ENG New site

Advanced search
[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
[Community Addon] Custom Universe
ShadowRaikouDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 05:09 | Message # 496
Astronaut
Group: Users
India
Messages: 53
Status: Offline
Quote Roswell ()
In Addons/planets doesn't work, I have something mistaken ?


Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's supposed to be Addons/catalogs/planets.
 
RoswellDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 06:01 | Message # 497
Pioneer
Group: Users
Canada
Messages: 500
Status: Offline
Quote ShadowRaikou ()
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's supposed to be Addons/catalogs/planets.


LOL I forgot to add "catalogs" I mean "addons/catalogs/planets" not "addons/planets".


Edited by Roswell - Sunday, 10.07.2016, 06:01
 
BambusmanDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 09:27 | Message # 498
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
Messages: 408
Status: Offline
i'm going to work on a few more nebulas any suggestion, request? (no real objects)

Edited by Bambusman - Sunday, 10.07.2016, 09:27
 
ShadowRaikouDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 09:31 | Message # 499
Astronaut
Group: Users
India
Messages: 53
Status: Offline
Quote Bambusman ()
i'm going to work on a few more nebulas any suggestion, request? (no real objects)


Perhaps something with the color scheme of the Mutara Nebula from Star Trek 2?
 
JackDoleDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 10:21 | Message # 500
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Messages: 1742
Status: Offline
I have updated the script for the procedural Sol system, so that also the clouds are generated procedurally.

There can be no assurance that always the same result is produced. This may be dependent on other installed addons.

For example, it should not be used together with other add-ons that change the solar system.

The green spots on Io may possibly be caused by my Space Station (JDOneWheelRC3.pak). I have no idea why!

With:


Without the Space Station:


Oddly enough, this happens only in my Steam installation. In my default installation in which I have dozens of other add-ons, that does not happen!


Quote Roswell ()
In Addons/planets doesn't work, I have something mistaken ?

If you talk about my script for a procedural solar system:
If you did it in 'addons\catalogs\planets', it should work. As it does for me, and apparently also for other people!

And, as I said, it should not be used together with other addons that change the solar system.

Attachments: 7317199.jpg (375.7 Kb) · 8090408.jpg (333.3 Kb)





Don't forget to look here.

 
ShadowRaikouDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 11:06 | Message # 501
Astronaut
Group: Users
India
Messages: 53
Status: Offline
JackDole, Is there a way to get your Procedural Solar System as a separate star? I tend to do this with addons that change the SS, like the Solar System 3000 or the Solar System 5 billion years one.
 
JackDoleDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 13:19 | Message # 502
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Messages: 1742
Status: Offline
An (almost) totally procedurally generated Sol system at another location.
(200 parsecs from here.)



ShadowRaikou,
I have set before all names a 'P.'.
Although actually only required for planets with moons, I did it with all planets and moons.
And I used only the common names. Names like 'Jupiter IV' or '(136108) Haumea' I have removed.
Of course, it lacks all the small moons and asteroids that are not in the SolarSys.sc.

Only tested with SE 0.974 RC3.

Attachments: 8326749.jpg (374.9 Kb) · TPSol.sc (0.2 Kb) · TPSolSys.sc (30.0 Kb)





Don't forget to look here.



Edited by JackDole - Sunday, 10.07.2016, 13:32
 
ShadowRaikouDate: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 13:42 | Message # 503
Astronaut
Group: Users
India
Messages: 53
Status: Offline
JackDole, Wow, thanks. I just like to have the real system there without reloading is all. biggrin
 
steeljaw354Date: Sunday, 10.07.2016, 14:39 | Message # 504
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 862
Status: Offline
That is even more amazing than the first one, so I don't have to remove the actual solar system to do it.
To make it even more procedural can you somehow do a procedural system with procedural orbits but still have it look like the solar system with another type of star? (Same planet order)


Edited by steeljaw354 - Sunday, 10.07.2016, 14:47
 
OstariskDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 01:12 | Message # 505
Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 451
Status: Offline
My system is going to have a HUGE update soon.




Attachments: 7669106.jpg (88.0 Kb) · 0275897.jpg (70.9 Kb) · 8249234.jpg (90.3 Kb) · 9233893.jpg (131.1 Kb)






My mods
 
OstariskDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 01:25 | Message # 506
Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Messages: 451
Status: Offline
More screens from the system:





Attachments: 9171725.jpg (133.0 Kb) · 9950594.jpg (87.0 Kb) · 3461551.jpg (84.8 Kb) · 2059873.jpg (66.3 Kb) · 7180753.jpg (50.2 Kb)






My mods
 
JackDoleDate: Monday, 11.07.2016, 08:14 | Message # 507
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Messages: 1742
Status: Offline
P2.Earth - a 'K1 V' star as sun. 300 parsecs from home ...
A bit cold, because I have not changed the distance to the sun.




Attachments: 1604353.jpg (303.1 Kb) · 8475198.jpg (397.3 Kb) · TPSolV2.sc (0.2 Kb) · TPSolSysV2.sc (17.4 Kb)





Don't forget to look here.

 
steeljaw354Date: Monday, 11.07.2016, 13:10 | Message # 508
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Messages: 862
Status: Offline
Nice! I think you should somehow make a pak file for these, with orbits moved and masses proportional to the star. Like if the star has a mass of 1.5 suns you would scale mass up on every major planet and moon by 50%. And vice versa.
P3= Red dwarf
P4= F main sequence
P5= A main sequence
P6= 0 main sequence


Edited by steeljaw354 - Monday, 11.07.2016, 13:13
 
RoswellDate: Tuesday, 12.07.2016, 21:15 | Message # 509
Pioneer
Group: Users
Canada
Messages: 500
Status: Offline
I have great new, I created a new solar system called Exonasystem. All starnames who contain "system" at the and of the starnames, put in addons/catalogs/stars. all planets names puts in addons/catalogs/planets.


Attachments: Exonasystem.zip (9.9 Kb) · 6076975.jpg (254.6 Kb)


Edited by Roswell - Tuesday, 12.07.2016, 21:16
 
simonecinque1992Date: Wednesday, 13.07.2016, 17:32 | Message # 510
Pioneer
Group: Users
Italy
Messages: 470
Status: Offline
I'm working on a yet another custom system:




It's called "Lisgaro System"

Attachments: 9091479.jpg (180.5 Kb) · 4166423.jpg (180.9 Kb) · 6589608.jpg (174.3 Kb)





My Mods and Addons

Packard Bell
Windows 10 Pro
Intel® Celeron® CPU 1000M @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
4 GB
64 bit Operative System
 
Search: