ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Show off your work (Show off interesting projects you've created...)
Show off your work
VoekoevakaDate: Tuesday, 21.08.2012, 21:37 | Message # 16
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
I'd like to post music here, but the attachements sizes are too short...

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 21.08.2012, 23:42 | Message # 17
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Voekoevaka)
I'd like to post music here, but the attachements sizes are too short...

Upload to an external file hosting website and link it here. We all really should do this for all files anyway, because the website will run out of space eventually. I prefer to use deviantArt's "Stash" to host small to medium sized files. Free 2 GB of storage, no obligations or conditions, and no software to install on your system. Just drag files from your folders into your browser to upload. All you need is a dA account (also free).

If you don't want to do that, then there are many other file hosting sites out there.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Tuesday, 21.08.2012, 23:46

VoekoevakaDate: Wednesday, 22.08.2012, 21:42 | Message # 18
World Builder
France
Here you can find one of my olds compositions. I will post some other of these later.

Enjoy !

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 22.08.2012, 21:47 | Message # 19
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Quote (Voekoevaka)
Here you can find one of my olds compositions. I will post some other of these later.

First the drawings and now this? You are awesome!
Not a fan of those drums in the end but otherwise a very nice composition. smile

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Edited by Antza2 - Wednesday, 22.08.2012, 21:49

VoekoevakaDate: Thursday, 23.08.2012, 21:42 | Message # 20
World Builder
France
As expected, a new composition.

matty406Date: Friday, 24.08.2012, 20:41 | Message # 21
Astronaut
Group: Users
United Kingdom
Nice Voekoevaka, you're a good traditional artist and a decent musician, I admire that.

I'm a bit of an artist but I've gone down a more linework-centric route, I kind of neglect shading skills and don't hone them at all which I should really fix.

I also do some fiddling in vectors but that's mostly logos and stuff like flags seen here. I did once do my own version of the Space Engine logo, but that's lost.

VoekoevakaDate: Saturday, 25.08.2012, 15:02 | Message # 22
World Builder
France
I love it !
What are the computer stuff used for the 2nd drawing ?
What does represent the flag ?

matty406Date: Saturday, 25.08.2012, 20:52 | Message # 23
Astronaut
United Kingdom
Thanks man, I scribbled the second with Wacom tablet on Photoshop CS5 in some spare time at college, as for the flag, it's just a little thing I did for personal use.

Edited by matty406 - Saturday, 25.08.2012, 20:54

SolarisDate: Sunday, 02.09.2012, 00:14 | Message # 24
World Builder
France
Voekoevaka, These drawing are awesome, the first one is reaally great ! cool
Really nice work, congrats !

werdnaforeverDate: Thursday, 13.09.2012, 00:58 | Message # 25
World Builder
Pirate
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I often think a 3D model is worth a thousand pictures. Posting images or a video walkthrough/tour of a 3D model is kind of like taking pictures/video of a sculpture. When it comes to computer artwork consisting of still images, I'm very reluctant because of a word that begins with "p" and ends with "lagiarism". Showing something off online is worlds different than showing it off printed on paper.

I've done lots of work in Art of Illusion, a free and open source 3D modeling/animation/rendering program, and Bryce 5, 6, and now 7.1.

I'm going to start with something I've done in Bryce. It was a graphic design project, and there's a long story behind it. The camera (a.k.a. you) is looking at a telescope, with two lenses refracting light. Directly behind the camera is an eyeball, and it's reflected in the glass lens of the telescope. Then there's the planet off in the distance which the telescope is pointing to.

In the scene, the planet is extremely far away, and it's really, really big. I did my best to proportion everything on the planet properly- the atmosphere, the clouds, even the small waves on the gigantic ocean spanning the planet (since I couldn't get the terrain to work the way I wanted) using Earth as a guideline. I didn't want to make something that looked like a planet: I wanted to create an actual planet! (Or as close as possible)

I made sure the ocean and air refracted light properly, and the clouds were a volumetric texture. It's really just a bunch of spheres- the ground, the ocean, the clouds, and two spheres for the atmosphere. The lighting was one of the trickiest parts. I went nuts trying to light it properly.

Finally, there's the rendering times, and this was one of the first things I did on my current computer (see my signature). Rendering small test images sure took a while, but the final 5100 by 5100 pixel image? Six days. More precisely, 6 days, 4 hours, 10 minutes, and 38 seconds (I took a screenshot of the render report), and that was without any anti-aliasing. Considering how much I went out of my way to avoid shortcuts, it's expected!

From an artist's perspective, it's worth it.

As for Art of Illusion, here's a little something I did. Anyone like jello?

I've played around with this for a while, and I've made some silly animations where the spoon moves the jello around. The original image was 4000 by 3000.
An explanation of a picture is as complicated as the image itself, and this post is proof.

That's enough for now. What do you guys think?

EDIT: The images here are gone because these things aren't on my website anymore

Edited by werdnaforever - Saturday, 16.01.2016, 06:04

VoekoevakaDate: Tuesday, 25.09.2012, 15:17 | Message # 26
World Builder
France
werdnaforever, what about importing your models in SE ?

CyberItalianDate: Tuesday, 25.09.2012, 19:41 | Message # 27
Astronaut
Italy
Quote (Voekoevaka)
werdnaforever, what about importing your models in SE ?

hard deal there.

i also have bryce, and do lots with that (buggy) programm, but its exporting algorythms always made the works un-workable on any other programms (3Ds max for one).

btw, here is one of my works:

my bryce tends to take on VERY long rendering times when making complex scenes or simply using too detailed objects/textures, not to mention, as it can be seen, it tends to render shadowed areas very blurry, which ruin most of the effect.

Edited by CyberItalian - Tuesday, 25.09.2012, 19:42

VoekoevakaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 20:56 | Message # 28
World Builder
France
You can find some of my new compositions here !

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 22:46 | Message # 29
World Builder
Finland
Here are some nature pics i have taken:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/opvitunwblfucg8/_gxaRAPeNa

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

VoekoevakaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 23:28 | Message # 30
World Builder
France
These picture are beautiful !

Infortunately, I don't meet any snake when I go walking in the nature...

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Show off your work (Show off interesting projects you've created...)
Search: