ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Show off your work (Show off interesting projects you've created...)
Show off your work
Antza2Date: Thursday, 27.09.2012, 06:34 | Message # 31
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Quote (Voekoevaka)
I don't meet any snake when I go walking in the nature...

It's actually not a snake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anguis_fragilis
I have seen only two of those ever. They are pretty rare.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Antza2Date: Sunday, 30.09.2012, 14:23 | Message # 32
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/opvitunwblfucg8/_gxaRAPeNa
Updated folder.
I managed to snap few pictures of a sleeping bat smile

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Edited by Antza2 - Sunday, 30.09.2012, 14:24

werdnaforeverDate: Monday, 01.10.2012, 00:05 | Message # 33
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Quote (Voekoevaka)
werdnaforever, what about importing your models in SE ?

I've tried importing something from SketchUp and it wasn't quite working- I haven't thought of using Bryce to do so yet, so I think I'll try it.

Quote (CyberItalian)
hard deal there.

i also have bryce, and do lots with that (buggy) programm, but its exporting algorythms always made the works un-workable on any other programms (3Ds max for one).

btw, here is one of my works:

my bryce tends to take on VERY long rendering times when making complex scenes or simply using too detailed objects/textures, not to mention, as it can be seen, it tends to render shadowed areas very blurry, which ruin most of the effect.

That pyramid looks great! The foreground looks a little strange, but everything else blends together nicely.
Long can mean hours or days... how long are we talking about?
Are you using soft shadows? What kind of anti-aliasing are you using (normal, fine art, premium, etc.)?
I never really exported my models from Bryce, as I never really had to. As I said, I'll see if it works for me.

EDIT: I almost forgot about Hexagon, which I will try after Bryce. I downloaded it for free, and DAZ 3D is still offering Bryce 7.1 Pro and Hexagon 2.5 for free-I don't know if this is for good; I thought it was a limited time promotion. Maybe new versions are on the way.

Edited by werdnaforever - Monday, 01.10.2012, 04:20

CyberItalianDate: Monday, 01.10.2012, 19:05 | Message # 34
Astronaut
Italy
Quote (werdnaforever)
Long can mean hours or days... how long are we talking about?

the longest i was about to render said 2 weeks and 4 days O_o
so iscaled down resolution and it got down to a more affordable 2 hours.

Quote (werdnaforever)
Are you using soft shadows? What kind of anti-aliasing are you using (normal, fine art, premium, etc.)?

Nope, and generally i try not to overload AA above normal right because of this.

Quote (werdnaforever)
I never really exported my models from Bryce, as I never really had to. As I said, I'll see if it works for me.

Well i once tried to, and 3ds max kept saying (with any file i had exported from bryce) "File corrupt or damaged.", which is why i eventually ended up giving up.

I, not too long ago, got offered trought deviantArt to partake in a MMO dev project, but i ended up to refuse.
Mainly because this year i have statal exams, but also because the MMO would have been based off the unreal engine, which is WAY mor complex than the geometry that bryce can work with (well, it could, but if export features don't work properly....).

SalvoDate: Monday, 01.10.2012, 21:03 | Message # 35
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
I made a Wallpaper using SE biggrin

Attachments: 9543204.jpg (200.9 Kb)

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Monday, 01.10.2012, 21:03

werdnaforeverDate: Tuesday, 02.10.2012, 04:09 | Message # 36
World Builder
Pirate
I tried exporting one of my models (from sketchup) using bryce to OBJ format (as I mentioned in another thread), and it worked; the problem is that the model was re-sized to a smaller scale. I suppose Bryce isn't fond of 80.64 km space stations.

Quote (Salvo)
I made a Wallpaper using SE biggrin

Cool. Aside from S.E., what did you use for the border/window and the text?

VoekoevakaDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 09:48 | Message # 37
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
I'm also a fan of fractal art, and I'm often playing with equations of the complex plane.

These are pictures of the Mandelbrot set :

To obtain such images, for each pixel, you have to associate a complex number c. After, you create for each pixel a sequence z(n) with z(0)=c. Then you iterate z(n+1)=z(n)²+c. The color of the pixel represent the smaller n when |z|<2. This algorithm, called the "escape time algorithm" is very classical to generate fractal images (except the third one).

Julia sets are differents : the parameter c is the same for each pixel, so you study the iterations of a simple polynom z²+c. With c=-1, it gives :

The fixed points are (1+V5)/2 and (1-V5)/2 (solutions of z=z²-1, in blue), and the cycle is {0,-1} (because 0²-1=-1 and (-1)²-1=0, in green).

These images are generated with Xaos.

An other algorithm I like is the "inverse Julia plotting", that can reveal details that are invisible with traditionnal methods.

These sets are generated with this equation : z(n+1)=z(n)^(3/2)+c
But, if you compute these with the "escape time algorithm", the number of values will double each iteration, because z^(3/2) is a Multivalued Function, and if you insert branch cuts, the Julia set will dissapear.

Attachments: 1957078.jpg (142.1 Kb) · 5863061.jpg (157.1 Kb) · 5372050.jpg (203.9 Kb) · 7923948.jpg (83.7 Kb) · 0331939.jpg (21.7 Kb) · 4884870.jpg (7.8 Kb)

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

werdnaforeverDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 14:07 | Message # 38
World Builder
Pirate
Quote Voekoevaka
An other algorithm I like is the "inverse Julia plotting", that can reveal details that are invisible with traditionnal methods.

These sets are generated with this equation : z(n+1)=z(n)^(3/2)+c
But, if you compute these with the "escape time algorithm", the number of values will double each iteration, because z^(3/2) is a Multivalued Function, and if you insert branch cuts, the Julia set will dissapear.

The bottom animation is intriguing!

I recently posted a huge update to one of my projects. Independent Ring Colony is kind of like a cross between Space Station V and a Stanford Torus. I had stopped work on it as I felt there wasn't enough room for what I wanted, and decided to peruse a much larger version* (with a 40km radius). Eventually, the model for this larger version became too complex to continue working on, so I decided to see what more I could do with I.R.C., and the rest is history.

*I called this larger one "Factorial Colony" since I used factorial numbers as a basis for some of it's dimensions. Modeling the hollow shape of the entire colony was a piece of cake- the real challenge was creating the internal detail. I created a separate model consisting only of a small section of F.C.'s ring, and before I knew it my computer was lagging more than an ENIAC trying to run Crysis- and I had barely even scratched the surface of what I wanted to accomplish. It's going to be years before I ever finish it... I bring up F.C. only because it's the model I recently tried to import into Space Engine.

Attachments: 3282514.png (391.0 Kb)

Edited by werdnaforever - Monday, 25.05.2015, 16:57

AerospacefagDate: Wednesday, 10.10.2012, 22:40 | Message # 39
Pioneer
Russian Federation
Recently I've been working on some gameplay montages on my current favorite game "Neotokyo", and just today I finished and uploaded latest video. Enjoy!

Edited by Aerospacefag - Wednesday, 10.10.2012, 22:40

VoekoevakaDate: Wednesday, 10.10.2012, 23:17 | Message # 40
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Quote (werdnaforever)
The bottom animation is intriguing!

Made with Mathematica.
Try this code :
Code
InvertList[zlist_] :=  
   Flatten[Map[
     Floor[1728 (# - c)^(1/3) {1, -1/2 + Sqrt[3] I/2, -1/2 -  
           Sqrt[3] I/2}]/1728 &, zlist], 1];
c = 0.127991 + 0.779095 I; zlist =  
  Nest[InvertList, {0}, 8]; zlist2 = zlist;
While[zlist2 =!= {}, zlist2 = Complement[InvertList[zlist2], zlist];  
   zlist = Union[zlist2, zlist]];
ListPlot[{Re[#], Im[#]} & /@ zlist, PlotStyle -> PointSize[0.0005],  
  AspectRatio -> 1, Axes -> False]

Quote (werdnaforever)
I called this larger one "Factorial Colony" since I used factorial numbers as a basis for some of it's dimensions.

This is simple for the first ones : 1, 1, 2, 6...
But how can you do this with 720, 5040, 40320... ? The scale between these numbers is becomming huge !

Quote (werdnaforever)
I bring up F.C. only because it's the model I recently tried to import into Space Engine.

I wish you good luck.

And also, good videos, Aerospacefag. Good graphics.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

werdnaforeverDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 02:35 | Message # 41
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (Voekoevaka)
This is simple for the first ones : 1, 1, 2, 6...
But how can you do this with 720, 5040, 40320... ? The scale between these numbers is becomming huge !

The radius is 40,320m, and the width is around 5,040m. I think the height of the ring is 720m, but I forget, I'll take a look later. The very reason I chose factorials is because they become very large very fast.

Also, I thought factorials started like this: 1, 2, 6, 24, etc.
1 (1), 2 (1*2), 6(1*2*3), 24(1*2*3*4), etc. There's no reason for two 1s at the beginning of the sequence. These aren't Fibonacci numbers. smile

BlueMoonDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 05:10 | Message # 42
Observer
United States
Yes! I've been waiting for a thread like this (I didn't notice it at first)!

Here's some recent artwork that I did of one of my characters smile :

A fractal that I recently made:

Edited by BlueMoon - Thursday, 11.10.2012, 05:13

NeapolitanBoyDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 13:54 | Message # 43
Space Tourist
Italy
Congratulations, BlueMoon, I like your artwork!

Let me introduce you Karen, one of the female protagonists of my novel. She is on a tidally locked planet.

Attachments: 2592220.jpg (21.4 Kb)

BlueMoonDate: Saturday, 13.10.2012, 01:14 | Message # 44
Observer
United States
Quote (NeapolitanBoy)
Congratulations, BlueMoon, I like your artwork!

Let me introduce you Karen, one of the female protagonists of my novel. She is on a tidally locked planet.

Thank you! Your artwork is nice, too.

Here's something I did for someone:

Something else:

Edited by BlueMoon - Saturday, 13.10.2012, 07:23

werdnaforeverDate: Tuesday, 30.10.2012, 20:32 | Message # 45
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (BlueMoon)

Thank you! Your artwork is nice, too.

Here's something I did for someone:

Something else:

What program did you use?

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Show off your work (Show off interesting projects you've created...)
Search: