ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Music I've enjoyed while using SpaceEngine
Music I've enjoyed while using SpaceEngine
LucasVBDate: Friday, 23.01.2015, 18:38 | Message # 76
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Proteus, have you heard of Carbon Based Lifeforms? Their Hydroponic Garden and World of Sleepers albums are insane.

PC Specs: Asus Z87-Pro, I5-4670K @ 4.2Ghz, Gainward GTX 780 Phantom, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 2800Mhz 16GB (2x8GB) Gold, Corsair RM650 Gold, Corsair H80i.

Edited by LucasVB - Friday, 23.01.2015, 18:39

RockoRocksDate: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 12:05 | Message # 77
World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
Proteus, is that Carl Sagan's voice at 9:39? surprised

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

ProteusDate: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 20:17 | Message # 78
Explorer
United States

This is incredible for background ambience!! surprised

Edited by Proteus - Sunday, 25.01.2015, 20:24

genialityofevilDate: Wednesday, 28.01.2015, 21:08 | Message # 79
Observer
United Kingdom
So... the Cosmos soundtrack isn't too obvious, right?

Edited by genialityofevil - Wednesday, 28.01.2015, 21:12

n0b0dyDate: Monday, 09.03.2015, 18:05 | Message # 80
Explorer
Pirate
In general many M83 music pieces fit quite well with SE:

apenpaapDate: Sunday, 15.03.2015, 12:05 | Message # 81
World Builder
Antarctica
I've found Ayreon's The Universal Migrator part 2 works really well with SE. Its sweeping majesticness, as well as the fact that it's actually about the Big Bang and a journey through space makes it work very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcANEsoFCSM

Especially the track 'Into the Black Hole' is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK3d7_z4daM

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

CookiesofamericaDate: Friday, 03.04.2015, 17:19 | Message # 82
Observer
United States

solar fields works with everything.

ElectricalEelDate: Saturday, 09.05.2015, 09:59 | Message # 83
Space Tourist
Kuwait
I usually like to listen to quran recitations while playing space engine because they remind me how powerful allah is,while it will sound like gibberish to everyone but those who understand arabic but the reciter has an absolutely amazing voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st7kJaxngRk

This one speaks about how he creates the worlds and its name translates to "The Thunder"
the video is also translated for those who want to know what he is saying

hamrandy789Date: Sunday, 10.05.2015, 18:53 | Message # 84
Observer
Pirate
I certainly love Jonn Serrie, Astropilot, Carbon Based Lifeforms, H.U.V.A. Network, Aes Dana, etc. but that music basically has the same effect as the music already in Space Engine. If those artists aren't already in the game (which some are), they might as well be.

Other music I like:
Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon (Obviously)
Yes- Tales from Topographic Oceans
Hawkwind- Warrior on the Edge of Time
Ash Ra Tempel- Freak n' Roll and Jenseits(Join Inn)
My Brother the Wind- Once There Was a Time when Time and Space were One
Popol Vuh- Einsjäger und Siebenjäger
Tangerine Dream- Zeit
Brian Eno- Thursday Afternoon
Porcupine Tree- Moonloop
Lisa Gerrard- The Silver Tree
Hammock- Oblivion Hymns
Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble- Here Be Dragons
Lustmord- Black Star
Wolves in the Throne Room- Celestite

There are lots of others, but this is what popped into my head on the spot.

NolDate: Wednesday, 20.05.2015, 19:12 | Message # 85
Space Pilot
Germany
I like playing with the Interstellar Soundtrack in the Background. Especially "No Time for Caution" got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

"Eins - Hier kommt die Sonne
Zwei - Hier kommt die Sonne
Drei - Sie ist der hellste Stern von allen
Vier - Hier kommt die Sonne"

-Rammstein, Sonne, Mutter, 2001

quarior14Date: Monday, 15.06.2015, 09:15 | Message # 86
World Builder
Pirate
I listen music KSP (I found on Youtube), in addition, it's good for the mod KSP of RockoRocks. But one can put his own music in the music folder and edited the file context but it accepts ogg files ?

Quarior

Edited by quarior14 - Monday, 15.06.2015, 09:15

Brett001Date: Monday, 15.06.2015, 21:37 | Message # 87
Space Pilot
Hungary
Schiller - Night Flight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOYz407ASI

...and other Schiller tracks. smile Especially from "Die Einlassmusik" album series:

Die Einlassmusik 6

Edited by Brett001 - Monday, 15.06.2015, 21:39

YaceekDate: Sunday, 16.08.2015, 08:17 | Message # 88
Observer
Poland
I enjoy mostly music from engine itself. I absolutely LOVE Astropilot - A Drowning (SE Edit).
It calms me.. i drift in the black, cold space and it gets me thinking about universe and our existence. How tiny we are. How insignificant in comparison with whole universe. Our lives mean nothing to the Cosmos.
It boggles my mind how large it is. Light itself has to travel milions of years to reach some distant point of the universe and we can't even touch 1/1000 of a light speed. There are so many stars.. countless... and countless times more planets.
The Space Engine itself is an outstanding piece of software and who knows.. maybe one day we'll truly reach the stars.

InariusDate: Friday, 28.08.2015, 12:35 | Message # 89
Explorer
Group: Local Moderators
France
Recently, i have listened to Ukrainian post-rock, Endless Melancholy - Her Name In A Language Of Stars, which is quite similar sometimes to the current soundtrack of the game.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Friday, 28.08.2015, 22:50 | Message # 90
Pioneer
United States
Quote Yaceek ()
I enjoy mostly music from engine itself. I absolutely LOVE Astropilot - A Drowning (SE Edit).
It calms me.. i drift in the black, cold space and it gets me thinking about universe and our existence. How tiny we are. How insignificant in comparison with whole universe. Our lives mean nothing to the Cosmos.
It boggles my mind how large it is. Light itself has to travel milions of years to reach some distant point of the universe and we can't even touch 1/1000 of a light speed. There are so many stars.. countless... and countless times more planets.
The Space Engine itself is an outstanding piece of software and who knows.. maybe one day we'll truly reach the stars.

Agreed. As I flew SE more and more, Ashterra - Worlds Inside the Worlds (SE Edition) has become my fave, as I found it frequently being the song in my head while I slave away flipping burgers for the rest of my life. Every time I listen to that song, either in my head or in the game, it always evokes a "coming home" feeling, or even a "new discovery" feeling of a new life-terra. Visually, I imagine one slowly flying into a system, making a big, twisting loop as you approach Earth or even a new Earth 2.0 lifeterra, aligning yourself with the orbital plane of the system. Slowly approaching it as it gradually evolves from a point; to a fuzzy dot, and finally a crescent as you chase her through her orbit. Beautiful Earthly blue hues. Vibrant green landscapes. And Fuzzy white clouds marking her beauty marks. All amongst a backdrop of her moons and the stars behind her.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Friday, 28.08.2015, 22:52

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Music I've enjoyed while using SpaceEngine
Search: