ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Unknown Sci-Fi Movies (Anyone have any ideas of what these movies are? ;x)
Unknown Sci-Fi Movies
CaiterzDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:16 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Users
United States
1.) Was a movie where I BELIEVE they were on mars and they find this underground set of seemingly creature-made caves in which they could breathe in there... and i THINK They were being chased around by monsters/aliens/something. The closest one I can find to it so far is Stranded (2001) but that movie doesnt have the scene that i remember most vividly, which is where they FIND the underground caves, sort of like this -> http://i50.tinypic.com/x26hlf.png

2.) A movie where a guy is going to space of SOME SORT and he's in a 1 person space ship.. it's flashing red... and this one person ends up at the end of the movie going to some weird galactic paradise on a beach with an ocean and lots of colorful space things in the sky. I BELIEVE he is in a space suit while on the beach.. and i THINK something happens like, an alien comes and tells him its okay to take the suit off, or.. something like that. Or perhaps he was hallucinating the whole thing. I really dont remember it was a LONG time ago.

It's similar to the one scene in contact where shes talking to her dad, and also similar to the ending of "the Quiet Earth" but it's not either of those!

It had to have been early 2000s or earlier, since it was a long time ago.. But it had decent filming.. so after 1970s.

I already saw the following and ruled them out: Mission to Mars, Red Planet, Star Trek 2, Total Recall, 2001 Space Odyssey

Any ideas are very appreciated <3 <3 thank you <3

-Cait-
-Girl Nerd ;3-

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:24 | Message # 2
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
1 = Pitch black?
2 = Contact? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8axMaBL4uo

(There is already a Sci-Fi movie thread. You could have asked there.)

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Edited by Antza2 - Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:28

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:31 | Message # 3
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Antza2)
2 = Contact?

Quote (Caiterz)
It's similar to the one scene in contact where shes talking to her dad, and also similar to the ending of "the Quiet Earth" but it's not either of those!

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:34 | Message # 4
World Builder
Finland
Gah! I need to start reading more carefully :P

smjjamesDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:50 | Message # 5
World Builder
United States
1. No clue. Sounds a bit like the Aliens movie though.

2. Sounds like an alternate ending for Space Odessey 2001.

@Antza: Pitch Black wasn't on mars and the atmosphere was breatheable from the start.

Edited by smjjames - Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:52

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:57 | Message # 6
World Builder
Finland
Quote (smjjames)
Pitch Black wasn't on mars and the atmosphere was breatheable from the start.

I know that it wasn't on Mars, but you could mistake it for Mars if you only have vague recollection of it. About the breathable atmosphere i agree.

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:58 | Message # 7
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (smjjames)
No clue. Sounds a bit like the Aliens movie though.

It doesn't sound anything like Aliens to me.

Quote (smjjames)
Sounds like an alternate ending for Space Odessey 2001

Caiterz has already ruled out 2001

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:10

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 14:59 | Message # 8
World Builder
Finland
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
He's already ruled out 2001

Not necessarily the alternate ending.

smjjamesDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:03 | Message # 9
World Builder
United States
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Quote (smjjames)
No clue. Sounds a bit like the Aliens movie though.

It doesn't sound anything like Aliens to me.

Then again, I don't think I've seen the aliens movie. #1 also ALMOST sounds like that Prometheus movie, but that one is too recent (which might be what that thought was based on).

Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Quote (smjjames)
Sounds like an alternate ending for Space Odessey 2001

He's already ruled out 2001

I know, I was just commenting that it sounds like an alternate ending for 2001.

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:06 | Message # 10
World Builder
Finland
Speaking of 2001, here is an excellent analysis of the Monilith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P95NWAHWLrc

Edited by Antza2 - Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:06

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:09 | Message # 11
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Antza2)
Not necessarily the alternate ending.

I was crediting Caiterz with enough intelligence to not exclude 2001 as a possibility if that was the case, as there would be (I presume) enough to tie the rest of the movie to that ending such that it would not be completely dismissed if it were a possibility.

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:09

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:12 | Message # 12
World Builder
Finland
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
I was crediting Caiterz with enough intelligence to not exclude 2001 as a possibility if that was the case, as there would be (I presume) enough to tie the rest of the movie to that ending such that it would not be completely dismissed if it were a possibility.

Maybe he just isn't aware of it. I didn't know about it until now.

smjjamesDate: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 15:16 | Message # 13
World Builder
United States
Quote (Antza2)
Quote (HarbingerDawn)

Maybe he just isn't aware of it. I didn't know about it until now.

I'm not referring to any specific alternate ending that I know of (though I'm sure there are fan created endings out there), just stating that it sounds like an alternate ending to 2001 if it had one.

matty406Date: Wednesday, 03.10.2012, 21:44 | Message # 14
Astronaut
United Kingdom
I did think it was Mission to Mars but you ruled that one out.
Are you able to describe the creatures in number 1? I remember a movie where a team was being chased by big swarms of crawling bug-like things, but it might not be the one.

CaiterzDate: Thursday, 04.10.2012, 00:23 | Message # 15
Observer
United States
1.) I actually found these forums through the sci-fi movie topic -> http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/23-926-1
...but i started a new topic, since how it wasnt a "favorite movie" it was "Im not sure which ones these are" xD

2.) I be a girl nerd :P ^^

3.) Pitch black has that red flashing beginning that i was thinking of.... and a martian-looking surface.. but i dont think its the right one. BUTTT.. it does look REALLY GOOD so i'll have to watch that one as well xD

4.) i did look at Space Odessey 2001 and its alternate ending, neither of those. My parents watched these obscure movies on HBO/Showtime, so im quite sure it wouldnt have an alternate ending on HBO.

5.) Definately not alien/s. It's not a mainstream movie.

6.) The creatures im not sure at all. It's possible they might have been invisible :z Since i dont remember what they are like at all.. I remember in it, they are going around corners.. which had a smooth surface.. One person was hurt, so they had to leave him slumped up against a wall. I remember they couldnt breathe on the surface... running out of air.. But they kept walking.. Then they found this cave-looking thing in the distance, illustrated here: http://u.to/R6ldAg... They went under there.... and either their sensors detected air and they took the helmets off, or they took the helmets off in desperation of wanting air.. (Dont remember)

BOTH Of these movies HAVE to be pre-2005, since thats the year my mom died, and it was definitely before then.

Thank you for your suggestions, as they are interesting movies to watch too biggrin (Pitch black looks really good)

7.) HarbingerDawn - omg your avatar. *dies in love* XD

-Cait-
-Girl Nerd ;3-

Edited by Caiterz - Thursday, 04.10.2012, 00:24

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Unknown Sci-Fi Movies (Anyone have any ideas of what these movies are? ;x)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: