Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Mothership concept
Mothership concept
SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 16.06.2013, 12:24 | Message # 91
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
3 ship models from AmID91. They was made for 0.96, but I'm completely forgot about them. Now with light textures. Impressive level of detail!

Attachments: 2843677.jpg (331.5 Kb) · 4736777.jpg (166.6 Kb) · 7237065.jpg (166.7 Kb) · 1828556.jpg (219.5 Kb) · 7635041.jpg (548.1 Kb) · 3869639.jpg (443.2 Kb) · 0364421.jpg (334.7 Kb)

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 16.06.2013, 12:47 | Message # 92
Cosmic Curator
United States
Ooooh, nice. I still wish we had that one other ship that was being worked on, by Romario I think.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

VoekoevakaDate: Sunday, 16.06.2013, 13:15 | Message # 93
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Wonderful ! We need more official ships in SE like this !

I remember I saw some wonderful ships bu SHV on the russian forum. Will they be available one day ?

I especially love the one with the asteroïd.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

SHWDate: Sunday, 16.06.2013, 14:23 | Message # 94
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote (Voekoevaka)
Will they be available one day ?

I think - no. They are just concepts, and contain a lot of polygons. Also, 3-d and 4-th ships are pre-editor concepts, so they are replaced with editor itself.
Concept with asteroid was inspired by Clarke's novels, but it looks unreal for high accelerations in SE.
Probably, I'll get some parts of them into editor.

Your mind is software. Program it.
Your body is a shell. Change it.
Death is a disease. Cure it.

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 16.06.2013, 19:43 | Message # 95
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
I especially like particle accelerator rings as engines, and hab module with transparent shield around (though SE does not support blendning for now). Maybe having some of your non-editor ships in SE is good.

werdnaforeverDate: Monday, 17.06.2013, 04:51 | Message # 96
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
How about a gigantic constant acceleration ship with a big, fortified habitable ring with modules that can rotate; when the ship is at rest it is like a normal space station, and when it's accelerating the modules rotate to create a habitable surface. Think about turning a rubber band inside out, but with modules.

Then you could make the trip mostly seamless. This wouldn't have to be animated if the ring is encased in a solid passive shield (basically a torus shaped shell) a couple meters thick.

SHWDate: Monday, 17.06.2013, 07:54 | Message # 97
Astronaut
Pirate
Quote (werdnaforever)
How about a gigantic constant acceleration ship with a big, fortified habitable ring with modules that can rotate; when the ship is at rest it is like a normal space station, and when it's accelerating the modules rotate to create a habitable surface. Think about turning a rubber band inside out, but with modules. Then you could make the trip mostly seamless. This wouldn't have to be animated if the ring is encased in a solid passive shield (basically a torus shaped shell) a couple meters thick

I am using this idea for most of my concepts.

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 17.06.2013, 11:44 | Message # 98
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
Then you could make the trip mostly seamless. This wouldn't have to be animated if the ring is encased in a solid passive shield (basically a torus shaped shell) a couple meters thick.

Yes, both SHW and I mentioned this idea a while ago, and you mentioned having it too when you read what we wrote.

Check the previous page.

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Monday, 17.06.2013, 11:46

werdnaforeverDate: Monday, 17.06.2013, 13:54 | Message # 99
World Builder
Pirate
Oh.

nevermind then ... I had totally forgotten that for some reason
I'm not sure what I was thinking. Perhaps I wasnt
crazy <- (me)

SHWDate: Wednesday, 21.08.2013, 14:02 | Message # 100
Astronaut
Pirate
Here I was accused, that Russians like functional (steel) design. But, actually, I like the organic design. Unfortunately, I don't have enough imagination to implement it, but I'll try. It is my first work in Z-Brush, so, it is not very good.

Presenting an organic starship, designed by a race from an ocean planet. This ship is in fact a cyborg, which combines the most advanced bio-, nano-, and other technologies. As the race evolved in the ocean, the ship resembles a cross between fish and giant insect. The members of the race communicate to each other using a difficult language for humans, like infrasonic whale songs, so the real name of the ship cannot be pronounced. But people call it "fire dragonfly" for its resemblance to terrestrial insects.

The ship is built by the reverse pattern, ie engines are located in the nose and pull the entirety of the rest of the structure. This reduces the requirements for stiffness and stability of the ship under acceleration. For low-speed maneuvering the ship is equipped with 6 thrusters with variable thrust vectoring and two reverse engines, closed by lids during the main flight. Ship can "eat" small ice rocks from planetary rings and extract all necessary for the functioning substance: water, hydrogen, oxygen and fuel for nuclear fusion. To do this, it has the "mouth" in front of the ship.

Radiators are divided into two types according to the operating temperature: high temperature, for cooling the reactor, engines and hyperdrive, and low temperature, for cooling the ship's life-support systems and other less powerful systems. Low temperature radiators radiate in infrared, but when working they shine with blue light due to bioluminescence.

The meteor shield, unlike the majority of Earth ships, is embedded into tanks and the frame structure, but under the shield's scales fairly loose tissue to dissipate the debris clouds, from destructed particles. Although, it imposes a restriction on the higher speeds. High-temperature radiators outside the shield, in case of serious danger can be folded to completely hide behind it. But in most cases it is not necessary because the radiator's profile is small and the front edge of the radiator works as a protection against micrometeorites.

Another feature of the ship, is the habitat section, consisting of separate "eggs" filled with salt water. Because creatures are accustomed to the conditions of the ocean, they feel quite comfortable in zero gravity and do not need in artificial gravity. Each "egg" is a lander with a heat shield. Upon reaching the target, they get off from the mother ship and go down to the planet surface by braking in the atmosphere. In order to dock with stations, there is a special port near to the habitat section. When docking it is filled with water too.

With engines and hyperdrive turned off:

I hope that the ship will be available with the patch.

Attachments: 6462492.jpg (216.9 Kb) · 3915095.jpg (406.9 Kb) · 3691322.jpg (286.7 Kb) · 1061040.jpg (594.7 Kb) · 4785639.jpg (311.4 Kb) · 0540652.jpg (196.9 Kb) · 3218535.jpg (280.6 Kb)

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 21.08.2013, 14:09 | Message # 101
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (SHW)
Here I was accused, that Russians like functional (steel) design.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make any accusations, I was just noting a historical trend. I probably should not have said anything, it's usually not good to generalize.

It is a very interesting design, it looks very good for it being your first time using that program! It's nice to have a really alien looking ship design to look at for a change smile

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Wednesday, 21.08.2013, 14:16

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 22.08.2013, 02:02 | Message # 102
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
That is one crazy scifi looking ship design. I think its a good looking ship too.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

werdnaforeverDate: Thursday, 22.08.2013, 03:35 | Message # 103
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (SHW)
Here I was accused, that Russians like functional (steel) design. But, actually, I like the organic design. Unfortunately, I don't have enough imagination to implement it, but I'll try. It is my first work in Z-Brush, so, it is not very good.

This is very good! It's an original design, and is well modeled. It looks like you put effort in attention to detail, which I respect very much. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Really, this is amazing work. smile Also, I think you should call it a "Hyperfly" class vessel.

SeptimusOrakaDate: Thursday, 09.01.2014, 15:28 | Message # 104
Space Tourist
Brazil
Well, I think that some ships - especially colonizers -could be like this one (Colonized Interstellar Vessel Concept).

EDIT: Oooops! wrong thread! I was put this post here: Pictures or Concept art for new ships for v0.96. wacko

Edited by SeptimusOraka - Thursday, 09.01.2014, 15:32

MangarianDate: Friday, 10.01.2014, 13:14 | Message # 105
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Why did I not find this place earlier smile well I had my head stuck beta testing other combat sim games and belong to another community. This has potential, I am tired of the "tropical Fish Tank 'games" everything jam packed into one sector and no elbow room.

Edited by Mangarian - Friday, 10.01.2014, 19:43

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Mothership concept
Search: