ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Official Addons (Textures, catalogs, models)
Official Addons
apenpaapDate: Tuesday, 12.01.2016, 17:02 | Message # 151
World Builder
Group: Users
Antarctica
I think the confusion might be due to the fact that the SE Mars is a bit low-contrast compared to the photos of Mars you often see. Try coming closer to the surface; Mars's elevation map (especially the add-on one) is really cool, especially in Noctis Labyrinthus and Valles Marinaris.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

PanMDate: Thursday, 04.08.2016, 09:30 | Message # 152
Observer
Poland
Great addons!

n0b0dyDate: Friday, 19.08.2016, 17:11 | Message # 153
Explorer
Pirate
Hi, I don't know where to post this and I don't know if it warrants a thread creation but it is somehow related to the official addons.

So I downloaded the HD and ultra solar system packs and been seeding them for a few days from an older machine running vista x 64 SP2.

Yesterday I went to check how many gigs I have uploaded and the computer was behaving very slowly. Mouse clicks were taking ages to complete as well as windows to open. So I checked task manager and 98-99 % of my RAM was being used! but I checked the Processes and no process was consuming that much memory so I couldn't make sense out of it. I have 6 gigs of RAM on this machine. Using latest version of μTorrent.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I really want to help with the distribution of these wonderful SE texture packages.

MosfetDate: Saturday, 20.08.2016, 15:30 | Message # 154
World Builder
Italy
Quote n0b0dy ()
no process was consuming that much memory

It doesn't have to be necessarily a single process, it could actually be the sum of two or three processes, as it is usually.
Check what are the processes using most of the memory, if they are pertaining to some Windows service, well, vista isn't exactly cheap on RAM use. See if there are windows updates available.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

n0b0dyDate: Saturday, 20.08.2016, 18:13 | Message # 155
Explorer
Pirate
Quote Mosfet ()
It doesn't have to be necessarily a single process

If I sum up all processes, memory consumption is around 1 - 1.5 gigs. But it is the μTorrent client to blame. Even though the specific process associated with the client, reports a few hundred KBs of RAM consumption, it actually must be consuming much more. When I exit μTorrent, memory is freed almost instantly. Probably a memory leak. Vista is up to date btw. I also found that running the torrent client as admin helps a little bit - memory usage builds up at a slower rate. When it reaches ~80% I quit the client and restart it.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Official Addons (Textures, catalogs, models)
Search: