ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Video game thread
TalismanDate: Thursday, 30.08.2012, 18:59 | Message # 31
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
I recently purchased Dark Souls for the PC and I'm playing it using the Keyboard so it's pretty though. There's also this other game called Space Engine I play it quite a bit too. cool

KSP is also an amazing game I waste a lot of time on. Also happen to play League of Legends a lot.

Quote (Antza2)
do any of you guys play Minecraft?

I did, but I guess I got pretty bored of it. I also play some BF3 and MW3 to satisfy my pure player verses player comptetive thirst.

Anyways, my steam/league name is Talismanx.

Edited by Talisman - Thursday, 30.08.2012, 21:04

KvikiDate: Thursday, 30.08.2012, 20:37 | Message # 32
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
Here's what I mostly play:

-Flight Simulator X
-League of Legends
-Portal 2
-Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
-Project Zomboid

Also I've recently finished Broken Sword 4 (worst game in the whole BS series) and Broken Sword 3.
Now I'm on BS 2. I'll skip the first one (finished it about 5 times already) smile

Edited by Kviki - Thursday, 30.08.2012, 20:38

anonymousgamerDate: Thursday, 30.08.2012, 22:42 | Message # 33
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
About my Steam username: my Avatar is an Avatar from Avatar. Eating a pop tart.

Oh and I play Minecraft too, but mostly singleplayer.

Also you'll commonly find me playing TF2 weekends.

and i play some KSP... dem rockets

and UT2004. though i dont play online.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

Edited by anonymousgamer - Thursday, 30.08.2012, 22:53

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 31.08.2012, 06:40 | Message # 34
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
I sometimes play SC with my friend from Moscow using Hamachi for VPN.

SpaceEngineer, I've just tried Tunngle as Antza2 suggested, and it's great, much better than Hamachi. You should use it too smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Antza2Date: Friday, 31.08.2012, 07:18 | Message # 35
World Builder
Finland
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
SpaceEngineer, I've just tried Tunngle as Antza2 suggested, and it's great, much better than Hamachi. You should use it too

We are having a match of Age of Empires 2 later. Feel free to join, SpaceEngineer cool

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

werdnaforeverDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 16:49 | Message # 36
World Builder
Pirate
On the PC: I'm into the Half-life series myself... I can't wait for HL3 (not episode 3. It's been 5 years, people. It's HL3 or nothing at this point) and Black Mesa Source. I'm also excited for the full recreation of HL2 on the Source 2 engine which is bound to be released in 2027 or later.

I love Crysis. Crysis 2 had it's strengths, but it just wasn't the same. NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) was amazing. Nitronic Rush was pretty cool; it's free too!

I have a PS Vita right now. I had pre-ordered it with a 4GB memory card, wipEout 2048 (RIP Studio Liverpool) and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. From the PS Store, I purchased Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs attack, and Puddle. All of those games were great. I'm hoping to pre-order NFS: Most Wanted for the Vita- it looks promising.

I use Orbiter, but it's not really a game... neither is SpaceEngine and Flight Simulator X... they are simulators, and there's a difference!

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 17:16 | Message # 37
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
I use Orbiter, but it's not really a game... neither is SpaceEngine and Flight Simulator X... they are simulators, and there's a difference!

Amen to that!

Quote (werdnaforever)
I love Crysis. Crysis 2 had it's strengths, but it just wasn't the same.

I agree. Being set in New York City certainly didn't help in my opinion. It felt much more linear and generic than Crysis did, and without all the pretty scenery. I also was peeved at the lack of customization options compared to the first game (I miss my female suit voice sad )

My SE mods and addons

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 17:31 | Message # 38
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
I also was peeved at the lack of customization options compared to the first game (I miss my female suit voice sad )

They made it into a garbage console game. I highly disliked crysis 2, especially the holding down a button to use a suit power or having to upgrade the suit.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 17:40 | Message # 39
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
They made it into a garbage console game.

An alarmingly common problem in the industry these days.

My SE mods and addons

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 17:47 | Message # 40
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
An alarmingly common problem in the industry these days.

It wouldn't be a problem if they made games for the PC and then scaled them back for the consoles. This whole make a terribly limited game and then port it to a nearly unlimited platform to squeeze some extra money out system is terrible for advancing games. If developers had been focusing on PC I suspect games would look better, if not photo realistic by now, even on the consoles albeit low resolution.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 17:58 | Message # 41
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
It wouldn't be a problem if they made games for the PC and then scaled them back for the consoles. This whole make a terribly limited game and then port it to a nearly unlimited platform to squeeze some extra money out system is terrible for advancing games. If developers had been focusing on PC I suspect games would look better, if not photo realistic by now, even on the consoles albeit low resolution.

Unfortunately, they find it easier to just make console games and then just port them to PC dry

My SE mods and addons

anonymousgamerDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 18:54 | Message # 42
World Builder
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
I have a PS Vita right now.

I had a PS Vita, but a couple months after I got it (I got it release day) it was stolen.

Quote (werdnaforever)
wipEout 2048

That game was amazing, it was also my first WipEout game. I was one of the worlds best racers (won nearly every multiplayer race by miles, got the #8 fastest time in the world on one track and close to the top #10 on all the others (A class speed)). Of course, not anymore angry

Quote (werdnaforever)
I can't wait for HL3

Look on the bright side, the longer the wait, the more polished the game will be. I also heard that they are developing Source 2, but I'm not sure...

Quote (werdnaforever)
I love Crysis. Crysis 2 had it's strengths, but it just wasn't the same.

Crysis and Crysis 2 both had their strengths and weaknesses. I enjoyed both, although I was expecting a more graphical push in Crysis 2. Crysis 3 looks very promising, though...

Anyways... anyone play DC Universe Online?

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

Edited by anonymousgamer - Saturday, 01.09.2012, 18:57

werdnaforeverDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 20:29 | Message # 43
World Builder
Pirate
What really bothered me about Crysis 2 was the Nanosuit. Crysis had different modes- three different settings you could use for as long as you wanted, each optimized for a specific purpose: speed, strength, and durability. You could switch modes as you pleased- this allowed for strategic usage of each mode as you moved through a level. What is important is that the modes were actually modes, not specific abilities. They enhanced your abilities: In all the modes you could run, punch, jump, etc- modes just change how well you can do those things.

In Crysis 2, the suit has been simplified. They took the modes of the Nanosuit 1 and merged them together- this ruins it. Everything has been reduced to abilities- armor is a temporary advantage, and speed and strength have been reduced to the status of normal movement. Now, Crysis 2 does have unlock-able upgrades for the suit, but upgradable doesn't mean flexible. Your abilities are now fixed during gameplay. You can't alter anything!

Also, the Nanosuit 2.0 just seems weaker. Maybe it's just me, but in Crysis 1 was always able to take lots of damage in a chaotic scenario; I can't say the same for Crysis 2. Finally (this will sound weird) I'm one of those people who still think CryEngine 2 is just a better engine. An example: fire in Crysis 2 is a joke- a bad one.

As for Crysis 3? I don't know. I hate the Nanosuit 2.0 (not sure if I mentioned that yet smile ), but the environments look bigger. I can only hope they give us an open world of some kind. In Crysis 1, you cover a huge amount of territory throughout the course of the game. Compare that to Crysis 2 and 3, where you run around NYC.

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 20:47 | Message # 44
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
I can only hope they give us an open world of some kind. In Crysis 1, you cover a huge amount of territory throughout the course of the game.

Best thing about Crysis 1 IMO. Huge world with few boundaries, and many ways to approach a situation.

My SE mods and addons

anonymousgamerDate: Saturday, 01.09.2012, 20:49 | Message # 45
World Builder
United States
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Best thing about Crysis 1 IMO. Huge world with few boundaries, and many ways to approach a situation.

Cryengine 3 from Crysis 2 could handle open world a lot better than Cryengine 2. But the gameplay was linear. At least there were still options...

Quote (werdnaforever)
I'm one of those people who still think CryEngine 2 is just a better engine. An example: fire in Crysis 2 is a joke- a bad one.

You are obviously uneducated about the two game engines. CryEngine 3 is vastly superior to CryEngine 2. CryEngine 3 had much better performance in open world scenarios, DX11 tessellation, particle shadows, much better post-process filters, much much more interactive and realistic water, and much better destruction (better than Frostbite 2). The reason why it seems that CryEngine 2 is better is because of the gameplay design for Crysis 2. If they wanted Crysis 2 to be in a jungle island environment it would blow Crysis 1 out of the water. And your comment about fire is invalid because fire is just a texture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_C--ufuOHo Open world and foilage done better than Crysis 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwu5Sthxzc&feature=related Crysis 1 with CryEngine 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5jUfe5jKk8 CryEngine 3, now a vehicle simulator.

Edited by anonymousgamer - Saturday, 01.09.2012, 21:06

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Search: