ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Interface Improvments (A place for design, layout, or other UI related suggestions)
Interface Improvments
sclarinvalDate: Saturday, 20.08.2016, 04:29 | Message # 1
Astronaut
Group: Users
Pirate
I while ago I posted a suggestion (Here it is) for how to improve the look of the interface. I also created a video of this new interface in action:

(After I posted this video, I dedided to change some things. For one, there needs to be a time control button on the side panel. The "center on screen" button should actually be a "go to" button, and the look of said button should be changed to match up with the rest of the interface, as I did in the screenshot.)

Here is a screenshot:

Anyway, I figured that some other people might have suggestions for ways the interface could be improved, so if you do just drop them here! smile

Edited by sclarinval - Sunday, 21.08.2016, 15:41

arturuniverseDate: Saturday, 20.08.2016, 17:54 | Message # 2
Astronaut
Pirate
I loved the new interface,Iv'e always been focused on changing the main menu, but the interface is very dofferent.
I think i can do something, just gimme some screenshots and information about the object.

We all have an end, but we choose and create that end by ourselves.

RedRuinDate: Sunday, 21.08.2016, 04:21 | Message # 3
Space Tourist
United States
This actually looks really solid. I assume the arrow on the top left box would open a window with more information?

sclarinvalDate: Sunday, 21.08.2016, 04:24 | Message # 4
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote RedRuin ()
This actually looks really solid. I assume the arrow on the top left box would open a window with more information?

Thanks! And yes, that's correct. You can go to the YouTube video I linked to if you like, I described everything there in more detail. smile

arbelrocksDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 01:22 | Message # 5
Space Tourist
Pirate
In my opinion you should add some more bars instead of tucking away the time control, graphics settings, display settings, orbit/marker/display object settings, and lighting into the gear.

sclarinvalDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 01:51 | Message # 6
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote arbelrocks ()
In my opinion you should add some more bars instead of tucking away the time control, graphics settings, display settings, orbit/marker/display object settings, and lighting into the gear.

Time control, I realize, should have been in it, yes. I think there should be a button in the side bar, clicking it would expand it to the right to show all the time controls. Maybe I'll make a mockup of that sometime. But really, how often do you use the other options? Anyway, they would only be one click away - Clicking on the gear icon would simply expand the side bar to show every control. It's just one more click for those features which aren't used a whole lot, and it would make everything a lot cleaner. smile

Tac1017Date: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 01:54 | Message # 7
Explorer
United States
Two words: Love it!

The Terra Hunter of the Milky Way!

(By the way, I was born in 2001, NOT 1972 XD)

sclarinvalDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 01:56 | Message # 8
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote Tac1017 ()
Two words: Love it!
Thanks! biggrin

Forum » SpaceEngine » Feedback and Suggestions » Interface Improvments (A place for design, layout, or other UI related suggestions)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: