ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » [Community Addon] Star Wars planet systems (0.9.7.2) (A Star Wars galaxy addon you can contribute to!)
[Community Addon] Star Wars planet systems (0.9.7.2)
RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 17.01.2015, 10:47 | Message # 1
World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
This is an open community addon (= an addon everyone who wants to, can help make) which aims to recreate a Star Wars galaxy, with various planet systems in it. The addon uses only procedural textures, except for 2 planets. Texture credits below.

Because there are so many Star Wars planet systems, I have decided to make this a community addon. The addon will periodically be updated to include new Star Wars systems and bugfixes. Also, please report any bugs in the addon (there will likely be) here!

If there is a Star Wars planet system you would like to add, simply post its catalog script, that you have made in a reply. Systems created by you are more than welcome!

I have been working on a Star Wars addon since 0.9.7.0, but have never released one. With the addition of night-side lights and lava (Coruscant, Mustafar!) I found this an excellent time to release. The Galaxy (catalog), Alderaan, Tatooine, Yavin and Hoth were originally made by Toty, so credit goes to him, not me for that!

The Star Wars galaxy uses the 'Ancient Milky Way' galaxy model posted by Voekoevaka (because it resembles the Star Wars galaxy as seen in galaxy maps best).

I eventually added lots of other systems. However, when doing that, I did not add random systems from the Expanded Universe (this is for later).

I began with the most 'notable' systems, which are the ones from the Wikipedia list of SW planets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_planets_and_moons.

After that, I will start making planets of the more comprehensive Wookiepedia lists, such as http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_planets_A. All systems are made by me unless otherwise noted. Also, note that I have not only included the planets listed but also the rest of their systems.

Download (latest, 17. jan 2015)

Remember to follow the included readme for installation instructions!
NOTE:

If you have added the lines provided below to universe.cfg but none of the addon locations can be found in your SE, you have done something wrong. Try downloading an example universe.cfg, by clicking here to see how to do it right, but keep in mind this file may be outdated and if you have already installed other catalog addons in universe.cfg you have to make a backup copy of the file in another folder! And do not forget to rename the downloaded file to universe.cfg

Screenshots
Note that some screenshots use a custom clouds shader by DoctorOfSpace and Rodrigo, downloadable here.

Included planets
For now this is the list of included planet systems:

• Alderaan (by Toty)
  • Anoat
  • Ansion
  • Bespin
  • Bogden
  • Boz Pity
  • Cato Neimoidia
  • Corellia
  • Coruscant
  • Dagobah
  • Dantooine
  • Endor + Forest moon of
  • Felucia
  • Geonosis
  • Hoth (by Toty)
  • Iego
  • Kamino
  • Kashyyyk
  • Malastare
  • Mustafar
  • Mygeeto
  • Tatooine (by Toty)
  • Yavin (includes all moons, made by Toty)

Planets to be made:
  • Naboo
  • Ohma-D'un
  • Saleucami
  • Utapau
  • Alphabetical list of Star Wars planets from Wookiepedia (starting there, at A)
  • Any other system you'd like! Just post them below, and I will add them to the list and addon.

Textures:

• Coruscant day+night texture is from an Orbiter addon, made by rodrigo, who is also on this forum! Link: http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1901
  • Mustafar texture is currently a quick Venus map edit by me, it's not very good but it serves as a placeholder texture until I or someone else can find a suitable procedural lava planet and export it.
  • All other planets use 100% procedural textures.

Latest config lines for universe.cfg:
    These are the config-lines for universe.cfg
    You must add them to universe.cfg (found in folder 'config') or the planets and stars will not show up!

If you liked this addon, I recommend you download HarbingerDawn's Star Wars Imperial ship pack here or my own Imperial Ship Pack II here.

Attachments: 9274715.jpg (170.6 Kb) · 9243569.jpg (198.8 Kb) · 8705611.jpg (77.5 Kb) · 1804291.jpg (147.1 Kb) · 9949807.jpg (105.4 Kb) · 2686489.jpg (104.5 Kb) · 7577791.jpg (97.5 Kb) · 8439886.jpg (139.2 Kb) · 9745312.jpg (133.1 Kb) · 9322204.jpg (153.5 Kb)

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

Edited by RockoRocks - Friday, 23.01.2015, 16:09
  •  
    ProteusDate: Saturday, 17.01.2015, 11:01 | Message # 2
    Explorer
    United States

Stargate38Date: Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:07 | Message # 3
    Astronaut
    United States
    Glitch:

Look at how hot Tralus is!

Attachments: 9341819.jpg (149.2 Kb)

Edited by Stargate38 - Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:09

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:35 | Message # 4
    World Builder
    Belgium
    Yes, I've noticed this before. And this is because Tralus doesn't have many parametres filled in, so it generates lava on the planet, makking it much hotter (most catalogs were designed for the previous version when this could not happen). I will post a fix as soon as I can. Does anyone know how to disable lava from generating on planets?

Also, Talus seems to be having some surface brightness issue that I can't seem to get around, but this wasn't a problem in 0.9.7.1. Anyone can help? Code is:

Anyways, to make things easier, a lot of planets are exported planets from previous versions, and not all of these look very good in newest version, so planets like these may have their code replaced entirely with a neat exported Terra with life or something.

Edited by RockoRocks - Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:37

RodrigoDate: Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:36 | Message # 5
    Explorer
    Group: Local Moderators
    Brazil
    hahah, you found my very old addon for orbiter. *Emperor's voice* --GOOD---
    So, this substitutes the milky way or it's a completely different galaxy?

RockoRocksDate: Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:41 | Message # 6
    World Builder
    Belgium
    Rodrigo, it's a completely different galaxy, because Star Wars takes place in a different unspecified galaxy ("in a galaxy far, far away..."). Another reason I use a different galaxy instead of replacing the Milky Way is so you can still visit old places in the Milky Way (modifying the galaxy model would make you unable to find any previously found locations!)

I'd like to thank you for the Coruscant texture too, as it was the best one I could find anywhere...

Edited by RockoRocks - Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:45

spacerDate: Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:41 | Message # 7
    Star Engineer
    Israel
    finally! biggrin thank you toty and rockorocks! and for all that worked on that (and i dont know who they are!):) i will download when i will buy new pc! for now i just cant land on planets with this pc and the fps is 10 even if i am in the darkness of space! dry

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
    -carl sagan

-space engine photographer

Edited by spacer - Saturday, 17.01.2015, 22:46

SpaceHopperDate: Monday, 19.01.2015, 03:48 | Message # 8
    Explorer
    United States
    Can someone please add Zonama Sekot? (You know, that would also make a cool spaceship, seeing as it is a living planet capable of hyperspace travel...)

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
    Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
    Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

pedrosuraDate: Wednesday, 21.01.2015, 19:58 | Message # 9
    Observer
    United States
    I love this addon. The only problem is that it is not working for me. I merged the files, added the lines from above in the universe.cfg file and also added the lines in the Model.cfg file. When I go to SE , I can not find any of the planets by name or the galaxy. "Star Wars galaxy"?. I am probably doing something really dumb. Any ideas?

RockoRocksDate: Thursday, 22.01.2015, 15:45 | Message # 10
    World Builder
    Belgium
    pedrosura, I'm not sure what could be causing this. Could you please post your universe.cfg file? I might be able to see if you did anything wrong.

pedrosuraDate: Friday, 23.01.2015, 05:40 | Message # 11
    Observer
    United States
    Here is my universe.cfg file attached...
    Attachments: universe.cfg (10.8 Kb)

RockoRocksDate: Friday, 23.01.2015, 16:03 | Message # 12
    World Builder
    Belgium
    pedrosura, I see the problem. I'm sorry for being a bit unclear on this, the config lines must not go below, they must be added a long with the default lines. I have added my own universe.cfg, with the lines added correctly, which you may want to try.

I've also added the file as an example to the OP.

Note that it has no other catalogs added besides this addon, so if you had already have catalogs addons installed there remember to make a backup copy of your universe.cfg in a different folder!

NOTE: you will have to rename the attached file to 'universe.cfg', current filename will not work.

Attachments: 8266357.cfg (10.5 Kb)

Edited by RockoRocks - Friday, 23.01.2015, 16:04

pedrosuraDate: Friday, 23.01.2015, 18:51 | Message # 13
    Observer
    United States
    It worked!. It's fantastic! great job!!! Thank you for your help!

TuskinDate: Monday, 26.01.2015, 20:56 | Message # 14
    Space Pilot
    Canada
    Great addon. Though Alderaan could use some snow capped mountains.

Edit: Oh i see them now

Why does Kamino have rings?

Edited by Tuskin - Monday, 26.01.2015, 21:49

SpaceHopperDate: Monday, 26.01.2015, 23:47 | Message # 15
    Explorer
    United States
    There's an error with the Mygeeto system. The star type shows up as "ERROR". And Mustafar's system has no planets. Can you please fix this?

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
    Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
    Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » [Community Addon] Star Wars planet systems (0.9.7.2) (A Star Wars galaxy addon you can contribute to!)
    Search: