.2016, 15:20

sclarinvalDate: Sunday, 02.10.2016, 17:07 | Message # 231
Astronaut
Pirate
It seems that most people pretty much agree that the name should stay the same. But I disagree. Here are my reasonings:

1. It sounds very similar to "SpaceEngineers". I've suggested SpaceEngine to multiple people, and each time they've asked me "SpaceEngineers?".

2. It sounds almost geeky, for lack of a better word. If people interpret the word Engine to mean a game engine, which I think most people would, it wouldn't really make them want to try it out all that much, because they'd just assume that it was meant for developers or something.

3. It's not easy to remember - It's not particularly memorable. A one-word name, like "Aurora", would be so much easier to remember. And to me, it sounds so much better as well. As a side note, I don't think it would be a good idea to change the name to something longer than it already it.

Edited by sclarinval - Sunday, 02.10.2016, 17:08

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 02.10.2016, 18:02 | Message # 232
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Maybe the opening post should occasionally be read by the people who post in this thread.
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
As most of you probably know, SpaceEngineer plans to eventually develop a game based on SE when the engine is completed. Naturally, this game will need a name.

This thread is not about a change of the name of 'SpaceEngine'.

The reason for this thread is to find a name for the game that is eventually created with 'SpaceEngine'.

Quote sclarinval ()
1. It sounds very similar to "SpaceEngineers". I've suggested SpaceEngine to multiple people, and each time they've asked me "SpaceEngineers?".
Perhaps the name of 'SpaceEngineers' should be changed?
SpaceEngine was there before SpaceEngineers!

Quote sclarinval ()
It's not easy to remember - It's not particularly memorable.
????

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Sunday, 02.10.2016, 18:03

sclarinvalDate: Sunday, 02.10.2016, 18:20 | Message # 233
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote JackDole ()
Perhaps the name of 'SpaceEngineers' should be changed?
SpaceEngine was there before SpaceEngineers!

I see you're point, but that's not exactly a viable solution, is it? smile

Quote JackDole ()
????

What I mean by this, is that if I just mentioned it to a friend, by the time thatu'd gotten home and decided to look up what I'd mentioned, don't you think they'd be more likely to remember "Aurora" than SpaceEngine?

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 02.10.2016, 19:22 | Message # 234
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Okay, I am speaking only for myself.
But I never had problems, to remember the term 'SpaceEngine'.
Although I usually can not very well remember names.

In my view, the term 'Aurora' is not an option. There is already a 'Aurora Engine'. For the game 'Neverwinter Nights'. And 'Witcher 1'.

Don't forget to look here.

sclarinvalDate: Sunday, 02.10.2016, 20:22 | Message # 235
Astronaut
Pirate
I didn't mean for myself - As I said in the example, if I told someone about SpaceEngine, and THEY go home to look it up, THEY'd be more likely to remember the name Aurora than SpaceEngine. xD

And that's too bad that Aurora would not work, but still, a one word name in general would be great.

DrLegitAstronautDate: Sunday, 02.10.2016, 20:32 | Message # 236
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
AMS Corp.

wTf

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Suggestions for the Name of the SE Game (What should the game based on SE be called?)
Search: