ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » My game suddenly crashed and now it crashes when loading!
My game suddenly crashed and now it crashes when loading!
ZefnolyDate: Saturday, 30.07.2016, 11:38 | Message # 1
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Pirate
I need help! My installation is 0.974 patch 08. I tried to use the side by side 3D when it suddenly crashed! When i tried to launch it again after that it started crashing when reaching the part of the loading "Generator textures". Now i cant even get into it. I also had some systems i made myself which i dont want to loose. And i cant see how i can implement those systems in the latest update.
I really want this installation saved because i cant find a download for it anymore.

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

abyssoftDate: Saturday, 30.07.2016, 18:21 | Message # 2
Space Tourist
United States
Patch 08 is obsolete please 0.9.8.0 has been release, although so mirrors have 0.9.7.4 RC3 which is also better then patch 08

ZefnolyDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 19:23 | Message # 3
Space Tourist
Pirate
Quote abyssoft ()
Patch 08 is obsolete please 0.9.8.0 has been release, although so mirrors have 0.9.7.4 RC3 which is also better then patch 08

My problem is that i cant find out how to add in the solar system i edited for the program. I made my own system with those text files which im stil working on. But now im stuck because i cant find a way to add it in the later release.

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 21:01 | Message # 4
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Zefnoly,
There is now the folder 'SpaceEngine\addons'. For add-ons.
In a new installation it contains no subfolders. The subfolders you need to create, if necessary.

For a script for a 'Star' or 'StarBarycenter', the folder 'addons\catalogs\stars'.
For a star system (planets, etc.) you need the folder 'addons\catalogs\planets'.

That is, all the catalog scripts belong in the folder 'addons\catalogs'. and depending on the type in a respective subfolder.

Planet textures belong to the folder 'addons\textures\planets'.

The 'universe.cfg' no longer exists. Just drop the scripts into the appropriate folders. Done.

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Sunday, 31.07.2016, 21:02

ZefnolyDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 22:40 | Message # 5
Space Tourist
Pirate
Thank you @JackDole! This seems improved than before "making it easier". The only thing that held me back from using later versions was that i didn't know it was changed that way.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » My game suddenly crashed and now it crashes when loading!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: