ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » News and Announcements » Moderator Recruitment (Want to become a moderator? Read this thread!)
Moderator Recruitment
HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 02.06.2013, 04:45 | Message # 1
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
SpaceEngine's community is larger than ever, and this means that the forum requires a lot of moderation to keep things in order and to provide all the help that everyone needs. Right now our moderating team is quite understaffed, so we're looking to recruit new people into the ranks.

Moderators must be as helpful as possible to anyone who needs it, have a decent knowledge of how to use and troubleshoot SE, including knowing how to install addons and change config files, and have a good knowledge of the forum's rules, customs, and organization.

If you're interested in becoming a moderator, the best way to become one is to start being like one! Help anyone who needs it, assist newcomers in learning the rules, direct people to the proper threads if they posted in the wrong one/made an unnecessary one, etc. If you can show that you can do these things consistently and well then you'll be asked to join the moderation team.

A very important note: if you want to be a moderator, you must be able to devote time to the SE community on a regular basis. Being able to moderate for about one hour over the course of the day on a daily basis is requested, though more time is always better. Also, the forum should be moderated at all times of the day so people from different time zones or with different sleep routines are desired. Post your average times of availability on an average day, including your time zone, if you're trying out to be a moderator.

If you're not sure about what the best way to handle situations is then use Solaris as your role model, and use his actions as examples.

Please only post in this thread if you're really trying out to be a moderator, in which case post your times of average availability, or if you have a question about this whole process.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Sunday, 02.06.2013, 23:07

anonymousgamerDate: Sunday, 02.06.2013, 05:06 | Message # 2
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Times available? Well, midweek, I'm on and off in the mornings, but pretty much on nearly all the time in the afternoon/evenings. On the weekends, as long as my computer is on, I'm here on SE. Which is nearly all the time.
Sometimes I'm the only one on.... it gets lonely...

My time zone is UTC-5 (Eastern US).

I also tend to browse other forums to see if they have SE threads. Currently I'm following SE on Reddit and Facepunch.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

TimDate: Sunday, 02.06.2013, 09:22 | Message # 3
Explorer
Group: Users
Belgium
Not sure if I meet the qualifications, but I've been using Space Engine for almost a year and made a habit out of checking every board for new posts at least twice a day.

The next two weeks is my exam period, thus I won't be online that often, but the next tree months I'd be online regularly at any time of day. I'm in the +1 gmt zone. After those three months I'll still have a reasonable amount of spare time.

I have the basic technical skills, meaning I know how to use addons, export and edit systems, use the cfg. files etc.
As long as it doesn't get too complicated.

I'm aware of the forum rules, but I'll keep them close now :P

I've been a moderator before on another forum (Torpia, you may know it), but it must be said that I really mastered that game and was very devoted at the time. Had to back off a little from that.

Edited by Tim - Sunday, 02.06.2013, 09:23

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 02.06.2013, 09:47 | Message # 4
Cosmic Curator
United States
Those are nice resumés, guys, but I'd like to clarify that selection is not based on anything that you submit here (except maybe availability times). Only your actions in the forum matter. I just wanted to state that clearly in case there was any confusion.

My SE mods and addons

FrostbreathDate: Sunday, 02.06.2013, 10:03 | Message # 5
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Netherlands
I have 3+ hours of time on a midweek day. Timezone is GMT +2 (with DST active).

(Sidenote: I've been moderating the Minecraftforums for a while.)

Amateur astronomer. Owner of a Celestron C8 telescope and, of course, Space Engine. Translator for Dutch.

MartekDate: Sunday, 02.06.2013, 23:00 | Message # 6
Astronaut
United States
I recently helped someone get from zero to hero via Skype. Their program is now working and I have a fix for the AMD Radeon cards that give SE problems.

Sign me up, Doc! biggrin biggrin biggrin

5.0 GHz i7 12 Cores
GeForce 680i GTX 2GB
Windows 7 Ultimate
64GB DDR3 RAM

Edited by Martek - Sunday, 02.06.2013, 23:07

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 02.06.2013, 23:09 | Message # 7
Cosmic Curator
United States
I added a line to the OP to clear some things up about posting in this thread.

My SE mods and addons

2000gmod2Date: Monday, 03.06.2013, 02:29 | Message # 8
Space Tourist
Chile
I live on GMT-4, i have more that 4 hours of free time almost every day and i check every board for new messages

But, I cant help much with technical issues with SE, but im good at moderating, i moderated a few forums before for a few months, I will love to moderate this one too!

EDIT: Now i have 1 hour daily sad (Exept on fryday or weekend)

Edited by 2000gmod2 - Tuesday, 18.06.2013, 00:32

rdskns4evaDate: Thursday, 02.01.2014, 21:46 | Message # 9
Astronaut
United States
Are you guys still looking for mods? I'm willing to volunteer. I'm avaiable most weekends and on the weekends, I'm avaiable from 9-12 pm Eastern Standard Time in the US.

Core 17 3770k (3.5 GHz) - GTX 680 4GB (SLI), 256 GB SSD - 2 TB HDD - 16GB Corsair RAM

Atheist101Date: Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 15:20 | Message # 10
Astronaut
United States
I would love to be one. Im available any time, days of course. Im a stay at home dad so i can be on when ever except at night. Ill say the cut off for me is 10pm central american time, and the earliest would be 9am central. Any time between 9am and 10pm i can be on. Just let me know if you are still interested in more mods i'd be happy to help this wonderful project any way i can. Since i dont have money to donate i can offer help this way.

QuontexDate: Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 23:00 | Message # 11
Explorer
Australia
From about 8am - 11pm/Midnight AEST(Australian Eastern Standard Time). I'm usually on/off during that time.

EDIT: Never mind, Just realised it is an old thread. :S

Edited by Quontex - Wednesday, 18.03.2015, 23:00

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 19.03.2015, 00:32 | Message # 12
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Quontex ()
Never mind, Just realised it is an old thread.

Doesn't matter really. My recommendation for becoming a moderator would be to just stay active, follow the rules, and helping people out where you can.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

steeljaw354Date: Sunday, 12.06.2016, 23:36 | Message # 13
World Builder
Pirate
I would like to be a moderator, I have been active recently and have helped a few people out. I want to help this place out. I'm available 9:00-22:00 on weekends and 6:00 to 6:50 in the mornings of weekdays and 14:00 to 20:00 on weekdays.

Edited by steeljaw354 - Sunday, 12.06.2016, 23:54

Forum » SpaceEngine » News and Announcements » Moderator Recruitment (Want to become a moderator? Read this thread!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: