ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Taking a screenshot (in my Samsung monitor)
Taking a screenshot
isdebeslDate: Sunday, 26.07.2015, 14:30 | Message # 1
Space Pilot
Group: Users
Indonesia
My samsung monitor has game mode on it, so it can enhance the quality of the screen just like reshade.
This video will explain about game mode in samsung monitor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_79iC9fIDFI
The problem is, i want to share some photos of my discoveries to Image Dump, but, i don't think you guys can see any effects in this image:

So, how do i take a screenshot with game mode on in my samsung monitor?

Attachments: 4689639.jpg (123.5 Kb)

Edited by isdebesl - Sunday, 26.07.2015, 14:33

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 26.07.2015, 14:59 | Message # 2
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
All it does is tweak the color and levels on the display, it's not "enhancing the quality". You can easily make the same tweaks in any full-featured image editor in seconds.

And no, there is not a way to capture images as they appear on your monitor, you can only capture what your graphics chip outputs.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

isdebeslDate: Monday, 27.07.2015, 06:11 | Message # 3
Space Pilot
Indonesia
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
All it does is tweak the color and levels on the display, it's not "enhancing the quality". You can easily make the same tweaks in any full-featured image editor in seconds.

And no, there is not a way to capture images as they appear on your monitor, you can only capture what your graphics chip outputs.

Oh thx for answer!

kotoniznaDate: Friday, 26.08.2016, 10:00 | Message # 4
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Hi! I am relatively new to SE and to this forum as well that i can't start a new thread at the moment. I am on imac 5k bootcamp on windows 10, SE is performing decently on my system but i experienced some crashes but not an issue at all. I played with the graphics settings and tried the capacity of my computer's memory.

Today I just realised that i cant do the command+shit+4 screen shot like in OSX and my only option to take screenshot is by fn+F11 on mac keyboard. I don't know if im missing something but everytime i hit screen shot (fn+F11) i am getting a continues multiple screen shot until I exit the game. I have no idea at all how to stop it from taking screenshots plus the quality of the photos im getting is something like this------>

I only did fn+f11 once but I got 68 negative screenshots lmao !

Attachments: 0453202.png (1.45 Mb)

Edited by kotonizna - Friday, 26.08.2016, 11:20

MosfetDate: Friday, 26.08.2016, 10:34 | Message # 5
World Builder
Italy
according to the apple support website, when using bootcamp there are several key combinations to emulate windows keys.

The issue could be the fact that standard F11 capture key in SE, which you correctly used with Fn+F11, is awkwardly similar to the Windows Print Screen (Stamp) combination, which is Fn+Shift+F11.
I wouldn't be surprised if this could generate a conflict.
Try changing the Capture key in SE with another key or combination to your liking:
When in Space Engine, hit F8 key, this will bring you the Controls window. There you may map both screenshot actions to other keys.

Then try again to capture something, I hope it works.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

kotoniznaDate: Friday, 26.08.2016, 11:45 | Message # 6
Observer
Pirate
Thank you!
Attachments: 2782844.jpg (228.5 Kb)

teaiceshift2Date: Thursday, 10.11.2016, 16:20 | Message # 7
Observer
Pirate
help i read the faq and guide, maybe i missed it. How to view spaceship? i press 2 for spacecraft mode, still i never see it.

MosfetDate: Thursday, 10.11.2016, 16:30 | Message # 8
World Builder
Italy
2 key enable spacecraft mode movement for the camera. Once you "build" the spacecraft from the Spacecraft Manager menu, you'll control the spacecraft by hitting "4" key.
Check this guide, http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/14-3469-1 it tells more or less what you need to know about flight.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Taking a screenshot (in my Samsung monitor)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: