ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » [Community Addon] Star Wars planet systems (0.9.7.2) (A Star Wars galaxy addon you can contribute to!)
[Community Addon] Star Wars planet systems (0.9.7.2)
OrgymeyerDate: Sunday, 01.02.2015, 22:53 | Message # 16
Observer
Group: Users
Canada
Quote SpaceHopper ()
There's an error with the Mygeeto system. The star type shows up as "ERROR". And Mustafar's system has no planets. Can you please fix this?

I'm also noticing this error, and more, when i go to the console (to enter my UFO cheat!) I see the following text

Code
ERROR: "catalogs/catalogsSW.pak/planets/Malastare.sc" line 388: Closing bracket '}' missed in the tag 'Planet'

Could be why we're missing planets and the whole Mygeeto Star issue could also be related too!

Stargate38Date: Sunday, 01.02.2015, 23:16 | Message # 17
Astronaut
United States
Geonosis and Tatooine should only be 1 parsec from each other, but they're thousands of parsecs apart. Here's a map to show where each planet is: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:MainGalaxy.png

Also, the twin suns of Tatooine have different orbital periods about the barycenter (physically impossible).

Can you please add Sullust and Toydaria?

Edited by Stargate38 - Sunday, 01.02.2015, 23:24

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 02.02.2015, 12:18 | Message # 18
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote SpaceHopper ()
Can you please fix this?

Quote Stargate38 ()
Geonosis and Tatooine should only be 1 parsec from each other, but they're thousands of parsecs apart.

Quote Stargate38 ()
Can you please add Sullust and Toydaria?

This is a community addon and these sorts of multi-system addons take a lot of time and effort to get right. If you really want to help it would be more beneficial for you to start learning how to do these things and actually supplying these fixes/adjustments rather than asking for them.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

pedrosuraDate: Thursday, 12.02.2015, 23:28 | Message # 19
Observer
United States
I want to separate the suns in Tatooine. Is the best way to substitute the Tatoo system is export it , edit and add it in the universe.sc file?

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 26.05.2015, 00:30 | Message # 20
Pioneer
United States
I noticed an issue when I added the SW systems just now. As soon I installed the addon and copypasta'd the universe.cfg info from the spoiler, all my planets disappeared. I opened up the console, and it showed me a single error with the scripts, (a second one was on my end with my own systems, which I was able to fix). The planet "Allmittal" in Malastare.sc was missing the closing bracket for its rings. When I fixed it, all my planets came back. smile (EDIT: It was the same issue mentioned in previous posts.)

Here's the fixed script file. All that is needed is to install it to the MAIN catalogs\planets folder. If it doesn't exist yet on your system, create the folder.

Hope this helps. smile

Attachments: Malastare.zip (2.0 Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 26.05.2015, 00:36

alin_alexandruDate: Tuesday, 30.06.2015, 21:17 | Message # 21
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
hello,I have followed all the steps to install this mod but i have a question:when i go in the game how can i find all the planets from the mod?

RockoRocksDate: Tuesday, 30.06.2015, 21:44 | Message # 22
World Builder
Belgium
alin_alexandru, you simply click the search icon in the left bar or press F3 as you would search any other object. If the planets, stars and galaxy from the addon do not display, please let me know, and I'll see if I can help.

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

alin_alexandruDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 09:27 | Message # 23
Observer
Pirate
Yeah that's what i did,but if I search for example for Coruscant it gives me other planets that start with the letter ''c'' but not this planet.I've searched for all the planets from the mod but non of them show in search.Any suggestions?

RockoRocksDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 14:41 | Message # 24
World Builder
Belgium
alin_alexandru, check whether you have followed the installation instructions properly and all files are in the correct folders. Have you added the required text to universe.cfg?

alin_alexandruDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 16:23 | Message # 25
Observer
Pirate
RockoRocks, yes I did,I even reinstalled the game and did it again but the problem is still there.Here is my univers.cfg and as you can see the text is there
Attachments: 9292366.cfg (10.6 Kb)

Edited by alin_alexandru - Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 16:24

RockoRocksDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 20:00 | Message # 26
World Builder
Belgium
Okay so this is a problem that's been reported about 2 times so far on my addons, and I apologise for being so unclear about this. You don't literally copy and paste the text from the .txt file at the end of universe.cfg, you place it below other catalog files for planets and galaxies. A good example of an Universe.cfg file would be the following:

alin_alexandruDate: Wednesday, 01.07.2015, 20:52 | Message # 27
Observer
Pirate
RockoRocks, Thank you that solved the problem.

quarior14Date: Saturday, 16.01.2016, 20:34 | Message # 28
World Builder
Pirate
Is it normal in the Kamino system, Mira, a type of planet Selenia two stars revolving around it where they are further than another planet revolving around Kamino, one giant red Mira A and a white dwarf Mira B.

Attachments: 0666077.jpg (73.2 Kb)

Quarior

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 14.02.2016, 09:52 | Message # 29
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
For people who have problems with the Star Wars addon, for example when trying to play along with other add-ons; or when they realize that some planets or what systems are missing:

This could be because the file 'Malastare.sc' in 'CatalogsSW.pak' is faulty. It is missing a closing parenthesis. Objects that are loaded after such an error will not show up correctly.

I attach a corrected file. Rename it to Malastare.sc and put it in catalogs\planets.

Attachments: Malastare_new.sc (7.8 Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 19.02.2016, 15:20 | Message # 30
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Tatooine is too cold and the stars are a bit too close and Kamino is completely broken. Seems like most of the planets are way too cold.

We should probably compile a complete list of issues for 0.9.7.4 so this addon can be updated. Atmospheric composition should probably also be updated, even if it is guess work. We can assume most planets in Star Wars are pretty much Earth clones or slight variations of Earth's atmosphere.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » [Community Addon] Star Wars planet systems (0.9.7.2) (A Star Wars galaxy addon you can contribute to!)
Search: