ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » News and Announcements » SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3 release!
SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3 release!
n0b0dyDate: Friday, 17.04.2015, 15:59 | Message # 16
Explorer
Group: Users
Pirate

FireintheholeDate: Friday, 17.04.2015, 16:04 | Message # 17
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
That's great news! smile

Love SpaceEngine!

chisppDate: Friday, 17.04.2015, 17:00 | Message # 18
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Having issues with my Oculus DK2 running in Extended Mode.

I'm trying to run it full screen 1920 x 1080 @ 100 fps, and when I do Windows Key + right arrow to move the window to DK2, it crashes. I tried it Windowed mode, but it only goes to one eye (WIN+Right Arrow makes it go to other eye.)

I also tried the smaller resolutions, but same problem.

EDIT: Tried it in Direct Mode, and it works fine! But still having problems in Extended mode. Gonna use it in direct mode for now I guess.

Edited by chispp - Friday, 17.04.2015, 17:17

BluessunDate: Friday, 17.04.2015, 18:16 | Message # 19
Observer
Finland
I am really impressed with performance boost I got surprised I thought this old GTX480 cannot handle all this since 0971 was a bit slow and 0972 had sooo long loading times even with LOD 0. Now it's loading in few seconds with LOD 1 biggrin

BTW; I'm seeding 0972 torrent to help server load, don't know if that helps...

i7 860@3,3GHz, 8Gb RAM, GTX1070

RockoRocksDate: Friday, 17.04.2015, 18:48 | Message # 20
World Builder
Belgium
This release feels like such an improvement, and it runs smoother for me, despite my laptop not being particularly fit for gaming. Thanks so much SpaceEngineer, my upcoming KSP planets addon will look even better with this on.

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 17.04.2015, 20:46 | Message # 21
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Quontex ()
It seems "Normal" auto exposure is gone, I quite liked it taking planetary landscapes.

You can enable it back. Type in the console:
set AutoExposureMode 2

Quote chispp ()
I'm trying to run it full screen 1920 x 1080 @ 100 fps

DK2 screen frequency is 75 Hz.

Quote chispp ()
EDIT: Tried it in Direct Mode, and it works fine! But still having problems in Extended mode. Gonna use it in direct mode for now I guess.

Direct mode is 1000% better than the extended one. Latency is near zero (thanks to the time warp technology), all is very smooth, even if you GPU can't render at 75 fps.

Quote Bluessun ()

Can you attech the .torrent file? I will add it to the download page.

QuontexDate: Friday, 17.04.2015, 21:17 | Message # 22
Explorer
Australia
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
You can enable it back. Type in the console:
set AutoExposureMode 2

:O Thank you.

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 18.04.2015, 02:24 | Message # 23
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Bluessun ()
I thought this old GTX480 cannot handle all this

GTX 480 is not a bad card, I have it and it runs SE pretty well.

Quote Bluessun ()
even with LOD 0

LOD 0 is not very low... really you should not be using much more than this as a normal setting. Also, I think the LOD settings changed between versions, so LOD 0 in 0.972 and LOD 0 in 0.973 at not the same thing, so comparing them is useless.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()

Quote QuoteBluessun

Can you attech the .torrent file? I will add it to the download page.

Maybe he means seeding the existing torrent, not that he created a new one.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

parameciumkidDate: Saturday, 18.04.2015, 03:36 | Message # 24
Explorer
United States
OMG! A release, and it's been less than a year!!

(Just teasing SpaceEngineer. Take all the time you need wink )

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

BluessunDate: Saturday, 18.04.2015, 20:52 | Message # 25
Observer
Finland
I thought the one in here http://en.spaceengine.org/load/core/spaceengine0972/2-1-0-19 would do it? And now when I looked at my laptop, uTorrent is showing it red, not going out, sorry, kinda newbie on this... unsure

Any help is appreciated.

Still, Space Engine is amazing now smile

Harbinger, GTX480 is literally quite hot even today tongue But true, LOD between versions maby not comparable but still this 0973 is best by far on this heap of junk biggrin

Edited by Bluessun - Saturday, 18.04.2015, 20:56

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 18.04.2015, 21:19 | Message # 26
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Bluessun ()
uTorrent is showing it red

Are you sure you didn't move/delete the file? Try to force check it; if it's still red, relocate the file and point to it manually.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

BluessunDate: Saturday, 18.04.2015, 21:23 | Message # 27
Observer
Finland
It is moved from my desktop but it ran the the check, it is ok. AFAIK the porblem might be at either soft- of hardware firewall, looking in to it now. I really hope it's not my ISP...

EDIT: pocus One god damn digit false on my firewall did it... Works almost fine now, ISP is restricting P2P quite much, lots of connection errors and VERY slow.. (lot of bad words here)... Well, i'll be changing it anyway in few months...

Edited by Bluessun - Saturday, 18.04.2015, 22:11

Destructor1701Date: Sunday, 19.04.2015, 00:54 | Message # 28
Pioneer
Ireland
The story of Space Engine and my creaky little netbook is a long, winding, and ultimately rather boring one...

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
I think that had more to do with the bugginess and instability of that version than anything else.

A little from column A, a little from column B - with much struggling and gnashing of teeth, I have managed to get it working - a key discovery was that Catalyst Control Centre has only been pretending to update my display drivers on this machine for the last four years - they were actually Microsoft Compatibility drivers or some such from 2009 all along (which is actually amazing - they ran Crysis, Garry's Mod, loads of stuff!).

All the latest Catalyst installers don't seem to support my card (an ATI Radeon HD3200), but don't bother mentioning that during the install, they just install the CCC, and whatever bloatware they don't feel like giving me the option to refuse on any given day, and then act like the job is done - without even creating a "drivers" folder in the extraction directory!

It took some hunting, but I found what appears to be the last version of CCC that supports my card on a mirror site - version 13.1 - and I just extracted the package and then manually installed the driver infs. I was done with CCC. I have a third party tool called ATI Tray Tools which is no longer developed, and doesn't support newer cards, but was fantastic back in the day; offering much, much more control over your card than CCC provides - so I'm using that.

Once that was in place, 0.9.7.2 worked!!! ...Ok-ish (nebula and galaxy sprites genocided my framerate), but the new atioglxx.DLL file in .3 caused a crash, so I have replaced it with older versions. One from 2013 works, but is... buggy. The framerate is poorer than 972 at Earth, nebula and galaxy sprites grind the program to a halt, and when they're disabled, stars pop in and out of view instead of fading while changing limits or flying around.

Everything else seems to work ok-ish, though... I'm still messing with things...

Quote Archangel_the_Stylish ()
Destructor1701, Destructor, I have .972 and love it. It even has cool background music that really provides immersion.

Um... great! Glad to hear it - not sure why you're addressing that statement to me, though... did I recommend the program to you from somewhere else on the internet or something?

Edited by Destructor1701 - Sunday, 19.04.2015, 10:09

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 19.04.2015, 14:21 | Message # 29
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Destructor1701, try to remove atioglxx.DLL from SE folder. It will use the default one in the windows folder.

MarcDate: Monday, 20.04.2015, 05:23 | Message # 30
Observer
Australia
Just downloaded 973

Thanks SpaceEngineer

Keep up the great work! smile

Forum » SpaceEngine » News and Announcements » SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3 release!
Search: