ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » READ THIS BEFORE REPORTING ISSUES (Otherwise your post may be moved without warning.)
READ THIS BEFORE REPORTING ISSUES
SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 29.01.2014, 10:51 | Message # 1
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
The SpaceEngine forum gets flooded with a lot of small threads. New users like to create new threads asking one small question. They get one or two replies, and the thread becomes dead. But that small dead thread still exists and interferes with navigation on the forum. The most flooded forum section is Troubleshooting and Solutions - currently it has 202 (!!!) threads, 95% of which are small, unnecessary and dead.

I remind you, any questions about problems running SE, bugs and other issues MUST be asked in this thread:

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3

Every new thread asking about bugs or other issues will be IMMEDIATELY merged with the main troubleshooting thread, without warning. So if your question disappears, go to the troubleshooting thread and search for it there.

snowballpudiDate: Thursday, 24.07.2014, 11:56 | Message # 2
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
why do the star i'm approaching briefly blink out then appear.

Billy_MayesDate: Thursday, 24.07.2014, 12:50 | Message # 3
Pioneer
Finland
Quote snowballpudi ()
hy do the star i'm approaching briefly blink out then appear.

snowballpudi, you don't ask questions in this thread, click the link above, then post it there.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Quad-Core - AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB VRAM - 4GB RAM - 1680x1050 75 Hz Samsung screen

ProteusDate: Thursday, 24.07.2014, 15:22 | Message # 4
Explorer
United States
I apologize if I don't quite understand here, but what is the difference between a troubleshooting question that goes in the main thread and one that can have it's own? If all of them go into the main thread, then I'm not sure what the point is for the forum section itself. Most forums I visit encourage separate threads for these kinds of things since they are easier to organize (into sub categories for example), and easier to search through with the forum search system. In any case, I'm apparently not aware of the reasons behind the way the rules here work, so thanks for any clarifications. smile

BlueDracheDate: Monday, 28.07.2014, 17:03 | Message # 5
Space Pilot
United States
I'm in the same boat as Proteus. This is the only forum I've ever been on that requests/requires troubleshooting requests to be put into a single thread that's extremely difficult to search.

TrucidarDate: Wednesday, 26.11.2014, 05:21 | Message # 6
Observer
Group: Newbies
Canada
The Troubleshooting link is broken.

WatsisnameDate: Wednesday, 26.11.2014, 05:49 | Message # 7
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Thanks for the note; fixed.

angab06Date: Thursday, 12.02.2015, 15:05 | Message # 8
Observer
Pirate
Hello, I have a problem: I installed the new update yesterday (0.9.7.2) and i clicked open Space Engine, but it doesn't open. I have been waiting over more than an hour. Any suggestions?

MosfetDate: Thursday, 12.02.2015, 15:54 | Message # 9
World Builder
Italy
You posted in the wrong thread, but please check here:
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/4-2615-1
if anything applies to your current pc specifications and issues

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

SpacefaringPotatoDate: Tuesday, 28.07.2015, 18:22 | Message # 10
Observer
United States
Hey, I just recently downloaded space enigne, but whenever i try to go to certain places within our solar system, it crashes. anyone have a solution for this?

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 28.07.2015, 21:29 | Message # 11
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
SpacefaringPotato, you should have posted in the troubleshooting thread, like this thread says to, and like the rules say to, and posted your log file.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

knightakDate: Wednesday, 29.07.2015, 03:02 | Message # 12
Observer
Australia
angab06

I found starting the game using "Run as Administrator" worked for me.

parameciumkidDate: Wednesday, 29.07.2015, 06:33 | Message # 13
Explorer
United States
My suggestion is to do what a lot of forums seem to think is forbidden: delete them. When some noob makes his or her own thread to complain about a known issue, have a moderator either merge it into the existing thread or delete it, then send the noob a PM explaining that failure to read the forum rules will lead to a ban. This can of course be a form letter or copypasted from an announcement thread such as this.
Just my 2¢ wink

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

FastFourierTransformDate: Wednesday, 29.07.2015, 10:27 | Message # 14
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Quote parameciumkid ()
My suggestion

I think that would be the ideal, but this forum has a small crew of hard working moderators that can't do all of that continuously. In fact they where recruiting more if I correctly remember

finnplay65Date: Thursday, 20.10.2016, 10:50 | Message # 15
Observer
Pirate
hey, i am having this bug here... i dont know too mutch of english so i dont know how to fix it, can anybody explain?

Thats is earth... i think

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » READ THIS BEFORE REPORTING ISSUES (Otherwise your post may be moved without warning.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: