ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Conspiracy Theories
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 28.09.2016, 02:21 | Message # 661
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Watsisname ()
Earth is definitely not about to be destroyed

So long and thanks for all the fish

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

n0b0dyDate: Monday, 03.10.2016, 08:16 | Message # 662
Explorer
Group: Users
Pirate
And Silver Surfer (white-bluish actually) visits earth (again):

spacerDate: Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 03:22 | Message # 663
Star Engineer
Israel
i have looked at recent mars image from curiosity for fun and found that:

better res here: http://i.imgur.com/7VlonKB.png

probably just dead pixel or camera problem smile

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

Edited by spacer - Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 03:29

MosfetDate: Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 11:29 | Message # 664
World Builder
Italy
Quote spacer ()

lol you embedded the same image so it took ages to load the page
or... NWO took control of your computer.

I'll stick with the latter. biggrin

Edit:
Judging by smaller debris right in front of it, and the stratification of rocks surrounding the area, I'd say it's perfectly normal to have such a shape, also that we have a limited point of view. It would be good to change perspective a bit.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Wednesday, 19.10.2016, 17:49

HornblowerDate: Friday, 21.10.2016, 03:41 | Message # 665
World Builder
United States
Here's a mind blowing one!

Either BTTF2 really predicted the future, or it was the reason why the Islamic Terrorists struck the twin towers on 9/11. The second is probably more true. That bring up another point, when someone says someone/something "predicted" the future, then the future moment if reference was probably inspired my it. In other words, if the prediction wasn't made, it probably wouldn't have happened. Thanks Back to the Future!

spacerDate: Friday, 21.10.2016, 04:40 | Message # 666
Star Engineer
Israel
well you can say it about other shows as well:

-carl sagan

MosfetDate: Friday, 21.10.2016, 11:59 | Message # 667
World Builder
Italy
eh, I'd like to see the original transmission for those references.
Also, for what we know it could be a reference to the 1974 movie "The Towering Inferno", 3 Oscars and 2 Golden Globes in 1975.

Douglas N. Adams
My mods

steeljaw354Date: Friday, 21.10.2016, 23:27 | Message # 668
World Builder
Pirate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2VlrgMQFF0

WatsisnameDate: Saturday, 22.10.2016, 01:10 | Message # 669
Galaxy Architect
United States
Out of curiosity for the stories people have of 9/11, how many saw the 9/11 events live as they happened, or were closely affected by it?

I was in high school at the time, in Arlington just a few miles from the Pentagon where one of the planes hit. Of course, it took a bit of time for the realization of what was going on to become to clear that morning. We had been hearing the spreading rumor in the halls between classes, first it was that a helicopter had hit the Trade Center... and then it progressively got weirder and weirder. None of us were thinking terrorism. Finally I got to my theatre arts class and I asked my teacher to turn on the news to see what was going on first hand. I'll never forget the instant we turned on the television was when the first tower started collapsing (not a replay). Unreal.

midtskogenDate: Saturday, 22.10.2016, 07:47 | Message # 670
Star Engineer
Norway
It was towards the end of the work day here. I didn't have TV access, but had a live stock feed, which somewhat indirectly but quite instantly indicated the seriousness as the events unfolded.

When the towers collapsed, I recalled a visit to WTC a few years earlier. During the visit I wasn't so much marvelling at what it takes to erect such a building, but more at how that building would be torn down when the time came. I got the answer, but not quite what I had been expecting.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

spacerDate: Saturday, 22.10.2016, 09:13 | Message # 671
Star Engineer
Israel
and i was a 1.2 years old baby. i think i only heard of it when i was 5-10. cant remember

-carl sagan

Edited by spacer - Saturday, 22.10.2016, 09:13

MosfetDate: Saturday, 22.10.2016, 13:59 | Message # 672
World Builder
Italy
I was driving my car, searching for a parking place in a city nearby, when I heard the news on the radio of the first impact. By the time of the second impact I was watching TV. Since I knew a friend of mine was used to stop by at the towers rather frequently, I was freaking out. Fortunately he was elsewhere that day.

Douglas N. Adams
My mods

AerospacefagDate: Sunday, 23.10.2016, 10:30 | Message # 673
Pioneer
Russian Federation
For you who aren't very keen about history of this goddamn planet, you may as well check some other events that happened 11 September. Namely, about 30 years before that.

WatsisnameDate: Sunday, 23.10.2016, 10:56 | Message # 674
Galaxy Architect
United States
Feel free to talk about what you were doing or how you were affected on that day in 1973, too. Not too many of us were alive or old enough to remember. Or feel free to talk about other things that have happened on an 11th of September. Why not the battle of Zenta? That was a pretty important one in world history, too.

midtskogenDate: Sunday, 23.10.2016, 10:57 | Message # 675
Star Engineer
Norway
Quote Aerospacefag ()
For you who aren't very keen about history of this goddamn planet, you may as well check some other events that happened 11 September. Namely, about 30 years before that.

11 September according to Wikipedia:

1968 – Air France Flight 1611 crashes off Nice, France, killing 89 passengers and six crew.
1970 – The Dawson's Field hijackers release 88 of their hostages. The remaining hostages, mostly Jews and Israeli citizens, are held until September 25.
1973 – A coup in Chile headed by General Augusto Pinochet topples the democratically elected president Salvador Allende. Pinochet exercises dictatorial power until ousted in a referendum in 1988, staying in power until 1990.
1974 – Eastern Air Lines Flight 212 crashes in Charlotte, North Carolina, killing 69 passengers and two crew.
1976 – A bomb planted by a Croatian terrorist, Zvonko Bušić, is found at New York's Grand Central Terminal; one NYPD officer is killed trying to defuse it.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Search: